Backtocali

DFC @ FRANKFURT proof of residence

25 posts in this topic

On 17.01.2017 at 3:28 PM, Backtocali said:

Just to let you all know, I have sent out my application today Jan 17th! :)

I will keep you posted if they accepted it or not for DFC at Frankfurt.

Don't worry if they list that Anmeldebestätigung will be enough, then it will be enough. I am sure they will do a check up anyway.

16 hours ago, Lenchick said:

Don't worry if they list that Anmeldebestätigung will be enough, then it will be enough. I am sure they will do a check up anyway.

Hi Lenchick

I see on your timeline that you waited between approval of I-130 until IV Package (more than a year?)....was this no problem at all? I am thinking we will need about 6 months after approval of I-130 until we are ready for the actual interview and visa issuance.... I hope is ok with the embassy to wait a few months... what was your experience? :)

Petition for Spouse

I-130 Filed DCF Frankfurt  - 17JAN17

Fee Charged/Priority date - 20JAN17

Official Receipt - 24JAN17

I-130 APPROVED - 10MAR17 (45days)

30 minutes ago, Backtocali said:

Hi Lenchick

I see on your timeline that you waited between approval of I-130 until IV Package (more than a year?)....was this no problem at all? I am thinking we will need about 6 months after approval of I-130 until we are ready for the actual interview and visa issuance.... I hope is ok with the embassy to wait a few months... what was your experience? :)

There was no problem  embassy wise, It was my omission. Since we didn't plan to travel to the states in the year 2014, I thought that i-130 could wait forever lol. The thing is we had to start i-130 in order to be able to reside together but we didn't get a chance to travel to the states. The embassy also sent a letter after the petition's approval, I think they call it packet 3, that I need to communicate with the office within 6 months of my departure, and since we didn't plan to depart, my husband got a new contract, I mistakenly thought it could wait until we get close to those 6 months. We also moved to another city and the embassy sent me another letter that they might close the case if I don't respond to it within one year and it was actually 2015. Good the letter found us! So I instantly sent them explanations to their e-mail address and also in writing with the dates of my expected departure on the paper they attached to the letter. They replied the next day to my e-mail address that my case would be open for another year. At the end of 2015 I got back to  my case as we planned to leave in 2016. The immigration visa unit in Frankfurt is very helpful, they always answered me instantly but this is when your i-130 will get  transferred after approval there.

3 hours ago, Lenchick said:

There was no problem  embassy wise, It was my omission. Since we didn't plan to travel to the states in the year 2014, I thought that i-130 could wait forever lol. The thing is we had to start i-130 in order to be able to reside together but we didn't get a chance to travel to the states. The embassy also sent a letter after the petition's approval, I think they call it packet 3, that I need to communicate with the office within 6 months of my departure, and since we didn't plan to depart, my husband got a new contract, I mistakenly thought it could wait until we get close to those 6 months. We also moved to another city and the embassy sent me another letter that they might close the case if I don't respond to it within one year and it was actually 2015. Good the letter found us! So I instantly sent them explanations to their e-mail address and also in writing with the dates of my expected departure on the paper they attached to the letter. They replied the next day to my e-mail address that my case would be open for another year. At the end of 2015 I got back to  my case as we planned to leave in 2016. The immigration visa unit in Frankfurt is very helpful, they always answered me instantly but this is when your i-130 will get  transferred after approval there.

Very interesting, I will for sure let them know we need 6 extra months, between the approval (if approved) and the visa application. Thanks for your detailed info :)

Petition for Spouse

23 minutes ago, Backtocali said:

Very interesting, I will for sure let them know we need 6 extra months, between the approval (if approved) and the visa application. Thanks for your detailed info :)

I think that any case should be completed within one year. So to wait for 6 months is not a problem. More over, you will have them anyway while following the next step. Also, the visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of your medicals and you can travel to the states as late as your visa is valid. I suggest you not to schedule your medicals too much apart from the interview or your visa for this reason will be shortened. After your petition get approved, you can take some time to collect the documents. They will require almost all the same documents but this time originals and the affidavit of support. Also, you will need to fill out DS application online. After you complete and submit it, it will say at the end that you will have to wait 30 days for your application to be reviewed. Only then you can send your documents to the embassy. I actually submitted online form in OCT and sent my doc in DEC. I also scheduled my interview as further as possible. You will have around two months ahead of available dates. They will send you an e-mail offering to log in and schedule your interview. You won't have to tell the embassy you need 6 months as long as you get it done within a year.

Edited by Lenchick

so here it is detailed how it said in the letter (packet 3): "If you are planning on immigrating to the US within the next six months. please visit our website.....''   ........''if you do not intend to immigrate to the US within the next six months, due to the limited validity of an immigrant visa, we suggest that you communicate with this office again six months prior to your intended date of departure, in order to continue with the visa process'' 

When you receive that letter, you will have to write down your intended dates of travel and sign it and send it back to them.

Edited by Lenchick

16 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

so here it is detailed how it said in the letter (packet 3): "If you are planning on immigrating to the US within the next six months. please visit our website.....''   ........''if you do not intend to immigrate to the US within the next six months, due to the limited validity of an immigrant visa, we suggest that you communicate with this office again six months prior to your intended date of departure, in order to continue with the visa process'' 

When you receive that letter, you will have to write down your intended dates of travel and sign it and send it back to them.

Great, Thanks for sharing the script.

I actually just checked our Credit Card account and they did deduct the $535 USD on my Credit Card :jest: Meaning that they did accept my application for DCF, so it was accepted with the documents I sent out.

Once we get the approval of I-130 and receive the IV Packet,  we will start to collect the documents needed and will apply online until August or so, so we can fly into US early next year :)

Thank you! I will continue to update my Timeline once I receive an approval

Petition for Spouse

2 minutes ago, Backtocali said:

I actually just checked our Credit Card account and they did deduct the $535 USD on my Credit Card :jest: Meaning that they did accept my application for DCF, so it was accepted with the documents I sent out.

Once we get the approval of I-130 and receive the IV Packet,  we will start to collect the documents needed and will apply online until August or so, so we can fly into US early next year :)

Good luck with your visa process!

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, Backtocali said:

Do they only deduct the $535 if they approve the package, or how did you come to that conclusion? 

16 hours ago, MRSW1709 said:

Do they only deduct the $535 if they approve the package, or how did you come to that conclusion? 

I read before that if they do not accept your package, they will simply return the whole thing, therefore not charging the fee So, they have a 1st assessment for DFC acceptance, does this person qualify to file? If yes then they take the case in and charge the fee, If not, they simply return the package and ask you to file via Lockbox.

It is different if they accept the fee and later deny your application (due to other reasons pertaining to the case, but not to the acceptance requirements to file directly)

This was at least my experience, they charged the fee, meaning the accepted the case to DCF, not meaning the will approve.

my 2 cents

Petition for Spouse

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.