dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

San/Receive Date: 9 Nov 2016

Supervisor Review Date: 21 Dec 2016

Hoping for CC this week...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

47 minutes ago, Nauman sh said:

Reviewed by supervisor?

That's most likely how it will end up.  Some lucky ones manage to get reviewed before the 6 weeks are up.  But, generally, everyone is hitting the 6 week mark and then going into supervisor review.  It will not be looked at until it's reviewed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, chel0524 said:

That's most likely how it will end up.  Some lucky ones manage to get reviewed before the 6 weeks are up.  But, generally, everyone is hitting the 6 week mark and then going into supervisor review.  It will not be looked at until it's reviewed.

Good Luck, chel0524!  Hopefully, this is our week....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, J&EWoo said:

Scan date 11-15

Supervisor review 12-27

Good luck to everyone for a CC this month

We have the same scan date and supervisor review date! I'm hoping we all can get CC soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if anyone cares, but I logged into the CEAC site on the 27th or 28th and noticed we had gotten the third "N/A." Received an email on the 30th with my interview date in Montreal.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, JlovesA said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I logged into the CEAC site on the 27th or 28th and noticed we had gotten the third "N/A." Received an email on the 30th with my interview date in Montreal.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Appreciate the update, when was your scan date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Qabtawi said:

Appreciate the update, when was your scan date?

October 31

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations!

I had an original scan date of 9/29, then NVC sent me a checklist on 11/25, which I responded to immediately and it was received by them on 11/29.  

Then I realized that I forgot to send my household member's  W2s forms with the (I-864(A) along with the initial IV package, so I had the bright idea (DUH!!) of sending them in on 12/15, which reset me back to the 4-6 weeks of review from 12/15, rather than 11/29 when I sent the REQUESTED documents in.  

I am hoping they will overlook and disregard those documents I voluntarily sent and just go off of the original checklist request I sent back on 11/29.   Even though NVC never requested those documents on the Checklist they sent me.  Now I am sure that that the W2s I sent on 12/15 are going to set me back even LONGER now ( an extra two weeks), even though I never even had to send them in the first place. The consulate would have probably just asked for them at my wife's interview.   All I had to send was the documents NVC requested on the checklist from 11/25.  I hope I did not mess my self up by sending those "un-requested" documents.  I am praying that we get a Case Complete by mid-January.  PLEASE!!!! and and interview by mid to end of February.  Anyone have any feedback or experience with this odd situation?  I could use all the encouragement I can get right about now.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Happy new year keep the faith guys. You all are going to make the visa journey hall of fame.^_^ Im looking forward to hear some CC this week. Its your turn.

USCIS TIMELINE

1-26-16: Married, Cameroon Buea West Africa

4-11-16: Sent I-130

4-21-16: NOA1

8-31-16: I-130 APPROVED

NVC TIMELINE

10-3-16: NVC receives case from USCIS

10-13-16: NVC creates case and case number given

10-14-16: Received DS261 and AOS Bill

10-14-16: DS261 completed

10-18-16: AOS bill PAID

10-19-16: Received IV bill

10-21-16: Sent AOS PACKAGE AND IV PACKAGE TO NVC

10-24-16: DS260 COMPLETED IV Bill PAID

10-26-16: "SCAN DATE"

12-8-16: SUPERVISOR REVIEW

12-28-16: CC

12-29-16: Interview date By Email

1-6-17: Ready for Interview

2-7-17:INTERVIEW:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, eyeofanubis79 said:

Congratulations!

I had an original scan date of 9/29, then NVC sent me a checklist on 11/25, which I responded to immediately and it was received by them on 11/29.  

Then I realized that I forgot to send my household member's  W2s forms with the (I-864(A) along with the initial IV package, so I had the bright idea (DUH!!) of sending them in on 12/15, which reset me back to the 4-6 weeks of review from 12/15, rather than 11/29 when I sent the REQUESTED documents in.  

I am hoping they will overlook and disregard those documents I voluntarily sent and just go off of the original checklist request I sent back on 11/29.   Even though NVC never requested those documents on the Checklist they sent me.  Now I am sure that that the W2s I sent on 12/15 are going to set me back even LONGER now ( an extra two weeks), even though I never even had to send them in the first place. The consulate would have probably just asked for them at my wife's interview.   All I had to send was the documents NVC requested on the checklist from 11/25.  I hope I did not mess my self up by sending those "un-requested" documents.  I am praying that we get a Case Complete by mid-January.  PLEASE!!!! and and interview by mid to end of February.  Anyone have any feedback or experience with this odd situation?  I could use all the encouragement I can get right about now.  

Yeah they usually asked for W2 at the interview , probably you set yourself back 2 weeks but don't worry too much about it maybe you will get lucky , either way you are almost there stressing won't help anything. 

On 1/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, MomAndMe said:

Happy New Year! 

It's really strange that everyone is put on supervisor review after 6 weeks. Is there any lucky one that did not require a supervisor review?

My scan date was Nov 8 and I called after 7 weeks and I don't think I was put on supervisor review. I called two times and both times all they would tell me was that it was in review and in the words of the last employee I talked to 'my case is now finally waiting to be picked out of a bucket'... so who knows :|

Timeline
1 hour ago, AMINE1980 said:

Yeah they usually asked for W2 at the interview , probably you set yourself back 2 weeks but don't worry too much about it maybe you will get lucky , either way you are almost there stressing won't help anything. 

Thanks!!! Thats makes me feels much better.  And may you have a wonderful and prosperous new year!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, AMINE1980 said:

Thanks again fr the words of encouragement, I just want 2017 to be a better year, and hopefully the NVC employees will start to show a sense of urgency.  Not to mention I have sent 6 expedite requests due to my heart problems, and have been denied EACH TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.