SisterLove

First receipt? I-130 sister

6 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

I am new here and still trying to figure out the website, what to add to my profile, how to edit a Timeline, etc...

I know I will be here for a while... like some 13 years... ?? yikes!!!

Anyway, I am an US Citizen petitioning for my married sister (her husband and daughter) who live in Brazil.

My question is (for now ?)... How long does it take until I receive some notice in the mail, or they deposit the fee check? I keep checking my bank account daily to see if they deposited the check, but still nothing....

Dates:
Dec 21 2016 - Mailed all documents (Certified) to Phoenix, AZ

Dec 26 2016 - USPS tracking shows delivered

I did include Form G-1145 for the eNotification... but no email yet.

TIA

Timeline

Much appreciated! I just wanted to have a rough idea... if it was a few weeks, several weeks or months... just to know.

As soon as I receive any communication, I will update this thread so the info stays here for anyone searching in the future.

Thanks again!

Timeline

For anyone wanting to know....

Dates:
Dec 21 2016 - Mailed all documents (Certified) to Phoenix, AZ

Dec 26 2016 - USPS tracking shows delivered

Jan 09 2017 - Email notification received (Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))

Question - Could anyone please point me to where can I see the Timeline of an FB-4 Visa, as in... what happens next, and what happens after that, etc....  I know it's a long process.. Just wanted to see what happens when. TIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.