MariaCai

Can I apply for another k1 visa?? (merged)

8 posts in this topic

Good morning!!

I have a curiosity, maybe you guys can clarify ... I ended the relationship with my ex-fiancé and I requested the cancellation of my visa K1 after approval ... Then he sent a letter by email to the embassy of Santo Domingo requesting the cancellation of the case. I did not schedule an interview and now we receive a letter saying the vality time has expired and they will not revalidated, and all USCIS action cloncluded cause we send letters. My case is filed with the date of the letter !! I want to know if in the future I can apply again with another petitioner for a same K1 visa and what approximate time should I have to wait to reapply???

Thanks ♥

Edited by Penguin_ie

K1 PROCESSING TIME

22 March 16: I-129F sent to USCIS California
30 March 16: USCIS Notice Date
06 April 16: NOA1 E-mail

30 April 16: Status Change: Document Was Mailed

08 May 16: Change of Address Online
17 May 16: NOA1 Hard Copy Received.

23 June 16: Approved NOA 2

27 June 16: NOA2 hardcopy received in the mail

Good morning!!

I have a curiosity, maybe you guys can clarify ... I ended the relationship with my ex-fiancé and I requested the cancellation of my visa K1 after approval ... Then he sent a letter by email to the embassy requesting the cancellation of the case. I did not schedule an interview and now we receive a letter saying the vality time has expired and they will not revalidated, and all USCIS action cloncluded cause we send letters. My case is filed with the date of the letter !! I want to know if in the future I can apply again with another petitioner for a same K1 visa and what approximate time should I have to wait to reapply???

Thanks ♥

K1 PROCESSING TIME

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

yes you can apply again in the future with the same person or a different person. If it's within 2 years of the first petition all you would need to do is include a waiver request with your original submission packet. Explain why you want and need a waiver and also a brief explanation.

I had to do this because I filed 2 petitions within the 2 year mark, but mine was for the same person. Our first petition was denied and I submitted an entirely new packet and was approved but I did get an RFE for not having the waiver in the original submission. Once I sent it in, the file moved on.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

7 minutes ago, pepper44 said:

yes you can apply again in the future with the same person or a different person. If it's within 2 years of the first petition all you would need to do is include a waiver request with your original submission packet. Explain why you want and need a waiver and also a brief explanation.

I had to do this because I filed 2 petitions within the 2 year mark, but mine was for the same person. Our first petition was denied and I submitted an entirely new packet and was approved but I did get an RFE for not having the waiver in the original submission. Once I sent it in, the file moved on.

I had heard about the waiver, but I am worried that if later I want to do another one and not be approved for having a previous one.

K1 PROCESSING TIME

2 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Duplicate thread.  Please see your prior thread on this.

Yes, I put it on both sides because not everyone sees the Caribbean forum ... 

K1 PROCESSING TIME

2 minutes ago, soulstriker said:

the fact your already asking about this is a bit off? how would u know u were going to get proposed to again by an american?

The first thing I put was that I was curious ... 

K1 PROCESSING TIME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.