MarkPerry

Trump's New Press Secretary : "Obama Jealous becuase Trump has gotten so much done"

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, bcking said:

My wife is in OG and previously worked for a company in London. I was previously in NYC at a hospital there, and prior to that in San Diego. Originally born in Portland, Oregon. I have no connection to Houston, but moved here in August in preparation for my wife's arrival so that she could get work. Got a job, bought a house, have the cars ready. Now just waiting on her visa (supposed to have been done already but we made a minor error with her birth certificate, and now have to wait another 6-8 weeks for the NVC to look that over). She works upstream and there really aren't any other cities in the US for exploration/new ventures.

Hope she gets here soon, The wait suxs.   So you are what I call a California Yankee.  Explains a lot about your views. Interesting to know and thanks for clearing that up. 

Just now, MarkPerry said:

Hope she gets here soon, The wait suxs.   So you are what I call a California Yankee.  Explains a lot about your views. Interesting to know and thanks for clearing that up. 

Not an Oregonian Yankee? I really don't identify with California. I was only there for medical school and left when I could. I was lured there by an ex-girlfriend.

15 minutes ago, bcking said:

Not an Oregonian Yankee? I really don't identify with California. I was only there for medical school and left when I could. I was lured there by an ex-girlfriend.

Yea, but I think the Left coast is all about the same, I could be wrong, Never been to Oregon, Don't know much about it.

15 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

Yea, but I think the Left coast is all about the same, I could be wrong, Never been to Oregon, Don't know much about it.

For your purposes it is probably not much different. To an Oregonian...Californians are like a different species :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcking said:

Sadly no. When my wife told people she was dating an American most of them thought she was out of her mind until they actually met me and realized I wasn't like their stereotype. Most of them assume that American men are loud, obnoxious, shallow and not a lot going on in the head.

that seems quite bigoted.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

8 minutes ago, ccneat said:

Russian women say this about American men as well

plenty of cehst bros feel this way about american women..just no mention of the devious/controlling vibe we got goin on.

1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

plenty of cehst bros feel this way about american women..just no mention of the devious/controlling vibe we got goin on.

What's this about you and a vibe going on?  You DO realize this is a family site, right?

Edited by IDGAF

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Sadly no. When my wife told people she was dating an American most of them thought she was out of her mind until they actually met me and realized I wasn't like their stereotype. Most of them assume that American men are loud, obnoxious, shallow and not a lot going on in the head.

There is a stereotype that persists regarding Americans abroad. It might be thought of as unfair, and like any stereotype it is, but for the fact that many Americans can and do behave appalling while visiting abroad. Americans can indeed be loud, which is not always considered an appropriate way to be culturally. In certain places in Asia it is also culturally rude to be loud in public.. and I think Americans should at least try to be mindful of being respectful to the places we visit. We can also be seen as demanding, with little patience. There is a lot that Brits don't understand about us, and much we don't understand about them. I don't know exactly how British women feel about American men, but among male circles, American women are liked quite a bit. I don't think any woman would enjoy a loud, obnoxious, egotistic, and shallow man. And perhaps that is why many are drawn to the stereotypical 'English gentleman' - with traits a woman would be attracted to. Of course there are 'American gentleman' around I'm sure, it just seems harder to find these days. I have been to many different parts of the UK, and the attitudes towards Americans will vary greatly depending on where you go. I had a hard enough time trying to get my husband's family to understand that America is not like what they see on TV, and everywhere is not NYC or Texas. It's just as hard for them to wrap aspects about different countries around their heads as it is for us sometimes.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

18 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

There is a stereotype that persists regarding Americans abroad. It might be thought of as unfair, and like any stereotype it is, but for the fact that many Americans can and do behave appalling while visiting abroad. Americans can indeed be loud, which is not always considered an appropriate way to be culturally. In certain places in Asia it is also culturally rude to be loud in public...

I am very loud in general, and you are right in Asia they don't know what to make of me.  When I go to Manila I will try to keep two girls with me and when I go out at night to the clubs and Video K I will have one on each side of me walking hand in had,  I play it up

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I am very loud in general, and you are right in Asia they don't know what to make of me.  When I go to Manila I will try to keep two girls with me and when I go out at night to the clubs and Video K I will have one on each side of me walking hand in had,  I play it up

VOL used to do that too. He lives in your area as well. Have you met him by any chance? 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

VOL used to do that too. He lives in your area as well. Have you met him by any chance? 

Surely there is room for only one Alpha just north of Dallas. If they met, clearly "Mark" out-Alpha'd VOL, since much like the Highlander, there can only be One.

Shed a tear for our departed comrade. There will never be another like him on VJ. 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

42 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

Sounds like a true International Playboy, or so they say...

cRdn022.gif

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

55 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I have to say most of the Philippines people I have met liked Americans and most Americans act very nice there. 

As for people acting like complete Jerk in the Philippines.  Koreans