Jump to content
Vanity niki

Student Visa for Minor Child of Permanent Resident

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I an a permanent resident, I have recently petitioned my minor child (10yrs old). This process will take anywhere from 12-18mths. Am I allowed to apply for a student visa for her to attend a private school here in the U.S. while we await her green card? Once she is approved she will of course return to home country for consular processing..


Edited by Vanity niki

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You can certainly apply.

Boiler ...maybe I was incorrect in saying if I am allowed. I do realize that I can apply, what I would like to know is there a high probability of being approved for the student visa, is this frowned upon?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

as part of the student visa she has to show ties to her home country and reason for her to return. already having a i130 for her shows intent to move to the us so it will be difficult but not impossible.


good luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.