AmelieAino

No Lease/Utilities/Mortgage/Bills evidence - help!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is normal for people to live with their parents/in law. 

I included my parent's and our driver license showing the same address. just a few lines stating how we live together and my dad owns the house and all the bills are on his name. 

The only utility bill we sent in was the cell phone bill,  statement of each month for 2 years. we were approved with no RFE.

good luck.  

The mortgage is in my USC wife's name and we own both cars outright. Having very few joint financial instruments apart from the bank accounts and a few utility bills (as not all will allow the addition of a second name) we're expecting the trusts/POA/will etc to count . It's very specific and certainly legally binding. I'd recommend having them anyway (pretty much a requirement here in CA) as they seem to be strong evidence of co-mingling when you list each other as beneficiaries.

They are however things to be done properly and not in haste...

Richard

event.png

event.png

54 minutes ago, rjm_cmyk said:

The mortgage is in my USC wife's name and we own both cars outright. Having very few joint financial instruments apart from the bank accounts and a few utility bills (as not all will allow the addition of a second name) we're expecting the trusts/POA/will etc to count . It's very specific and certainly legally binding. I'd recommend having them anyway (pretty much a requirement here in CA) as they seem to be strong evidence of co-mingling when you list each other as beneficiaries.

They are however things to be done properly and not in haste...

Yes, that's why I'm considering only doing a POA for the package. I would want to put a bit more time into a will and such. Maybe I could work on those later to have ready in case of a RFE.

Thanks again to everyone sharing their experiences; it's good to know we're not alone.

Spoiler

K-1 Fiance Visa:
I-129F Sent:     2013-09-30
I-129F NOA1:     2013-10-03
I-129F NOA2:     2013-11-01
Interview Date:     2014-01-15
US Entry:     2014-02-06
Marriage:     2014-03-22

Adjustment Of Status:
Date Filed:     2014-04-19
NOA Date:     2014-04-24
Bio. Appt.:     2014-05-27
Interview waived!!

Approval Date:     2015-04-06
Greencard Received:     2015-04-15

Removing Conditions:
Date Filed:     2017-01-23
NOA Date:     2017-01-27

Bio. Appt.:     2017-02-13

"Case received at local office":    2018-02-26 and 2018-03-05 --- Not a case transfer. Still waiting!

Approved:     2018-06-22

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.