Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys. I have a serious question.

I am in the U.S. with a K-1 Visa, married and I-485 on process. I have received my EAD and I want to be self-employed.

I have a website and I am approved by Google Adsense. Since it is a 1099-Misc, I want to know if it is ok for me to earn through 1099-Misc (I do not wish to break any rules).

I asked a question on Google forums and they shunned me down saying that I will be deported and so on. I am just frustrated with these online trolls and would like to get a real answer.

My question is: "Is it ok to work with a 1099 while on EAD?. Are there any such restrictions? Will that affect my visa?"

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of any such restrictions. You can work (or not work) in any legal capacity.






With an H1B (or similar) visa, you would be limited to the type of work you were approved to perform. With an EAD? You should be fine with anything.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.