Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,589 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Antonia & Dian said:

I am sure this has been answered multiple times on here, I've gone through a few pages and haven't found the answer tho :D

NVC said they received my case today, when do you guys think would be a good time to call for a case number? The rep on the phone said it can take up to 2 weeks, but I know it can be sooner... 

WE were lucky got our case received and case number on same day 😁😁

It's getting close to NVC received for me so now is the time to ask my UK question. I'm hoping that someone who has been through the entire process after NVC received up to approval, can provide me a rough step by step (in order), what needs to be done after NVC receive.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

14 hours ago, Antonia & Dian said:

I am sure this has been answered multiple times on here, I've gone through a few pages and haven't found the answer tho :D

NVC said they received my case today, when do you guys think would be a good time to call for a case number? The rep on the phone said it can take up to 2 weeks, but I know it can be sooner... 

so call adn find out if it will be forwarded to your embassy electronically or via snail mail. if electronically, the chances of you receiving the case number the day after they receive your case is high.... and it will also be at your embassy soon. look at my timeline in my signature, it was also similar to another person here who was part of the scan method and not snail mail. good luck!

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

so call adn find out if it will be forwarded to your embassy electronically or via snail mail. if electronically, the chances of you receiving the case number the day after they receive your case is high.... and it will also be at your embassy soon. look at my timeline in my signature, it was also similar to another person here who was part of the scan method and not snail mail. good luck!

I was part of the scan method and it took longer for the case number to get assigned, but it arrived much faster at the embassy. There was a link provided to check where they actually do the electronic petition. I am not sure the Philippines is one of them, but I could be wrong.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

Thank you! I will call to verify that :) 

1 hour ago, PR&PR said:

I was part of the scan method and it took longer for the case number to get assigned, but it arrived much faster at the embassy. There was a link provided to check where they actually do the electronic petition. I am not sure the Philippines is one of them, but I could be wrong.

I checked on the link but I didn't see my country as being done electronically, sadly. 

Funny thing, I called this morning and the person said your case hasn't arrived yet, I told her yesterday I was told it was received and she took a little while and then corrected herself... :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Are there any January filers still waiting for Noa2?. Our received date January 17th (162 days of waitiing now). Today my fiance sent an inquiry through USCIS website. And it said they will review and process the request. And expect a reply by July 20, 2017. I hope this is true. Hopefully they will inform us on July.

For the rest of us who still waiting. I pray they will work on our files and we will get the Noa2 letter soon on July.

image.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Are there any January filers still waiting for Noa2?. Our received date January 17th (162 days of waitiing now). Today my fiance sent an inquiry through USCIS website. And it said they will review and process the request. And expect a reply by July 20, 2017. I hope this is true. Hopefully they will inform us on July.

For the rest of us who still waiting. I pray they will work on our files and we will get the Noa2 letter soon on July.

image.png

Call uscis ask for tier 2 press 1 then 5 to reach agent

Edited by Emmz
Added info

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emmz said:

Call uscis ask for tier 2 press 1 then 5 to reach agent

Thanks @Emmz. My fiance is tired of calling, so today he decided to sent inquiry through their website.

He called USCIS two weeks ago and talked to Tier 2. The officer said they're processing January files and they will send the letter anytime. But until now we didn't receive anything. It's why we decided to send inquiry through their website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Thanks @Emmz. My fiance is tired of calling, so today he decided to sent inquiry through their website.

He called USCIS two weeks ago and talked to Tier 2. The officer said they're processing January files and they will send the letter anytime. But until now we didn't receive anything. It's why we decided to send inquiry through their website.

How did you get  to talk to Tier 2? Any tips and tricks?

I was never able to convince the person on the phone to transfer me to Tier 2...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, goodlulck52 said:

How did you get  to talk to Tier 2? Any tips and tricks?

I was never able to convince the person on the phone to transfer me to Tier 2...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @goodlulck52. It's my fiance who called and talked to Tier 2. He always call in the morning between 8 or 10 am. He told the officer that he's concern about our WAC file.

He called USCIS twice, first was in May and second was in June and he always be able to talk to Tier 2. But they always put him on hold for 3 or 5 hours. And then Tier 2 officer called my fiance back and inform him. We haven't heard anything yet after we contact them by phone. So we decided to send inquiry through USCIS website. Hopefully this time we will hear the good news from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
41 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Hi @goodlulck52. It's my fiance who called and talked to Tier 2. He always call in the morning between 8 or 10 am. He told the officer that he's concern about our WAC file.

He called USCIS twice, first was in May and second was in June and he always be able to talk to Tier 2. But they always put him on hold for 3 or 5 hours. And then Tier 2 officer called my fiance back and inform him. We haven't heard anything yet after we contact them by phone. So we decided to send inquiry through USCIS website. Hopefully this time we will hear the good news from them.

Thank you very much! :energy:Good luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, JloveN said:

image.png

In order to get the NOA 2 i had to contact USCIS, and was able to get lucky to get a quick responding Tier 2 officer to make sure that I received a NOA2 within 14 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.