khtak716

K1 Approved but stuck on Ready (40 days)

21 posts in this topic

Happy new year to you all... It's my first time time on here.. I successfully had an interview last December 13, 2017 ever since my case on the CEAC status been on "READY" up till date. It has been a month now, and I see no updates just READY on my CEAC and " DOCUMENT DELIEVERY INFORMSTION" on the ustrsveldoc.!. I was approved on the date of my interview without a 221g. I was given a paper which states the collection of my issued immigrant visa.. The consular actually told me that it will take two weeks. I understood.. With the long it has taken now with no updates and even whenever I call they said they are working on it and that I should wait for an email from the DHL. Please help me with some info or what to do. Whether if the long wait is normal. Also most importantly my medical will be expiring by end of this month. Thanks to you all.. 

Happy new year to you all... It's my first time time on here.. I successfully had an interview last December 13, 2017 ever since my case on the CEAC status been on "READY" up till date. It has been a month now, and I see no updates just READY on my CEAC and " DOCUMENT DELIEVERY INFORMSTION" on the ustrsveldoc.!. I was approved on the date of my interview without a 221g. I was given a paper which states the collection of my issued immigrant visa.. The consular actually told me that it will take two weeks. I understood.. With the long it has taken now with no updates and even whenever I call they said they are working on it and that I should wait for an email from the DHL. Please help me with some info or what to do. Whether if the long wait is normal. Also most importantly my medical will be expiring by end of this month. Thanks to you all.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi Ghanaba2018,

I don't believe your medical can technically expire, as they have already approved your case.  My finance had to get further shots from a civil surgeon here in the USA, once he came, because his medical was incomplete.  Also, they never gave him the form with the proof of the medical, so once he was here and we were married and had to file for the I-485 (adjustment of status), we just referenced the date of his physical and provide paperwork from the civil surgeon as to the additional shots he was given here in the USA.  At worst, they may have had us retake a physical (via a Request for Information during that adjustment of status paperwork process).  This is why I'm saying that I don't think your physical can 'expire' once they've approved your visa.  Of course I don't know the exact details of your situation and don't want to give you any incorrect information, so you may want to post questions on that piece in an area of the forum about the physical to be sure.  But hopefully it won't be an issue at all for you.

As for the wait you are going through, I'm so very sorry to hear!!  It was really hard on us, too.  It too 56 days, I believe, to get my fiance's passport back, after I contacted my local congressman's office and wrote the letter to them with evidence (see my previous post); they were able to make direct contact with the consulate and get the process moving (I've written about this on our timeline, too).  You can try to go that route, and you may get answers.  I think the situation with immigration under our current president is causing all these delays, unfortunately.  But you have been approved with a 221g, so that is the good news.  If something were wrong with your application, it would have gone into AP.

I hope you can get some answers very very soon!  Good luck to you!!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Any one had same issue please advise us .

NVC assigned us case on Jan 24th 2018 and since than our case is at NVC and under going Administrative process ?

Anyone had samiliar issue please let us know how long it took and what was the process as i am not getting any answer from NVC .

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/13/2018 at 10:08 PM, Ghanaba2018 said:

Hi @Ghanaba2018  are you also from the philippines? We have the same situation and delimma in this case that seems to be stuck and no updates for us for how many weeks now and worrying about the medical to be expired on march 29, it's almost a month now after my interview at the embassy and this READY status hasn't changed even once although we see being opened from time to time (last case opened March 5,2018). How's it going now for yours so far as of this time if I may ask? I hope there's already a movement. This is really stressing me out 😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi @khtak716 mine's going to be a month from the interview and exactly what happened with yours before w/c seems to be stuck in READY status. I have read the resorts you have taken to get it pushed through, will it be too early for my fiance to do that or do you think it will already be reasonable to do it as early as now to get this resolved as early rather than to wait? I need some advise 😔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.