M@K

Original documents for interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Attach to my interview letter under the section that says: important  interview reminders. It states that  If  a  financial  sponsor  submitted  an  I-864  Affidavit  of  Support  form,  you  must  give  the  consular  officer an  original  version  that  is signed  in  ink (NOT  photocopied).  I've asked my lawyer for copies for both petitioner and co-sponsor and she refused, saying  I will not need them as she has already submitted them. I'm  confused !

The letter also state that all originals must be submitted at interview for copies sent to NVC.

While my co- sponsor will be willing to send is transcript, he's  not willing  to send original W2's. Can I have him get certified copies.  Meaning, he would photocopy the original and have a notary public verified the photocopy that they are a true reflection of the original. 

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

I went with another copy of the I 864 and W2 forms. You should get them to re sign those forms even though the originals were sent to NVC. My wife was the only sponsor. I went with them just in case the Officer at the Embassy asked for them and also since it was stated in the letter. I am just sharing my experience but I do not know if the lawyer would be more accurate. You can just ask your sponsors to re print and sign the new forms. Hope this advice helps

Timeline

If you are taking transcripts you don't also need W2 so transcripts are fine. The original I-864 at embassy is a new thing. I'm not sure if certified copies are allowed. Call them and ask.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Interview letter states that I should Take original I-864 but she insisted that I do not need them as She has already sent the original to NVC so she sent me copies in a PDF file to my email. I'm just hoping  that the originals did not went missing throughout  nvc process and when I go for my interview  they will not request them as this I know will cause more delays.

• 1 month later...
On 06/01/2017 at 11:29 AM, M@K said:

Interview letter states that I should Take original I-864 but she insisted that I do not need them as She has already sent the original to NVC so she sent me copies in a PDF file to my email. I'm just hoping  that the originals did not went missing throughout  nvc process and when I go for my interview  they will not request them as this I know will cause more delays.

Hi, did you have your IV ? What happened with the documents ? Thanks

Timeline
On 2/25/2017 at 10:07 PM, kiranharmony said:

Hi, did you have your IV ? What happened with the documents ? Thanks

I did interview n the only original documents asked for was birth certificate.  I'm now in administrative processing awaiting approval.

On 27/02/2017 at 9:14 AM, M@K said:

I did interview n the only original documents asked for was birth certificate.  I'm now in administrative processing awaiting approval.

I am happy to hear that. I hope our experiences will help other Caribbean applicants IVing at their respective embassies/ consulates. All the best 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.