dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kofi_Adjoa said:

I know how you feel, the worse part is when people keep asking you when is your wife coming over 

My husband is Ghana and it seems I can't keep my mind straight. He just wants to come and be with me so we can start our life 

53 minutes ago, Khaywood said:

It just seems so disheartening I'm so tired of this process and just want my husband to com:(home 

That's the worst!  I hate that people keep asking when my husband is moving over.  Especially since it seems we keep pushing the date out due to the slow process.  His boss in England keeps asking him when he's leaving also, because they need to know about hiring someone to fill his spot.  I hate that our lives feel like they're just on hold while we wait and wait and wait.

NVC is a JOKE !!!!

USCIS is approving cases faster than NVC now.

I guess the worse thing to do is asking a government employee to do his job.

We don’t need to waiting this long for case complete, if you are only reviewing 5 documents (20 pages average)

2 hours ago, SMAlexander said:

I called on this morning, and I was pretty firm with them!  They looked everything up and asked how can we help you I said well mam im going into my 8th week and she went over the usual about "Where my case is" I said ok well at what point can I speak to a supervisor?  So she then says that my case is where it needs to be for completion they have had it since the 27th.  I told her ok ill call back later today.  I personally am over this because at this point you really cant plan anything because this process...As if my life is at a complete pause :(

1 hour ago, afortunada said:

Yes, I swear people question that every single day. "So, any news?" ... Believe me, when there's news, I'll be jumping for joy and crying tears of happiness!

1 hour ago, chel0524 said:

That's the worst!  I hate that people keep asking when my husband is moving over.  Especially since it seems we keep pushing the date out due to the slow process.  His boss in England keeps asking him when he's leaving also, because they need to know about hiring someone to fill his spot.  I hate that our lives feel like they're just on hold while we wait and wait and wait.

Oh my god, yes! ALL of this! Everything's just a big depressing stand still. And that "Any news?" question - I was just talking to my husband about that yesterday, it's really starting to wind me up! "Obviously you would know if there were news!!"

My boss assumes I'm never leaving and I can't say anything because the date keeps pushing back. I feel terrible! Like I'm being dishonest, but I think it'd be worse to mess her around with the dates. By the way, I work in a job that's not my career choice because there's scarcely any work in my field in England and it's just depressing me even more. Not only is my personal life on hold but so is my career :(. Rant over. Thanks, you guys, for listening!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khaywood said:

It just seems so disheartening I'm so tired of this process and just want my husband to com:(home 

Totally understand. It's too bad that they don't really seem to care and their timelines are really unrealistic. I think it's a matter of time. For what I've seen it's taking between 8-10 weeks. So we're getting really close I hope ?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Talumepa said:

scan date Nov 2

sup review Dec 13

under review from Dec 20 

Hoping to have good news this week !!!:D

how do you know your case is " under review"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, lau1119 said:

how do you know your case is " under review"?

You don't  they just keep on saying it's in the review department it's in the review department. That doesn't mean it's being reviewed it means that it's waiting for somebody to review it 

Hello everyone Happy New Year! Hopefully this is the last holiday without our loved ones.

My packet just arrived at NVC today. No scan date as of this afternoon. I will call again every morning to harass them about my file.

And yes to everything, the whole "So when's your husband coming?" is getting real tired.

09/24 - Sent out I-130 to Phoenix, AZ

09/26 - Received at Phoenix (somewhere in between, the I-797 was mailed and marked back to sender due to post office error)

10/24 - Finally got the I-797 NOA-1 resent to me - forwarded my case to NSC

11/04 - Status changed to RFE

11/12 - Got the RFE letter in the mail (certified copy of marriage certificate)

11/18 - Mailed in RFE response

11/21 - RFE received at USCIS

11/21 - RFE status changed to response review

11/29 - Case approved at USCIS

12/03 - Received NOA-2 in the mail

12/09 - Case sent to NVC

12/15 - Case received by NVC

12/20 - NVC case number and IIN assigned

12/21 - DS-261 submitted online & gave email addresses

12/22 - Had NVC review DS-261 over the phone, paid AOS fee

12/24 - Paid IV fee

12/28 - Submitted DS-260

12/29 - Submitted packet to NVC via FedEx

01/03 - Packet delivered to NVC

01/04 - NVC scan date

03/02 - NVC Supervisor Review

03/16 - Case Complete at NVC

03/30 - Interview date confirmed over phone (and P4 email?)

03/30 - P4 letter received via email

05/02 - Interview at Manila Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Khaywood said:

Question 1

7 hours ago, chel0524 said:

I usually ask if there is a status update available for our case.

Thanks for the help! I will try that!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

I cant believe none of us is CC'd. They really need to hurry up to catch up with the amount of cases NVC is receiving daily. I guess it's just testing our patience and i am really running thin. I am already loosing it. I am not calling right now coz i know that i will be literally swearing at them. I just wanna keep calm as much as possible when call them sometime this evening. I hate waiting an hour to get to the rep, so i just wanna wait till the last minute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Gulbalo said:

I cant believe none of us is CC'd. They really need to hurry up to catch up with the amount of cases NVC is receiving daily. I guess it's just testing our patience and i am really running thin. I am already loosing it. I am not calling right now coz i know that i will be literally swearing at them. I just wanna keep calm as much as possible when call them sometime this evening. I hate waiting an hour to get to the rep, so i just wanna wait till the last minute

You're right.  I don't recall seeing ANY CCs reported today.......strange......Hopefully, they will make a lot of us happy this week.

Scan Date: 9 Nov 2016

Supervisor Review: 21 Dec 2016

Extremely impatient: NOW!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

You're right.  I don't recall seeing ANY CCs reported today.......strange......Hopefully, they will make a lot of us happy this week.

Scan Date: 9 Nov 2016

Supervisor Review: 21 Dec 2016

Extremely impatient: NOW!!!

• I am hoping so too coz i have been telling my wife that her case is going to be CC'd this week the past few weeks now. Now she does even believe me anymore. :D but I just try to remind myself of the very near end of this frustrating long journey.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, N & S said:

We have the same scan date and supervisor review date! I'm hoping we all can get CC soon. 

Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnel soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.