Nature Boy Flair

BREAKING: Ted Cruz Just Introduced A Bold CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT…

35 posts in this topic

This is going to be interesting. I think both sides of the road would agree it would be a good thing. I think both sides of the ditch are going to fight it, even if the do it covertly 

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) today proposed an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to impose term limits on members of Congress. The amendment would limit U.S. senators to two six-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three two-year terms.

“D.C. is broken,” said Sen. Cruz. “The American people resoundingly agreed on Election Day, and President-elect Donald Trump has committed to putting government back to work for the American people. It is well past time to put an end to the cronyism and deceit that has transformed Washington into a graveyard of good intentions.”

Cruz continued: “The time is now for Congress, with the overwhelming support of the American people, to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification. With control of a decisive majority of the states, the House of Representatives, and the Senate, we have a responsibility to answer the voters’ call-to-action. We must deliver.”

“Term limits are the first step towards reforming Capitol Hill,” said Rep. DeSantis. “Eliminating the political elite and infusing Washington with new blood will restore the citizen legislature that our Founding Fathers envisioned. The American people have called for increased accountability and we must deliver. Senator Cruz has been instrumental in efforts to hold Congress accountable, and I look forward to working with him to implement term limits.”

http://www.youngcons.com/breaking-ted-cruz-just-introduced-a-bold-constitutional-amendment/

I think this is a good idea but I think it is interesting that Cruz stabbed Trump in the back so many times but now he is changing his tune for political expediency. I used to like Ted Cruz until before the election. Now I realize he can't be trusted. We'll see what happens. 

11 minutes ago, millefleur said:

Not a fan of Ted Cruz, but term limits for Senators would certainly a welcome change. :thumbs: I honestly can't see how it would be bad. Anyone care to disagree?

It seems like a good idea on the surface doesn't it and I agree with it in principle? But... there can be potential problems that may crop up. To avoid those, you'd have to do some major tweaking, or rethink the idea. By that time, if they should crop up, everyone will be wringing their hands wondering how we got to this in the first place. There's been a lot written on the subject, both for and against. I suspect, Ted hasn't thought it through (like most of what he does), and I also suspect such a measure will go nowhere (parties like to protect the status quo).

7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I think this is a good idea but I think it is interesting that Cruz stabbed Trump in the back so many times but now he is changing his tune for political expediency. I used to like Ted Cruz until before the election. Now I realize he can't be trusted. We'll see what happens. 

Never trust a man that eats his own boogers, terrorizes women in dorms wearing paisley bathrobes, frightens his own wife and kids, may have had many on the side, and of course... is probably a closet serial killer.

6 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

It seems like a good idea on the surface doesn't it and I agree with it in principle? But... there can be potential problems that may crop up. To avoid those, you'd have to do some major tweaking, or rethink the idea. By that time, if they should crop up, everyone will be wringing their hands wondering how we got to this in the first place. There's been a lot written on the subject, both for and against. I suspect, Ted hasn't thought it through (like most of what he does), and I also suspect such a measure will go nowhere (parties like to protect the status quo).

Never trust a man that eats his own boogers, terrorizes women in dorms wearing paisley bathrobes, frightens his own wife and kids, may have had many on the side, and of course... is probably a closet serial killer.

and in other News a man walked into a coffee shop 

4 hours ago, jg121783 said:

He is now known as " Complyin' Ted".  Which is fine. He made a mistake at the convention, but he gave in fairly quickly and has been more or less helping Trump.

I really hope the term limit bill gets signed into law. I am not very optimistic though. I was watching some of the footage of the senators arriving today and I suspect most bask in the limelight to much to ever think about voting for a bill that will limit their basking in the limelight. Some of them are so brain dead the even had a banner saying "Make America Sick Again"  

4 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I agree, I would be for it no matter who introduced it.

Cruz is back peddling trying to save his political career as are several in Washington  

I dont see him as back pedaling, Politics is the "art of the possible" when the landscape changes you must adjust to the new reality to be effective. 

Both Obama and Hillary denounced Gay marriage in 2008, 48 months latter they were all on board. 

Cruz has not sold out on any principles but I will say this, he has the most boring Twitter feed. Posts the most predictable boiler plate stuff.

32 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

Perhaps if constituency boundaries had not been gerrymandered to hell, then term limits wouldn't be necessary? 

You must decide, do you want minorities to be represented in Govt?

If your answer is yes, then  you must gerrymander to get that effect.

Once you open that door, it is not a question of "If" we GM but how. 

https://pix-media.priceonomics-media.com/blog/1115/image08.png

3 hours ago, Danno99 said:

You must decide, do you want minorities to be represented in Govt?

If your answer is yes, then  you must gerrymander to get that effect.

Once you open that door, it is not a question of "If" we GM but how. 

https://pix-media.priceonomics-media.com/blog/1115/image08.png

GM. Districts h ax very hurt minority represention