snowcat

USEM K1 Interview - January 2017

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

. We spent 100's of hours paring ours down!! In 10 months we logged over 4,000 pages of chat!! That was ridiculous for me to print for shipping, but maybe she can use more of it in her interview.

I just printed off the first few days worth of chats, then all of the Skype screenshots showing time and date.Like you, I would have had to print an entire book.

K1 VISA
07/05/15....First Chat

09/09/16....First Meeting In Davao, Philippines

10/24/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/02/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received I-797
02/02/17....Visa in Hand 

03/07/17....POE

04/22/17....Wedding

04/27/17....Applied For SSAN

05/11/17....Received Social Security Card

AOS

07/10/17....I-485 Sent (Slightly Late) 

07/17/17....I-485 Received

08/16/17....Biometrics

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Haltech007 said:

I just printed off the first few days worth of chats, then all of the Skype screenshots showing time and date.Like you, I would have had to print an entire book.

Thanks Haltech! I'll pass that along to my intended for when she is set up for her interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

Hi Snowcat! Really enjoyed reading your detailed story about your interview! I submitted my I-129F just before the application cost went up from $340 to $535 on 12/23! Sue and I used Skype to get to know each other, both video chat and messaging. It is good to read from other testimonials that chat history is now acceptable proof of relationship. We spent 100's of hours paring ours down!! In 10 months we logged over 4,000 pages of chat!! That was ridiculous for me to print for shipping, but maybe she can use more of it in her interview.

Oh....we just got the NOA-1 on 1/2/17 from the CSC, and it does seem they move much quicker than the TSC. Hmmm!!!

Again....congrats and do keep us all posted!!!

You will only need a small sampling of your chat log for the embassy, just a page or two from each month.. nothing crazy.  Odds are they won't even look at it .... but ya never know.  

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sagot said:

You will only need a small sampling of your chat log for the embassy, just a page or two from each month.. nothing crazy.  Odds are they won't even look at in .... but ya never know.  

Thanks for that input, Sagot! I did pretty much that. Where we chatted for hours that resulted in 20 pages printed, I only used the first and last page of any given day like that just to show we chatted (at least.....sometimes video connections were dicey at best) every day right up to the day I returned from visiting her last October and how rough it was on us both to part after such a wonderful vacation (for both of us from our jobs!) and a real test of "living together" circumstances, as we had an "apartelle" with a fully appointed (well, sparse is more like it) kitchen.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

Thanks for that input, Sagot! I did pretty much that. Where we chatted for hours that resulted in 20 pages printed, I only used the first and last page of any given day like that just to show we chatted (at least.....sometimes video connections were dicey at best) every day right up to the day I returned from visiting her last October and how rough it was on us both to part after such a wonderful vacation (for both of us from our jobs!) and a real test of "living together" circumstances, as we had an "apartelle" with a fully appointed (well, sparse is more like it) kitchen.

Only used the 1st & last page.... ???   Did you include this with your I-129F application or where did you use it?   For sure not needed with the I-129F.

Ya I rented a condo for my first visit with a spare kitchen... ;) 

Timeline
Just now, Sagot said:

Only used the 1st & last page.... ???   Did you include this with your I-129F application or where did you use it?   For sure not needed with the I-129F.

Ya I rented a condo for my first visit with a spare kitchen... ;) 

I sent extracts from the 4,000+ pages we accumulated in Skype messaging over a 10 month timespan. I used this printout for proof of relationship. She will do the same at her interview, though from testimony of others, it MAY be unnecessary, but we won't take that chance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bob_B said:

I sent extracts from the 4,000+ pages we accumulated in Skype messaging over a 10 month timespan. I used this printout for proof of relationship. She will do the same at her interview, though from testimony of others, it MAY be unnecessary, but we won't take that chance.

With USCIS and the I-129F they only require proof of having met in person within the past 2 years, not relationship evidence.

Relationship evidence is for the actual visa interview at the embassy... that is where you will want copies of your chat logs, photos and such.   Even if the CO may not ask for them, always be a Boy Scout and BE PREPARED

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bob_B said:

Hi Bob_B! It's always good to be extra prepared, but just to give you some input, the consul didn't even look at our chat logs (I had printed like 6 pages of recent texts and some ~cheesy~ texts from a couple months ago lol and I handed it to him with our pictures and he just disregarded it!). He only browsed through our pictures (I had an entire scrapbook from when we first met in 2012 until our most recent trip together this New Years, 2017). Even then, though, he only spent like 10 seconds flipping through the pages of the scrapbook I spent hours making!!! D: Haha. I felt a little nervous because all the other applicants had at least 2 bulging plastic envelopes of documents and proof and all I had was a folder and my scrapbook! Haha. But it may differ per case. I had been with my fiance physically in the US for years, so maybe that's why the pictures were enough... perhaps those who have had more long distance in their relationship would require more proof like chat logs and Skype/Facetime screen shots? Always good to be safe. :) Best of luck on your journey!

Edited by snowcat

Timeline

I pulled screenshots of our Skype chats and made sure that they had the time/date in the screenshot as proof. I am in law enforcement, so I am kinda overly sensitive when it comes to providing evidence. hahaha

Skype Chat 10-29-2015.jpg

K1 VISA
07/05/15....First Chat

02/02/17....Visa in Hand 

03/07/17....POE

04/22/17....Wedding

AOS

08/16/17....Biometrics

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

hi snowcat.. did you receive ur visa already?? I had my interview last January 25, and they asked me for my NBI with AKA.. I sent it already yesterday via 2go.. How long did you wait before you received your visa? Thank you

Timeline
3 hours ago, karenjene said:

hi snowcat.. did you receive ur visa already?? I had my interview last January 25, and they asked me for my NBI with AKA.. I sent it already yesterday via 2go.. How long did you wait before you received your visa? Thank you

Hi karenjene! Yes, I got my visa last week! :D It took almost 3 weeks after my visa interview to get my visa. Here's a quick timeline of my 221g experience: 

January 6, 2017 - Interview, 221g issued for NSO birth certificate

January 10, 2017 - My birth certificate arrived, sent it right away via official courier service of US Embassy Manila

January 12, 2017 - USEM received my birth certificate

January 24, 2017 - Visa ISSUED (accdg to CEAC)!

January 26, 2017 - Received text from courier saying passport is ready for pick-up. Picked-up on same day!

Timeline

Ours was very fast

01/26/16....Interview

01/27/16....CFO

02/01/16....Visa Issued
02/02/16....Visa in Hand :D

K1 VISA
07/05/15....First Chat

02/02/17....Visa in Hand 

03/07/17....POE

04/22/17....Wedding

AOS

08/16/17....Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.