• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2017 at 9:53 AM, baby74 said:

CR1 here

Interview date, Montreal: December 12th 2016, been approved at the interview but 3 hours later got an email of AP for proof of relationship.

December 19th 2016: They received our documents.

Update done on Dec 20th, 21st, 30th..... still waiting .... but with Christmas vacation and they are back to work today (Jan 4th), we hope that delays will not be too long.

Did you hear anything back yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

7 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

Unfortunately, no :(( Nothing yet ! :(((

Hopfullyhers....do you have some news ? Do something is moving for you ?

Edited by baby74

Timeline
On 1/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, baby74 said:

Unfortunately, no :(( Nothing yet ! :(((

Hopfullyhers....do you have some news ? Do something is moving for you ?

No, not yet. I was hoping it was moving for you guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

Hey guys, it's been a while. Any word?

This is so funny because I thought about the same thing to write to you this morning and I forgot.

No news at all for us :(( So disappointing !

What about you...any news ?

Timeline

Not a thing since dec 21st. They stated processing takes 6-8 weeks. This is the seventh week and nothing yet. I was hopeful in the beginning but the disappointments are debilitating. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

Not a thing since dec 21st. They stated processing takes 6-8 weeks. This is the seventh week and nothing yet. I was hopeful in the beginning but the disappointments are debilitating. 

We had updates on Dec 20th-21st and 30th...nothing is moving since that time. I was hoping that at least, things will moves for you guys. I think we have 1 week difference in our AP, so when you will have so news, we should have news too after you.

I don't know if they will still respect the 2 months for AP as they said on the embassy website with the delays of all the holidays in December and January !

Just hoping that it'll not take more time than 2 months ! But we also getting disappointing by the situation.

Timeline

I emailed the embassy to confirm that they received the documents. The reply stated that they did and that processing will take 6-8 weeks. This was on dec 21 I received their reply. I'm gonna hold them to that deadline. If I don't hear anything by next Friday then I'll contact the immigration department of my congressman. I just find it ridiculous that it takes 2 months to verify some documents. Maybe if you don't hear anything by 8 weeks, you can look into contacting your congressman. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, HopefullyHers said:

I emailed the embassy to confirm that they received the documents. The reply stated that they did and that processing will take 6-8 weeks. This was on dec 21 I received their reply. I'm gonna hold them to that deadline. If I don't hear anything by next Friday then I'll contact the immigration department of my congressman. I just find it ridiculous that it takes 2 months to verify some documents. Maybe if you don't hear anything by 8 weeks, you can look into contacting your congressman. 

We'll wait the 60days after they received the extra documents (as they said on their website) before emailing the embassy.  I'm not sure if contacting the congressman will really moves things forward.

What documents they need to verify in our case ??

For us, it was the evidence of relationship and we think that we provided solid documentation to prove it. We had about 60% of those papers during the interview and they never asked for it ! This is so frustrating !

We just need to be very patient and hoping that things will move faster for us.

2016-12-15 12.14.17 (800x600).jpg

Timeline

I have no idea if contacting a congressman would progress anything but it's the next step before contacting a lawyer I suppose. 

There were some things that we had, which they never asked for at the interview. But they didn't have my proof of citizenship, her police certificate from her birth country and they needed more financial/relationship documents. Even though we had all the financial stuff, they never asked for it at the interview.  

We organized our stuff in a similar fashion to yours. Hope that helps them get through it. On the bright side, at least the status doesn't say "refused." 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.