PepperCat

Can anyone please help us

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP said he does not want a Green Card so presumably the plan is for her to move when she is able.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

OP said he does not want a Green Card so presumably the plan is for her to move when she is able.

I interpreted it as him wanting to be with her and was not solely out for the Green Card. Doesn't sound like she will be travelling anywhere anytime soon with only one kidney...

Timeline

Sounds like he needs to be the one doing the visiting then.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like he needs to be the one doing the visiting then.

Agree'd.

The downside is, is that she said he doesn't have a job. I doubt he'll be able to prove ties to his country.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

I read it that they talk when he is not at work?

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

He talk  all day  and night... No day is missed ever. 

He doesn't even care if he gets a green card. 

We just want to be together. 

Visiting visa I hear is hard to get... 

We just want to apply for the right thing first time so we can start our lives together :(

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I read it that they talk when he is not at work?

You're probably right! I read it as "Every night every second, he is not working" instead of "Every night, every second he is not working".

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

You're probably right! I read it as "Every night every second, he is not working" instead of "Every night, every second he is not working".

It can be confusing, odd that he has not looked into visiting.

Timeline

We have just begun this journey. 

We talked to Rapid Visa.  The second  I said we never met they wanted nothing to do with us. 

He has looked into visiting.  There is no problem with that  other than being denied and wasting time. 

We started off wanting to apply  for K1

That was shot down... We don't want to apply for wrong things and be denied.  We want to do this right the first time. 

We were hoping someone  had experienced  this before  and could guide us in the right direction. 

I have spoke to immigration  attorney....they want so much money.

Our hearts are pure.  We can not help who we love in life.  We just need to be pointed  to the right path to take. 

Timeline

First thing you need to do is actually meet.

I guess the next question I have is:

Have you only talked on the phone and texted?

Have you done video chat? Seen each other? Other than a picture or a facebook page?

It may seem like a silly question, but there have been people who have "dated" someone for years and never actually seen their face in motion. Normally people who date try to meet early on in the relationship, and not start with marriage. While I know your health is declining, jumping to the marriage conclusion to be together may not be the best route.

With that said, all you can really do is try to waiver it by having PLENTY of proof you can not travel, and potentially proof that he can't get a visa, which means you'll probably want him to apply for a visitor visa, get denied, and then show that he can't get a visitor visa.

Note that it is VERY rare for a waiver to occur. It's almost better to assume you won't get it.

Also as a side note, not to question your love for each other, but there have been plenty of people who have truly felt in love with a person they talk to on the phone and online, only to not have any physical or in-proximity attraction. Meaning they were in love with this person emotionally, but being around them that spark simply didn't exist. This happens to people who even may feel they are truly in love with someone, only to feel the crushing heartbreak that while standing next to this person they've poured their heart out too, there's nothing, there's the knowledge that you love each other, but the feeling just isn't there when you're actually together.

This is one reason why it's ALWAYS better to meet in person. People are a gamble, and it's not a shallow thing. If everyone could love everyone without having a spark, then well there'd be a lot more free love out there. But there's some people just by being around them give you that off feeling, and there have been cases of people meeting the love of their life, only to have that weird off feeling about that person when meeting.

Edited by Ash.1101

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Timeline

I would go to Argentina  in a second  if I was able to. 

I have called everyone mosque,  Islamic  center,  schools,  pro Bono attorneys,  immigration  free consultation.

One attorney  told me if unable to travel they may approve K1 also their is hardship. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, PepperCat said:

We have just begun this journey. 

We talked to Rapid Visa.  The second  I said we never met they wanted nothing to do with us. 

He has looked into visiting.  There is no problem with that  other than being denied and wasting time. 

We started off wanting to apply  for K1

That was shot down... We don't want to apply for wrong things and be denied.  We want to do this right the first time. 

We were hoping someone  had experienced  this before  and could guide us in the right direction. 

I have spoke to immigration  attorney....they want so much money.

Our hearts are pure.  We can not help who we love in life.  We just need to be pointed  to the right path to take. 

The reason why Rapid Visa don't want anything to do with you is because you haven't fulfilled the requirement of meeting within the last two years. You HAVE TO MEET before you can file for the K1 visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.