shadow0gabe

US Embassy Paris email not working?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

On December 29th, 2016 I got approved for expeditious processing through the NVC and our case is currently "In transit" to the US Embassy in Paris, France.  I'm aware that it could take a couple weeks for it to fully transfer to the US Embassy in Paris.  My wife is currently a Portuguese citizen, however we are living in Belgium (I'm US military) and I received military orders to Greenland for February 2017, but my spouse cannot attend the tour with me, that's why we got approved for expeditious processing.

I have tried to talk to someone at the embassy but they keep on transferring me to automated responses and how to contact them via email or site.  The email I'm contacting is ParisConIV@state.gov, however every time I send an email to it explaining my situation, it keeps giving me an error that it won't be delivered to the recipient (I assume the email provided is obsolete or if there are only certain hours they receive emails?).

I'll give a little synopsis on what my email stated.  Basically, I received military orders to Greenland in February 2017, but my spouse can't attend the tour with me.  I know there are only approved doctors the US embassy's provide, such as Paris which is only two doctors, but I'm also wondering since we are in Belgium (due to my current military orders) if we can do the medicals with the approved physicians here in Belgium? Since these doctors are only about an hour away and the physicians in Paris are about 4 hours away.  I'm wondering if anyone had a similar situation? If so, should I go ahead and contact these physicians to get her full medical while we wait for our case to be transferred even without an appointment letter? I'm sure the physicians may allow us to do it due to our current situation and how much time we have left.  

I'm not worried staying a little longer (past February, I just have to report by end of March) because I'm positive I can work something out with my personnel section with an exception of policy due to the importance of my wife's visa.

Also, how long does it take for the Embassy in Paris to schedule an interview? We have all required documents ready for the interview, it's just the medical and the actual interview date we are worried about. I'm fully aware we have to mail in the Application of readiness (DS-2001) to the embassy, but I don't want to send it in now since our case hasn't fully transferred to the Embassy and if we do send it in now and our case hasn't transferred by the time they receive it, will they still schedule it once the case has been transferred or will they just look at it and we have to resubmit it?

Important thing is that we receive the interview date before we leave because we don't want leave before having the interview and without the visa package.

Thanks in advance, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, shadow0gabe said:

On December 29th, 2016 I got approved for expeditious processing through the NVC and our case is currently "In transit" to the US Embassy in Paris, France.  I'm aware that it could take a couple weeks for it to fully transfer to the US Embassy in Paris.  My wife is currently a Portuguese citizen, however we are living in Belgium (I'm US military) and I received military orders to Greenland for February 2017, but my spouse cannot attend the tour with me, that's why we got approved for expeditious processing.

I have tried to talk to someone at the embassy but they keep on transferring me to automated responses and how to contact them via email or site.  The email I'm contacting is ParisConIV@state.gov, however every time I send an email to it explaining my situation, it keeps giving me an error that it won't be delivered to the recipient (I assume the email provided is obsolete or if there are only certain hours they receive emails?).

I'll give a little synopsis on what my email stated.  Basically, I received military orders to Greenland in February 2017, but my spouse can't attend the tour with me.  I know there are only approved doctors the US embassy's provide, such as Paris which is only two doctors, but I'm also wondering since we are in Belgium (due to my current military orders) if we can do the medicals with the approved physicians here in Belgium? Since these doctors are only about an hour away and the physicians in Paris are about 4 hours away.  I'm wondering if anyone had a similar situation? If so, should I go ahead and contact these physicians to get her full medical while we wait for our case to be transferred even without an appointment letter? I'm sure the physicians may allow us to do it due to our current situation and how much time we have left.  

I'm not worried staying a little longer (past February, I just have to report by end of March) because I'm positive I can work something out with my personnel section with an exception of policy due to the importance of my wife's visa.

Also, how long does it take for the Embassy in Paris to schedule an interview? We have all required documents ready for the interview, it's just the medical and the actual interview date we are worried about. I'm fully aware we have to mail in the Application of readiness (DS-2001) to the embassy, but I don't want to send it in now since our case hasn't fully transferred to the Embassy and if we do send it in now and our case hasn't transferred by the time they receive it, will they still schedule it once the case has been transferred or will they just look at it and we have to resubmit it?

Important thing is that we receive the interview date before we leave because we don't want leave before having the interview and without the visa package.

Thanks in advance, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

It is likely the Embassy is on skeleton staffing for the holiday period. Some departments shut completely.

Try Frankfurt and speak to the military liaison officer who can then patch you back through to Paris with a name and a contact number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.