Jump to content

Cr-1 visa and Arizona marriage name change

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hopefully someone can help as I've searched everywhere on the web and still am not sure what I should do.  I married my wife a week ago in Arizona. I am a US citizen and she is a Mexican national with a BCC. 


Our marriage certificate has her old name on it and I am being told that is correct.  I am supposed to go to the SSA office for her name change but I'm not sure I can get a Social security card for her yet or can I?  So my question is do I fill out the I-130 with her old name, or do I fill it out with her new name and attach a copy of the marriage certificate (which only shows her new name), or do I attempt the name change at the SSA first, and then fill out the I-130 with her new name and everything attached.  I just don't know how I should attack all this and obviously I don't want to mess it up. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.