Jump to content

Document translation for USCIS change of status

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am working on our change of status docs for K1 visa. I need to have my fiancé vaccination record translated into English because we didn't get it done while he was still in Ukraine.

does anyone know if the translation needs to be done by a professional or can it just be done by a friend who speaks both languages?

also, could I use a translator (professional) in Ukraine and just have them email me the translated document and a copy of their credentials?or would it need to be a fresh ink signature? 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or does it not matter as long as the immigration doctor who fills out the form accepts the translation? I'm not sure if we need to send in the copy of his vaccination records with our application or if we just take it to the doc to have them fill out the immigration form ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.