sparkles_

Tourist visa for in-laws....pending AOS

14 posts in this topic

Hey VJers, 

So we have found out that my husband and I will be having a little one in later summer :) That being said, we both want his parents to be here for the birth of their first grandchild. Now my issue is that I'm not even sure they can apply for one since he is in the AOS process. He does have his EAD, but would him being in the process of AOS negatively affect them applying?

For what it is worth they are home owners, dad in law is retired drawing pension in Morocco and so forth, so they have ample ties to Morocco I believe. Thanks guys. 

The status of their son being in process for AOS would have no different effect as if he were a GC holder or USC even.

The parents have to merely go and apply for a tourist visa and be able to show they have strong ties to their home country and are not intending to immigrate.

All they can do is try and see what happens. Good luck!

OK, so it will have basically no bearing on their own applications basically and its on them to show all their proofs and ties to Morocco. Would it help any if we included some sort of proof of the baby on the way for them to give to whoever when they apply? So they can show reason for wanting to visit?

Edited by sparkles_

Show proof of your pregnancy will not provide any benefit what so ever. It is their case and case alone.

When they apply there will be a section that ask if they have any relatives in the US. Their son's (your hubby's) case may have a peek at.

15 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

OK, so it will have basically no bearing on their own applications basically and its on them to show all their proofs and ties to Morocco. Would it help any if we included some sort of proof of the baby on the way for them to give to whoever when they apply? So they can show reason for wanting to visit?

The US doesn't care why people want to visit, they only care about reasons why they'd leave.

If anything the baby on the way can work against you. There may be suspicion on the part of the CO that the parents are being brought in to help care for the baby. 

9 hours ago, JFH said:

If anything the baby on the way can work against you. There may be suspicion on the part of the CO that the parents are being brought in to help care for the baby. 

Would showing proof that my in laws have a minor child to tie them to coming back to Morocco help in any way to counteract this? I have a teenage brother in law that can't exactly be abandoned.....in fact it would cut their visit down to about 2wk tops, maybe less because he is still in high school and can't be just left for weeks on end. Plus all the other proofs we would provide. 

Edited by sparkles_

14 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

Would showing proof that my in laws have a minor child to tie them to coming back to Morocco help in any way to counteract this? I have a teenage brother in law that can't exactly be abandoned.....in fact it would cut their visit down to about 2wk tops, maybe less because he is still in high school and can't be just left for weeks on end. Plus all the other proofs we would provide. 

children are abandoned all of the time not a huge tie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.