BuckMaster

Hong Kong Divorce for Filipino

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, glenn69 said:

Hi Buckmaster,

thanks for the information it was so nice to know that USEM HK will automatically extend Noa2  for another 4 month's...just one question..does your visa coach pull some string to make your NOA2 ,extended ?or they will automatically extend NOA2 for all applicant.

Thank you.

It is automatically extended for all visa applicants.  Please do not worry, yours will be automatically extended.  :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
51 minutes ago, BuckMaster said:

It is automatically extended for all visa applicants.  Please do not worry, yours will be automatically extended.  :D

yes!yes!yes!😂

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, glenn69 said:

Hi Buckmaster,

thanks for the information it was so nice to know that USEM HK will automatically extend Noa2  for another 4 month's...just one question..does your visa coach pull some string to make your NOA2 ,extended ?or they will automatically extend NOA2 for all applicant.

Thank you.

The embassy will repeat the 4 month extensions for a total of 12 months.    Good to know that HK does the automatic extensions also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The embassy will repeat the 4 month extensions for a total of 12 months.    Good to know that HK does the automatic extensions also.

yes how nice...we are now worry free for our Noa2 expiration date. I pray we get through all this and reunite to my lovey dovey soon.😊😊😍

Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 5:51 PM, glenn69 said:

yes how nice...we are now worry free for our Noa2 expiration date. I pray we get through all this and reunite to my lovey dovey soon.😊😊😍

Hi guys,

I just got my  packet 4 (,second letter from USEM HK. ) Interview will be on August 09...I have a few concern with regards the checklist documents to be presented..."previous passport " i just only HAVE two old passport with me other old passport was burn by my ex husband .what can I do ..is this will be the cause of not granting a visa? please help.

thank you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, glenn69 said:

Hi guys,

I just got my  packet 4 (,second letter from USEM HK. ) Interview will be on August 09...I have a few concern with regards the checklist documents to be presented..."previous passport " i just only HAVE two old passport with me other old passport was burn by my ex husband .what can I do ..is this will be the cause of not granting a visa? please help.

thank you.

Bring what you have, don't worry about the destroyed one, you can explain this to them.   Lost or damaged passports are not unusual.    Don't see the missing passport being a reason for denial 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Bring what you have, don't worry about the destroyed one, you can explain this to them.   Lost or damaged passports are not unusual.    Don't see the missing passport being a reason for denial 

Hi Hank,

Thank you so much I really appreciate you being here...a Big HELP for me, and for those who have situation like me.

again thank you.

Best Regards.😊

Timeline
On 1/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, BuckMaster said:

Hello All,

Thank you for your responses.  They have been very informative and encouraging.  :-)

We are moving right along and everything is going fine so far (thank you Jesus).  A few of you have proactively asked about our meeting in person.... Yes, I will be flying to Hong Kong to meet my Pacific Princess the end of this month, during the Chinese New Year!  Of course, we are very excited.  To finally see each other in person after kissing our cellphones for six months!!  I'm sure many of you can relate if you take a moment to recall the first time you saw your Filipino bride-to-be.  Can't wait!!  I have a hotel room with a balcony and a view of the city.  It is going to be a wonderful trip.

While in Hong Kong, we will take pics of us together at major landmarks, to be included in our K-1 Visa application as part of our "proof of an existing relationship".  I cannot wait to be with her on Victoria's Peak at night in Hong Kong.  So very romantic....

I will attempt to address the question below:

I have asked my fiancee about this...  She said that as long as your fiancee has the "Hong Kong ID Card", which, in turn, means that she also has a Hong Kong address; she can file for her divorce in Hong Kong.  My fiancee is registered in Hong Kong as a Domestic Helper and uses the address of her employer for her divorce as well as her K-1 Visa application.  I hope this helps....

I have an additional question for the community:

Once my fiancee receives her K-1 Visa in Hong Kong (how's that for an optimistically positive statement? :-) , we would like to travel to the Philippines so that I can meet her family and the two of us visit, prior to starting our lives together in the United States.  I am understanding that she will need a CFO certificate in order to fly out of the Philippines to the United States?  Is that correct?  If so, how does she obtain this?

You all have been so considerate to help those of us that are chasing this dream.  I pray that God will bless each and everyone of you for your time and kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Buck

Timeline
On 1/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, BuckMaster said:

Hello All,

Thank you for your responses.  They have been very informative and encouraging.  :-)

We are moving right along and everything is going fine so far (thank you Jesus).  A few of you have proactively asked about our meeting in person.... Yes, I will be flying to Hong Kong to meet my Pacific Princess the end of this month, during the Chinese New Year!  Of course, we are very excited.  To finally see each other in person after kissing our cellphones for six months!!  I'm sure many of you can relate if you take a moment to recall the first time you saw your Filipino bride-to-be.  Can't wait!!  I have a hotel room with a balcony and a view of the city.  It is going to be a wonderful trip.

While in Hong Kong, we will take pics of us together at major landmarks, to be included in our K-1 Visa application as part of our "proof of an existing relationship".  I cannot wait to be with her on Victoria's Peak at night in Hong Kong.  So very romantic....

I will attempt to address the question below:

I have asked my fiancee about this...  She said that as long as your fiancee has the "Hong Kong ID Card", which, in turn, means that she also has a Hong Kong address; she can file for her divorce in Hong Kong.  My fiancee is registered in Hong Kong as a Domestic Helper and uses the address of her employer for her divorce as well as her K-1 Visa application.  I hope this helps....

I have an additional question for the community:

Once my fiancee receives her K-1 Visa in Hong Kong (how's that for an optimistically positive statement? :-) , we would like to travel to the Philippines so that I can meet her family and the two of us visit, prior to starting our lives together in the United States.  I am understanding that she will need a CFO certificate in order to fly out of the Philippines to the United States?  Is that correct?  If so, how does she obtain this?

You all have been so considerate to help those of us that are chasing this dream.  I pray that God will bless each and everyone of you for your time and kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Buck

If she s divorced in hk and she s still married in Phil. Its hard for her to obtain the requirement for having the CFO.. like  CENOMAR, ANNULLEMENT paper is she is in K1 Visa.. it is better to take your vacation in philippines before she got her US VISA,. When she have her visa then she no need to go back in philippines, she wil take her flight directly from hongkong to US...

Thats what im going do to if i have luck that i get approved visa on my interview  this coming July..

My Niece also,  thats what she did she didnt went home to philippines after she pick up her VISA she have a daugther to in philippines that have to bring with her in US but she asked someone to accompany her daugther to travel to hongkong. They were lucky that have someone who help them to get the CFO of her daugther and she can passed thru from philippines immigration to come in hongkong

Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, glenn69 said:

Hi Hank,

Thank you so much I really appreciate you being here...a Big HELP for me, and for those who have situation like me.

again thank you.

Best Regards.😊

Good luck to us.. i have my interview appointment on july 25

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ellenju31 said:

If she s divorced in hk and she s still married in Phil. Its hard for her to obtain the requirement for having the CFO.. like  CENOMAR, ANNULLEMENT paper is she is in K1 Visa.. it is better to take your vacation in philippines before she got her US VISA,. When she have her visa then she no need to go back in philippines, she wil take her flight directly from hongkong to US...

Thats what im going do to if i have luck that i get approved visa on my interview  this coming July..

My Niece also,  thats what she did she didnt went home to philippines after she pick up her VISA she have a daugther to in philippines that have to bring with her in US but she asked someone to accompany her daugther to travel to hongkong. They were lucky that have someone who help them to get the CFO of her daugther and she can passed thru from philippines immigration to come in hongkong

Only have the divorce from HK is not an issue with CFO.   Bring the CEMAR and a copy of the divorce decree, CFO is good with that.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We have similar issue, my fiancé has Singapore divorce. Rapidvisa tells me that divorce has to be annotated on CEMAR but due to Philippines not honoring divorces they will not do that. From what I understand her divorce trumps the CEMAR? From what I have read on uscis they only mention needing valid divorce? So basically she goes to embassy with court certified copy of divorce and all is good?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mackdaddy66 said:

We have similar issue, my fiancé has Singapore divorce. Rapidvisa tells me that divorce has to be annotated on CEMAR  :no: (bad info)  but due to Philippines not honoring divorces they will not do that. From what I understand her divorce trumps the CEMAR? From what I have read on uscis they only mention needing valid divorce? So basically she goes to embassy with court certified copy of divorce and all is good?

Correct, the divorce decree trumps the CEMAR.     Embassy will be totally fine with the divorce decree and the CEMAR

As a side note the Philippines now honors a foreign divorce initiated by the Filipino if the other spouse is a foreigner... there was a recent supreme court ruling.  Still this requires a court process 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

When filing the petition do I need to send CEMAR with divorce decree or will just divorce decree work? 

wanting to file next week... hoping no need for CEMAR until embassy phase

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mackdaddy66 said:
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Correct, the divorce decree trumps the CEMAR.     Embassy will be totally fine with the divorce decree and the CEMAR

As a side note the Philippines now honors a foreign divorce initiated by the Filipino if the other spouse is a foreigner... there was a recent supreme court ruling.  Still this requires a court process 

When filing the petition do I need to send CEMAR with divorce decree or will just divorce decree work? 

wanting to file next week... hoping no need for CEMAR until embassy phase? Looks like most only submit at embassy? Appreciate you sharing your knowledge Hank... is big help😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.