Kay&Epi

Is there anything else I can do?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is there anything else I can do?

Our case was created 3 months ago  by the NVC and I'm having a hard time getting in contact with the Ghana embassy. Still no call in letter and I've also contacted my senators office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Has your fiancé gone to the embassy in person to inquire about why you haven't gotten a call letter? It's not a guarantee, but maybe they can let you know if they've sent it yet. 

If I remember right when we did the K1, it took about 2 months after the NVC for the embassy to send a letter and an additional month for it arrive in the states at my house. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unfortunately it's like they hold on a bit for the K1 after it gets to Ghana.. all you can do is wait and pray you hear from them. Remember it's a queue. Check people with similar case like yours and use it to estimate the time to hear from them.. good luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Caykay1 said:

Unfortunately it's like they hold on a bit for the K1 after it gets to Ghana.. all you can do is wait and pray you hear from them. Remember it's a queue. Check people with similar case like yours and use it to estimate the time to hear from them.. good luck.

There are a few timelines where their cases were approved by USCIS and received by the embassy after ours  and they already have an interview scheduled for this month. I'm very happy for them I'm just really frustrated with the Embassy. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Prettyface35 said:

Did u get a chance to email them.

Yes. I emailed them again this morning. My fiancé is going to go to the embassy on Wednesday with screenshots of all the CEAC status updates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok Ghanaseems to be backlogged. Because they mailed me my letter an I scanned it an sent it to my fiance. We wanted to pay the fee up front when he went to pick up the packets but the stated that he couldn't. But I just saw a post last week that stated they could pay the visa fee first an then make their own appointment.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Prettyface35 said:

Ok Ghanaseems to be backlogged. Because they mailed me my letter an I scanned it an sent it to my fiance. We wanted to pay the fee up front when he went to pick up the packets but the stated that he couldn't. But I just saw a post last week that stated they could pay the visa fee first an then make their own appointment.

Yea I saw that post too. We've already paid the fee at the bank and filled out DS 160. We tried to schedule online but there are no dates available currently. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kay&Epi said:

Yea I saw that post too. We've already paid the fee at the bank and filled out DS 160. We tried to schedule online but there are no dates available currently. 

I am curious, and I apoligize since I am not familiar with the new K1 interview scheduling process. If you have already paid the fee, filled out the DS-160 and have been able to look for available interview dates, why are you worried about the call-in letter? I'd bet once you schedule the interview, you'll get a confirmation that can be taken to the clinics for the medical exam and you can find everything your fiance will need to take to the interview online. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I am curious, and I apoligize since I am not familiar with the new K1 interview scheduling process. If you have already paid the fee, filled out the DS-160 and have been able to look for available interview dates, why are you worried about the call-in letter? I'd bet once you schedule the interview, you'll get a confirmation that can be taken to the clinics for the medical exam and you can find everything your fiance will need to take to the interview online. 

I'm just unsure about the processes because there are inconsistencies. 

Some people recieved call in letters others recieved instructions. Some recieved letters in Ghana and others recieved their letters in the states. Some petitions that were approved in August and September recieved interview dates in February and March but some petitions that were approved in October and November already have interviews scheduled for January. 

There's no interview dates available now so I'm just wondering if call in letters are still coming or will the embassy make more dates available so we can schedule ourselves. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kay&Epi said:

There's no interview dates available now so I'm just wondering if call in letters are still coming or will the embassy make more dates available so we can schedule ourselves. 

More interview dates will become available. The last week and first week of each month, the NVC are scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews. They give those visa priority because they are immediate family and then schedule K1s. Remember they only have some many spots each day and a lot of visas...not just K1s and Spouse visas...going through the embassy. 

I know it is hard being separated from you man. I've been doing it for several years now. Have your fiance go to the embassy anytime next week and inquire about it. Then focus on your evidence and preparing him for the interview. This is an incredibly difficult embassy, where few K1s get approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 01/06/2017 at 11:47 PM, Kay&Epi said:

Yes. I emailed them again this morning. My fiancé is going to go to the embassy on Wednesday with screenshots of all the CEAC status updates. 

I'm in the same situation, highly frustrated. We got approved in September and still no call in letter, pls if you fiance goes with CEAC screen shots and it works then you let us know.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 1/6/2017 at 5:47 PM, Kay&Epi said:

Hello were you sucessfull in going to the embasssy with the CEAC status update to get your interview scheduled? Can you give me more information on that please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.