Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,


Does anyone know how the process of bringing someone to the US thru CRBA work?


I filed a K-1 visa for my fiancee which is being processed (just have received NOA1); and my fiancee is giving birth in less than 2 months. Some people told me about applying CRBA for the baby and bring her here as a US citizen instead of K-2 visa but some other said that I have to be a US citizen for a certain period of time to be able to use the CRBA benefits.


I obtained my US citizenship through the US Army and have been living in the US for less than 3 years. What am I gonna do? Will CRBA work in my case or K-2 (for thre baby to be born)?


Also , what is the process to invite my fiancee and the baby to the US before the K-1 process is completed? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.