7 posts in this topic

How reliable is visa journeys postings of various service centers processing times or dates being processed? I have spoken with a USCIS rep. and they are telling me that CSC was now processing July 16th 2016 for k-1 visa whereas visa journey read that they are now processing Nov. 18th 2016. Can anyone help clear this up?

6 minutes ago, dproff said:

How reliable is visa journeys postings of various service centers processing times or dates being processed? I have spoken with a USCIS rep. and they are telling me that CSC was now processing July 16th 2016 for k-1 visa whereas visa journey read that they are now processing Nov. 18th 2016. Can anyone help clear this up?

The timeline data on vj is only as good as what people are supplying....

From my personal experience during the k-1 journey, I can share that the data was very accurate and helpful. Now, I'm a data person so I was constantly studying timelines, pulling out timeline data, setting up spreadsheets and so on. My own NOA 2 projection based on the data and my fiddling with it was actually about 2 weeks earlier than the what vj predicted. And the NOA 2 was actually received the very day I had projected. My point is...the data is good. But it is so frustrating to see where timelines aren't being filled in properly and some timelines have been abandoned. That's why there are the frequent pleas to update your timeline! It is important and helpful information.

Past postings of conversations with USCIS reps regarding dates and workload have proven to be false...either bad info given out or info misunderstood. 

Whoever you talked ot maybe is dealing with particular cases or does not really know.

We were basically July filers, see timeline below, and we have been done with everything and POE and all in November so.

vj timelines are soley based off of ppl filing them correctly , most dont even finish them for many reasons examples: got denied , gave up , got approved and didnt care to fill it out  , etc. My noa2 prediction i got from vj was actually spot on, but it also depends when your filing as i filled during the early fall when uscis was approving 30-40 days avg

The USCIS rarely update their information. When looking on their website for processing times it says that they update every 30 days (or similar) but when looking at the dates for last update it can sometimes be 3-4 months before they are updated online. VJ timelines, although reliant on input from members, is based on real-time feedback of what is actually being sent out/adjudicated atm...