snowcat

221g for NSO Birth Certificate

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, snowcat said:

Yeah it really sucks not knowing when to expect an update, but at least this gives me an idea of what's happening behind the scenes instead of being left completely in the dark. 

Guess it could take up to a month before they issue my visa, based on some posts I've read here. Just gonna keep on hoping I get an update soon! The wait is excruciating. The long distance is killing me.

The last two I watched go through with a 221g were processed very quickly, and they was just a few weeks ago maybe, which means they were dealing with the holidays as well.   Just the same, one never knows how fast things will progress - things go sort of like this.. document arrives at USEM, sorted then someone has to pull your file and physically insert it into the folder, then the CO has to review your application (along with all the new applications for the day)

Tough part is NOT checking CEAC status hourly. :lol:     

I know what you are saying about the waiting and the long distance.  Best thing you can do is the same as when your filed the I-129F ... be patient. ;)

Very soon.... 

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sagot said:

The last two I watched go through with a 221g were processed very quickly, and they was just a few weeks ago maybe, which means they were dealing with the holidays as well.   Just the same, one never knows how fast things will progress - things go sort of like this.. document arrives at USEM, sorted then someone has to pull your file and physically insert it into the folder, then the CO has to review your application (along with all the new applications for the day)

Tough part is NOT checking CEAC status hourly. :lol:     

I know what you are saying about the waiting and the long distance.  Best thing you can do is the same as when your filed the I-129F ... be patient. ;)

Very soon.... 

Lol I've been checking CEAC twice a day. Kind of hard not to, even though I know it's futile. :lol: 

The last updated date finally changed to today (Jan 20), but still in AP. Meh~ Gotta keep waiting... Hopefully it at least changes to "READY" next week!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, snowcat said:

Lol I've been checking CEAC twice a day. Kind of hard not to, even though I know it's futile. :lol: 

The last updated date finally changed to today (Jan 20), but still in AP. Meh~ Gotta keep waiting... Hopefully it at least changes to "READY" next week!!!

And you are not done with the waiting.  Next there is AOS, two years later ROC.. and then Naturalization.   Lots of waiting in store for you still. :lol:

Waiting and more waiting.  Gotta get used to it. It's been one year and 23 days for our ROC and still have not heard anything. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sagot said:

And you are not done with the waiting.  Next there is AOS, two years later ROC.. and then Naturalization.   Lots of waiting in store for you still. :lol:

I know! But at least I'll be WITH my fiance for the other waiting periods. I just really want to be with him already... more than getting citizenship. :((

Timeline

I know! But at least I'll be WITH my fiance for the other waiting periods. I just really want to be with him already... more than getting citizenship. :((

Yup, agree totally.. this is the most difficult waiting. :clock:

Hello Ms. Snowcat, I m Celeztia, filipina. I have the same experience with you. I had my k1 interview last January 19, 2017. It was my mistake I didnt get the new version of NSo which ls PSA. I went directly to Pasay and get birth certificate. On Jan. 27, the staff from embassy will pick it up. Do you have idea how long will my status changed to ready ? Thank You for the info. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Celeztia said:

Hello Ms. Snowcat, I m Celeztia, filipina. I have the same experience with you. I had my k1 interview last January 19, 2017. It was my mistake I didnt get the new version of NSo which ls PSA. I went directly to Pasay and get birth certificate. On Jan. 27, the staff from embassy will pick it up. Do you have idea how long will my status changed to ready ? Thank You for the info. 

Well, great news, my visa has been issued TODAY! 

So, as a quick summary: 

January 6, 2017 - Interview, 221g issued for NSO birth certificate

January 10, 2017 - My birth certificate arrived, sent it right away via 2GO

January 12, 2017 - USEM received my birth certificate

January 24, 2017 - Visa ISSUED!

Now to just wait until it's ready for PICK-UP at 2GO :)

I think yours will be just as fast, if your only missing document is your birth certificate :D 

Edited by snowcat

Timeline

By the way, how do I know when my passport is ready for pick-up? Will 2GO notify me via email/text? Is there a way I can call them to check on its status? Thanks!

Edited by snowcat

14 minutes ago, snowcat said:

So, as a quick summary: 

I think yours will be just as fast, if your only missing document is your birth certificate :D 

Hello , Ms Snowcat, please let me know, when you received your passport with visa, So I have idea... Good luck?. Thanks 

Timeline

By the way, how do I know when my passport is ready for pick-up? Will 2GO notify me via email/text? Is there a way I can call them to check on its status? Thanks!

Tracking info at the bottom of this page for embassy and 2GO

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

2 hours ago, snowcat said:

So, as a quick summary: 

Hello , Ms Snowcat, please let me know, when you received your passport with visa, So I have idea... Good luck?. Thanks 

How did you knew that the embassy received the document ? Did they emailed you or did you called them ? Thanks. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Celeztia said:

How did you knew that the embassy received the document ? Did they emailed you or did you called them ? Thanks. 

My "last updated" date changed on CEAC from the day of my interview (Jan 6) to Jan 12. I just assumed that that was because they received my birth cert. :)

Timeline

VISA IN HAND!

Updated 221g summary/timeline:

January 26, 2017 - Received text from 2GO (Emerald Place, Shaw Blvd.) saying passport is ready for pick-up. Picked-up on same day.:D

Can't wait to finally see my fiance again!! LDR OVER! :dance:

Photo on 1-28-17 at 11.35 AM.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.