HopefullyHers

Montreal K1 visa- Anyone else in administration processing

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

It was issued today and it says it should arrive in 5 business days. Thank god!!!!!

Finally ! Yay !! I'm so happy for you ! Only 5 days and it's all over ! :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
3 hours ago, HopefullyHers said:

I hope you guys get through with your stuff too. I'm sure it'll go through. 

Our case been updated again today but we received also an email for a second interview (next week, on February 15th).  They don't ask to bring any papers, only to bring the re-interview letter.

We think that we had a very solid proof of relationship with trips ( 23 trips in 1,5year), lot of pictures,skype and whatsapp conversation.

I had a withdraw of application for entrance at the US border in December 2015. The Consulate officer asked me questions  about it at the interview but didn't told me that I need a waiver.

So, we don't really understand what the second interview.

Someone been in a similar situation ? or  have  clue ??

I search online about the second interview and I cannot find really good information. :(

Timeline
8 minutes ago, baby74 said:

Our case been updated again today but we received also an email for a second interview (next week, on February 15th).  They don't ask to bring any papers, only to bring the re-interview letter.

We think that we had a very solid proof of relationship with trips ( 23 trips in 1,5year), lot of pictures,skype and whatsapp conversation.

I had a withdraw of application for entrance at the US border in December 2015. The Consulate officer asked me questions  about it at the interview but didn't told me that I need a waiver.

So, we don't really understand what the second interview.

Someone been in a similar situation ? or  have  clue ??

I search online about the second interview and I cannot find really good information. :(

Hey baby74, a friend of mine  went for a second interview in Nov 2016. He told me it wasn't really an interview. They asked if anything had changed like address and stuff like that. He was told his visa was ready. He told them he would be travelling in 3 days. Then they gave him his passport with the visa right there.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MA&AA said:

Hey baby74, a friend of mine  went for a second interview in Nov 2016. He told me it wasn't really an interview. They asked if anything had changed like address and stuff like that. He was told his visa was ready. He told them he would be travelling in 3 days. Then they gave him his passport with the visa right there.

Thanks a lot. Hope it'll be the same situation for us. We just want to get done with the process and begin our life together.

Timeline
3 hours ago, baby74 said:

Thanks a lot. Hope it'll be the same situation for us. We just want to get done with the process and begin our life together.

I had a message from the consulate to confirm my re-oath interview on the Feb 15th. So, maybe they do that because we provided to them proof of relationship that wasn't official documents (like birth certificate or police certificate). So, they asked now to re-oath the documents sent.

We'll know the response pretty soon .

Timeline
15 hours ago, baby74 said:

It will be straight forward. Second interviews are usually called re-oath. I am glad it is almost over for you guys.

I remember you saying Valentines day would be your 60th day since you sent documents. It seems they are following the 60-day review closely. Based on this mine I could get a response by mid March. They received my documents exactly a month after yours.

Edited by MA&AA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MA&AA said:

It will be straight forward. Second interviews are usually called re-oath. I am glad it is almost over for you guys.

I remember you saying Valentines day would be your 60th day since you sent documents. It seems they are following the 60-day review closely. Based on this mine I could get a response by mid March. They received my documents exactly a month after yours.

I agree. They seem to be doing ok with the 60 day deadline. We had to wait s week later but I'm just glad that it went through. On the bright side, they are responding to you guys and keeping up with the documents. I'm sure it'll be ok. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MA&AA said:

Yes, you are right. This is a re-oath interview. What usually happen in that interview? Is it like the first interview? Easier or they asked for tricky questions?

Timeline
On 2/10/2017 at 11:35 AM, baby74 said:

Yes, you are right. This is a re-oath interview. What usually happen in that interview? Is it like the first interview? Easier or they asked for tricky questions?

As I said earlier my friend who did re-oath in November said it was easier than first interview.

Please let's know how yours goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.