Jump to content

Is the K1 Still Apply To Married Status?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, to any and all who can help me, a BIGGGGGGG thanks! I am a natural born US citizen. I have been together with my wife for 12 years, but only got married back in August 26, 2016. Just a few months ago. Now according to the site, i see it contains advice on how to get your "Fiance(e)" over and such, but would any advice given or laid out be helpful for an already married couple? I want to petition my wife and get her ASAP into the States but I dont know the first thing or what the first step would be to get anything started. Please help :(:(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiance visa (K1) is for unmarried engaged to be married couples. You want to research the spousal visa (CR1). Don't know how long the process time is now days, last time I checked it was around a year. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.