snowcat

USEM K1 Interview - January 2017

34 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi .... errrmmm may i know what does CFO means?

:)

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Timeline
4 hours ago, malene1207 said:

Hi .... errrmmm may i know what does CFO means?

:)

Hi! It stands for Commission on Filipinos Overseas. They host seminars that every migrating Filipino needs to attend. For my seminar, they mostly talked about adjusting to life in the USA and where to go/who to call in case of abuse. They also are trying to minimize human trafficking, so they do a short interview (much simpler than the USEM one, of course) to see if you and your partner really are legit, and that you (assuming you are the Filipino immigrating) are in safe hands. 

This is their website: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

You are required to attend the seminar and receive a certificate and sticker on your passport (once you have your K1 visa), otherwise you will not be able to board the plane!

Timeline
18 hours ago, snowcat said:

Hi! It stands for Commission on Filipinos Overseas. They host seminars that every migrating Filipino needs to attend. For my seminar, they mostly talked about adjusting to life in the USA and where to go/who to call in case of abuse. They also are trying to minimize human trafficking, so they do a short interview (much simpler than the USEM one, of course) to see if you and your partner really are legit, and that you (assuming you are the Filipino immigrating) are in safe hands. 

This is their website: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

You are required to attend the seminar and receive a certificate and sticker on your passport (once you have your K1 visa), otherwise you will not be able to board the plane!

Thank you! Got an update that my visa is ready for delivery within 10 days. I want to wait for it before i will schedule the cfo thingy :)

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.