bookworm123

Maybe time to ask my Senator or Congressman for help?

16 posts in this topic

I filed the 29th of April (CSC), NOA date 5/2/2016. At this point, I'd be happier getting an RFE than nothing at all. I came here on a DCF, I wonder if that's the reason why mine takes so long. I submitted a case inquiry back in November and got a generic response. Do you guys think a congressional inquiry will make it any faster?  Or maybe I just need to be more patient. Thank you.

Edited by bookworm123

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

They are very slow and process is random. Some gets approved quicker than the other. I don't know what's the mechanism behind it. From what I have read on here, there are still people who have filed the same time as you who are still waiting for further action from USCIS (Vermont and California). I have tried to do both-requested help from a senator and also Ombudsman request, both resulted in generic replies from USCIS that they are still working on the case. 

I just don't think conditional removal is a priority for USCIS as the immigrant is still a valid alien who is able to still work and travel during the review process. 

7 hours ago, ctracker said:

They are very slow and process is random. Some gets approved quicker than the other. I don't know what's the mechanism behind it. From what I have read on here, there are still people who have filed the same time as you who are still waiting for further action from USCIS (Vermont and California). I have tried to do both-requested help from a senator and also Ombudsman request, both resulted in generic replies from USCIS that they are still working on the case. 

I just don't think conditional removal is a priority for USCIS as the immigrant is still a valid alien who is able to still work and travel during the review process. 

14 hours ago, observatorka said:

Be patient ...

Thank you guys. To wait is the only thing I can do for now anyway. And preparing for Naturalization of course. :)

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Tell me about waiting. I am so fed up with it,I have been waiting for 17 months. I have also contacted Senator of my state and nothing happened. My ROC application is sitting on a shelf and collecting dust haha that is what I think is happening.

Because if they looked at it and needed additional info I would have received something by now. It also makes me super mad when I see that people who filled after me many of them already received approval. Like why are they choosing randomly and not by date. I dont get who manages this whole process,while on their site they keep updating the dates as if like working on application received in a certain month. Mine is way past their processing time. When I call it is always the same exact answer,they literally read to me over the phone what my online case status says. I even spoke with the higher up manager and he was as useless as any other. 

Some serious change is needed at USCIS. 

I-751 (ROC)
07/30/2015- Sent I-751 package

08/11/2015- Received I-751 notice extending my conditional resident status for one year

09/10/2015- Took Biometrics

03/10/2016- Called USCIS to ask about my case,they said no updates and I am within normal processing time

08/23/2016- Called again to ask,they still said within normal processing time,no updates

10/11/2016- Date my conditional green card expired(the one year extension),called again they said schedule InfoPass

11/6/2016- Went to InfoPass and got I-551 stamp extending my permanent residency for 1 year, was also told my case is now at local office

12/15/2016- Still waiting......................

03/30/2017 Received RFE

1 hour ago, Cybery said:

Tell me about waiting. I am so fed up with it,I have been waiting for 17 months. I have also contacted Senator of my state and nothing happened. My ROC application is sitting on a shelf and collecting dust haha that is what I think is happening.

Because if they looked at it and needed additional info I would have received something by now. It also makes me super mad when I see that people who filled after me many of them already received approval. Like why are they choosing randomly and not by date. I dont get who manages this whole process,while on their site they keep updating the dates as if like working on application received in a certain month. Mine is way past their processing time. When I call it is always the same exact answer,they literally read to me over the phone what my online case status says. I even spoke with the higher up manager and he was as useless as any other. 

Some serious change is needed at USCIS. 

Oh wow, I'm sorry about that. I wish yours get some movement soon. Did you send documents for your naturalization yet? Because I think that's what I will do instead. I still check my status every single working day but I guess whoever my caseworker is is on leave. LOL That's what I tell myself. I am not planning on going out of the country anytime soon but my fingers are crossed that nothing will happen to my family back home while I am waiting for this green card. I don't want to hear any bad news back home mid April when my extension expires 5/2 and it takes two weeks to get an infopass appointment. Waiting sucks. I did DCF so I am a little spoiled and this is the first time any process ever take this long.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Hi Bookworm.

We are in a similar situation. My receipt date is 5th May and I've heard nothing so far. I did a service request a week ago and they said that I would get an answer by Jan 23rd. That's just an answer to the service request, not an actual decision. I'm starting to think that maybe we have been scheduled for an interview because I know the interview dates are far and few between and they only release them every 2 or 3 months. Maybe they are waiting the schedule it. I think our evidence was strong so I was not expecting an interview but I have read that they randomly interview applicants with sufficient evidence too. I'm not sure whether RFEs take longer than approvals or not? Maybe someone can shed some light on that?

I have to go home to the UK at the beginning of Feb for personal reasons, but I am not concerned about that as my extension letter is still valid.

Hopefully we will both hear something soon.

Terry

Timeline

Shall we compare our cases to see why it is taking so long for us to get decisions?

1. How many interviews did you have to attend initially to obtain your conditional green card?

2. Did you receive any request for additional evidence (RFE) during the removal of conditional green card process? 

3. Which country are you from? 

My answers

1. Once

2. Negative

3. Thailand

Timeline
57 minutes ago, TYorke1 said:

Hi Bookworm.

We are in a similar situation. My receipt date is 5th May and I've heard nothing so far. I did a service request a week ago and they said that I would get an answer by Jan 23rd. That's just an answer to the service request, not an actual decision. I'm starting to think that maybe we have been scheduled for an interview because I know the interview dates are far and few between and they only release them every 2 or 3 months. Maybe they are waiting the schedule it. I think our evidence was strong so I was not expecting an interview but I have read that they randomly interview applicants with sufficient evidence too. I'm not sure whether RFEs take longer than approvals or not? Maybe someone can shed some light on that?

I have to go home to the UK at the beginning of Feb for personal reasons, but I am not concerned about that as my extension letter is still valid.

Hopefully we will both hear something soon.

Terry

I am also starting to think that cases which are taking longer than usual are waiting to be set up for an interview but this is just my speculation. Can anyone comment? 

20 minutes ago, ctracker said:

Shall we compare our cases to see why it is taking so long for us to get decisions?

1. How many interviews did you have to attend initially to obtain your conditional green card?

2. Did you receive any request for additional evidence (RFE) during the removal of conditional green card process? 

My answers

1. Once

2. Negative

3. Thailand

My answers

1.Once

2.No

3.Bosnia & Herzegovina

I-751 (ROC)

08/11/2015- Received I-751 notice extending my conditional resident status for one year

03/10/2016- Called USCIS to ask about my case,they said no updates and I am within normal processing time

08/23/2016- Called again to ask,they still said within normal processing time,no updates

10/11/2016- Date my conditional green card expired(the one year extension),called again they said schedule InfoPass

11/6/2016- Went to InfoPass and got I-551 stamp extending my permanent residency for 1 year, was also told my case is now at local office

03/30/2017 Received RFE

19 minutes ago, ctracker said:

I am also starting to think that cases which are taking longer than usual are waiting to be set up for an interview but this is just my speculation. Can anyone comment? 

Well I heard of three scenarios

1.They do not take these cases as a priority 

2.Yes potentially interview 

3.They have major backlog

For how long have you been waiting?

One time when i called the uscis guy told me that these cases can take up to two years.

I-751 (ROC)

03/30/2017 Received RFE

1 hour ago, bookworm123 said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry about that. I wish yours get some movement soon. Did you send documents for your naturalization yet? Because I think that's what I will do instead. I still check my status every single working day but I guess whoever my caseworker is is on leave. LOL That's what I tell myself. I am not planning on going out of the country anytime soon but my fingers are crossed that nothing will happen to my family back home while I am waiting for this green card. I don't want to hear any bad news back home mid April when my extension expires 5/2 and it takes two weeks to get an infopass appointment. Waiting sucks. I did DCF so I am a little spoiled and this is the first time any process ever take this long.

I am working on documents for citizenship and plan to send soon.Try to schedule InfoPass within 30 days of your extension expiration date to get stamp then you can travel.

Yes waiting sucks.

I-751 (ROC)

03/30/2017 Received RFE

It looks like CSC is currently processing May 14, 2016. I would give them another months before contacting them.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

19 hours ago, Cybery said:

I am working on documents for citizenship and plan to send soon.Try to schedule InfoPass within 30 days of your extension expiration date to get stamp then you can travel.

Yes waiting sucks.

Will definitely get that stamp before going anywhere. If it is for interview we are waiting on then we will probably bring a Uhaul with us with all additional evidence since we filed. Lol

20 hours ago, ctracker said:

My answers

1. Once

2. Negative

3. Thailand

1. Once (DCF)

2. No RFE

3. Philippines

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.