Valor

Should I reply to Ombudsman's email?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! 

So our case has been stuck in the AOS process for 11 months now. I submitted a request to Ombudsman in early November and since then haven't heard anything from them until this morning. They finally reached out to us and ask us to sign some consent before they can work on our request. However, I just wrote an email to our Congressmen with the privacy release form last night for the same concern. I know that our Congressman's office is probably working on our case soon and I don't want to bother USCIS too much. But I also know that all the Congressman could do is to send out an inquiry to USCIS. I'm not sure if there's any differences between Ombudsman and Congressman in terms of speeding up our case.  The Ombudsman office only give us one week to sign the form otherwise they will withdraw my request. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Much appreciated! 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From what I understand a congressman is pretty much limited to just inquiring on your behalf to find out what's going on or what the hold up is. An ombudsman has the ability to actually remedy certain situations. This I've gathered from having to deal with both during our waiver issues. 

5 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

From what I understand a congressman is pretty much limited to just inquiring on your behalf to find out what's going on or what the hold up is. An ombudsman has the ability to actually remedy certain situations. This I've gathered from having to deal with both during our waiver issues. 

Thanks for your input. I signed the form and emailed it back to the Ombudsman. Hope something will happen soon!

N400

20 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

Thank you this is truly magical! We sent back the form yesterday afternoon, and our interview is schedule this morning:D

N400

• 5 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/3/2017 at 2:13 PM, tbone1991 said:

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! 

So our case has been stuck in the AOS process for 11 months now. I submitted a request to Ombudsman in early November and since then haven't heard anything from them until this morning. They finally reached out to us and ask us to sign some consent before they can work on our request. However, I just wrote an email to our Congressmen with the privacy release form last night for the same concern. I know that our Congressman's office is probably working on our case soon and I don't want to bother USCIS too much. But I also know that all the Congressman could do is to send out an inquiry to USCIS. I'm not sure if there's any differences between Ombudsman and Congressman in terms of speeding up our case.  The Ombudsman office only give us one week to sign the form otherwise they will withdraw my request. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Much appreciated! 

@tbone1991any update on the ombudsman engagement? Thanks!

Click to expand I-751 ROC Timeline

Spoiler

I-751 ROC application

May 13, 2019: Opening of 90 day window to send application

May 25, 2019: [Day 0] Sent I-751 package to Phoenix via USPS Priority

May 31, 2019: [Day 6] NOA1 received (18 mo extension) & check cashed

June 09, 2019: [Day 15]  Biometrics Waived Letter Received, service center "NBC", text reading "This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics appointment."

Sept 13, 2019:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Apr 7, 2020:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Mar 5, 2021:  Interview scheduled for April 16, 2021.

Apr 16, 2021:  Interview in Portland, OR. Refused entry to USCIS office due to have traveled abroad in the past 10 days. No interview. However, a few hours after refusal, received notice of approval and card produced!  

Apr 20, 2021:  Card mailed! "On April 20, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE"

Click to expand AOS Timeline / I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Spoiler

I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Mar 6, 2018: [Day -2] Sent I-131 package to Dallas Lockbox via USPS Priority

Mar 8, 2018: [Day 0] Package received at Dallas Lockbox

Mar 12, 2018: [Day 4] Credit card charged application fee

Mar 13, 2018: [Day 5] Text received confirming receipt

Mar 23, 2018: [Day 15] ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics appointment on Apr 11

Apr 18, 2018: [Day 41] Missed Apr 11 appt (on vacation), walked in Manhattan office with no appt, completed biometrics no problem

Jun 29, 2018: [Day 112] Received I-327 Travel Document / Reentry Permit (REP)

----------------------------

18 hours ago, dunebuggy said:

@tbone1991any update on the ombudsman engagement? Thanks!

They reached out to me in early Jan and I got the interview notice the second day after they contacted me. It turned out that USCIS scheduled my interview few days before they reached out to me(I found the date on the actual interview notice paper). Good luck!

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.