nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/20/2017 at 1:10 PM, REM4ALWAYS said:

That expiring soon is a computer generated response. For a long time,  my status said the same, but on Feb 14th it  was updated to admin processing .  This is the message I have now "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

As far as USPS overnight, I do not know. Rarely will FedEx or UPS get it there the next day. I've used both. It makes it around the same time, but USPS has a cheaper rate.

Hello REM4Always, How long were you being shown that 'Expiring' message?  I believe your case got reaffirmed around the same time as my husband's (December 2016).  My CEAC status update is still showing this 'Expiring' message.  Have you heard anything directly from the Accra embassy?  I've sent them another email, and my lawyer is also doing the same. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, lutz said:

Hello REM4Always, How long were you being shown that 'Expiring' message?  I believe your case got reaffirmed around the same time as my husband's (December 2016).  My CEAC status update is still showing this 'Expiring' message.  Have you heard anything directly from the Accra embassy?  I've sent them another email, and my lawyer is also doing the same. 

lutz good question, that will help us figure out how long we gonna be seeing this?..so what about the letter you fedexed them? have they received it or not yet? I think sending emails to them is useless. I read somewhere that they don't have time for emails any more. I sent more than 15 emails to them but no response, so I let my go there herself to check and they told her that the case is still not there yet.. So I'm confused now

Timeline
38 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

lutz good question, that will help us figure out how long we gonna be seeing this?..so what about the letter you fedexed them? have they received it or not yet? I think sending emails to them is useless. I read somewhere that they don't have time for emails any more. I sent more than 15 emails to them but no response, so I let my go there herself to check and they told her that the case is still not there yet.. So I'm confused now

Hello Nyala, True about the emails, though I did get one response not long ago, and while I had that person online, he or she was communicating with me.  Though, no help at all, just saying the file is not there yet.  How does it take a file two months to reach there, that's what I don't get.  It may be sitting there, but no one has found or touched it, that's all I can think is happening.  I have to check and see if my letter got there, but anyway, I have not heard anything from them yet.

Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 3:39 PM, lutz said:

Hello Nyala, True about the emails, though I did get one response not long ago, and while I had that person online, he or she was communicating with me.  Though, no help at all, just saying the file is not there yet.  How does it take a file two months to reach there, that's what I don't get.  It may be sitting there, but no one has found or touched it, that's all I can think is happening.  I have to check and see if my letter got there, but anyway, I have not heard anything from them yet.

lutz, so no even one reaffirmed case has reach the Embassy in 2017? This doesn't make any sense Or? Is that normal?

Timeline

I can't believe this . No any reaffirmed case has arrive in Accra, US Embassy in 2017?.....I'm calling my senator's office tomorrow to find out the outcome of their inquiry so far

Timeline
28 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

I can't believe this . No any reaffirmed case has arrive in Accra, US Embassy in 2017?.....I'm calling my senator's office tomorrow to find out the outcome of their inquiry so far

Yes, it seems so.  My lawyer spoke with a supervisor at NVC today and she confirmed that my husband's file had been sent to Accra on 29 December 2016.  That's all they could say.  Please let us know what happens when you call the senator tomorrow. Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Lutz : it took ours from August to Jan to get back to NVC then until march 1 to get back to USCIS. They told my congressman at a year after the visa is back they start work on them so it's not considered outside process time until after a year back. I'm told that you get a new number from Nvc after they get it back and send to Ghana again, is this true? 

Timeline
On 1/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, nyala62 said:

Ok, we will try to be posting the updates on our cases here for the benefit of those still waiting for reaffirmation. May Allah help us all...

amen

Timeline
14 hours ago, lutz said:

Yes, it seems so.  My lawyer spoke with a supervisor at NVC today and she confirmed that my husband's file had been sent to Accra on 29 December 2016.  That's all they could say.  Please let us know what happens when you call the senator tomorrow. Thanks.

why dont you call the embasy in letter to find out if they have received anything like that and if not how long does it take to be sent to them from nvc

Timeline
27 minutes ago, kwame??? said:

why dont you call the embasy in letter to find out if they have received anything like that and if not how long does it take to be sent to them from nvc

How to call the embassy in Accra?  The only number I have will only allow for those wishing to call about non immigrant visas.  I've sent letters and emails.  As far as I know, there is no way to 'call' the embassy.  If you know of a way, please share.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

Lutz : it took ours from August to Jan to get back to NVC then until march 1 to get back to USCIS. They told my congressman at a year after the visa is back they start work on them so it's not considered outside process time until after a year back. I'm told that you get a new number from Nvc after they get it back and send to Ghana again, is this true? 

I don't know if that's true.  I was not given a new number, though my lawyer filed a new DS 260 electronically, so that may produce a new number, but I don't have it yet.  That's a good question.  I am going to follow up with her about that. Thanks. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, lutz said:

I don't know if that's true.  I was not given a new number, though my lawyer filed a new DS 260 electronically, so that may produce a new number, but I don't have it yet.  That's a good question.  I am going to follow up with her about that. Thanks. 

lutz I was not given a new case number either. I don't think a reaffirmed cases needs a new NVC case number because they would have done that before returning the case back to the consulate. OR?

Any way let us try the numbers given by another VJ member on this thread, did you get that link? Good luck to us

Timeline

It was Jenylin and Awal who posted the link. I will send the letter I sent to the embassy in Accra to that address he provided, and call them on monday. We shall not tire and we will not give up.

Timeline

Thank you for posting this information, but it seems as though this is specific for USCIS.  Once the petition is reaffirmed, it is out of the hands of the USCIS and in the direct hands of the people at the Accra embassy.  

I had tried to call the embassy a few weeks ago, but their only menu options were for non immigrant visas.  I sent my letters directly to the embassy in Accra, to the attention of the Consular section.  

Edited by lutz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.