MarkPerry

Britain, edging towards Trump, scolds top U.S. diplomat over Israel

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I don't have heathcare. I find it illegal to require me to have insurance just because I am a US Citizen.   They are way too many people who don't work and get welfare that get free insurance.  Too many day labors who work for cash and get free health insurance.  Too many illegal aliens who have numerous anchor babies and they get free health insurance.

While hard working Americans pay high cost for insurance, or we pay the penalty.

Well if you want to risk not being able to afford paying for your healthcare the day you get seriously sick that's your call. 

1 minute ago, MarkPerry said:

I know hundred of Illegals living here, some are my buddies.  I have dated some of their relatives in the past.  I know how illegals deal with income and taxes.  They don't pay, or if they happen to have a job where they have taxes taken out (which most don't) then they just lie on the tax returns to get refunds.    What is the IRS going to do someone already breaking federal laws living in the USA.   Nothing

Like I said: google "illegals pay taxes". I didn't say ALL illegals pay taxes. But illegals have paid more in taxes than Trump that's for sure. 

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Well if you want to risk not being able to afford paying for your healthcare the day you get seriously sick that's your call. 

Like I said: google "illegals pay taxes". I didn't say ALL illegals pay taxes. But illegals have paid more in taxes than Trump that's for sure. 

That just a stupid comment. Trump is one person, Illegals are 20 million people.  Illegals send most of their money back to Mexico or other countries and it doesn't stay in the USA to help our economy.

I bet you the cost of welfare, school, medical for illegal is way more than what they ever pay in taxes.   And like I said most who pay just lie on deductions to get most of it back.

11 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

I can afford it, I make a fairly large income. I just don't want to be required by a law that I see as unfair. So thus I don't pay.

For me I don't get sick, I do have a doc I can go see and get shot  or check out a bump or drain my knee if needed for around $100 per visit/procedure.   You have these fools who pay $300 per month for insurance and then they go see them and after insurance they still owe $100.     Medical gets cheap once you go on a cash payment

Timeline
Just now, MarkPerry said:

That just a stupid comment. Trump is one person, Illegals are 20 million people.  Illegals send most of their money back to Mexico or other countries and it doesn't stay in the USA to help our economy.

I bet you the cost of welfare, school, medical for illegal is way more than what they ever pay in taxes.   And like I said most who pay just lie on deductions to get most of it back.

Your economy is ruined without people sending money out of the US. The economy is tanked with or without illegals

21 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I don't have heathcare. I find it illegal to require me to have insurance just because I am a US Citizen.   They are way too many people who don't work and get welfare that get free insurance.  Too many day labors who work for cash and get free health insurance.  Too many illegal aliens who have numerous anchor babies and they get free health insurance.

While hard working Americans pay high cost for insurance, or we pay the penalty.

If you find it "illegal" to require you to have insurance, then we should require you to write a check up front for any healthcare-related costs if you get sick. ED visits, car accident, sudden cancer diagnosis. Check up front or we can show you the door. I know you are well off, but hopefully that includes being able to write a check for a few hundred thousand in cash. Even if you could do that, I guarantee there are many people with your opinion that can't. They just make it worse for everyone else.

People who don't carry health insurance think they are doing such a smart thing, when in reality they are making everyone else's premiums go up because insurance premiums have to subsidize the care that hospitals provide to uninsured. Hospitals take care of hundreds/thousands of people with no insurance. They will try to get the bills paid, but often times they get pennies on the dollar back. Hospitals need to make up those losses. The costs/charges of medical care to insurers is partially so high because hospitals have to cover the costs of all the people they treat who don't carry health insurance.

5 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I can afford it, I make a fairly large income. I just don't want to be required by a law that I see as unfair. So thus I don't pay.

For me I don't get sick, I do have a doc I can go see and get shot  or check out a bump or drain my knee if needed for around $100 per visit/procedure.   You have these fools who pay $300 per month for insurance and then they go see them and after insurance they still owe $100.     Medical gets cheap once you go on a cash payment

Mark I know you are successful. But are you successful enough to cover a half a million dollar medical bill if you were to get into a serious accident? Or a cancer diagnosis, or serious surgery etc...

If the answer is yes, I'm very happy for you and I agree you have the right to just plan ahead and pay out of pocket. However, most people who don't hold insurance (and who aren't below the poverty line) because they think they are "healthy and don't need it", don't have the money you have. Those people are a potential burden to the system when they do get sick.

8 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Your economy is ruined without people sending money out of the US. The economy is tanked with or without illegals

My economy is booming. Where I live we rarely feel recession or economic downturns.  We are in a building and economic boom.  Plenty of work and lots of money to be made.  Been that way for years.

Timeline
Just now, MarkPerry said:

My economy is booming. Where I live we rarely feel recession or economic downturns.  We are in a building and economic boom.  Plenty of work and lots of money to be made.  Been that way for years.

Then why are you complaining about the economy? 

8 minutes ago, bcking said:

If you find it "illegal" to require you to have insurance, then we should require you to write a check up front for any healthcare-related costs if you get sick. ED visits, car accident, sudden cancer diagnosis. Check up front or we can show you the door. I know you are well off, but hopefully that includes being able to write a check for a few hundred thousand in cash. Even if you could do that, I guarantee there are many people with your opinion that can't. They just make it worse for everyone else.

People like me if I had a car wreck and had a large medical bill, I would negotiate it down and then pay it. I may even have to get on a long term payment plan, but I would pay my bills.

It's the illegals, the welfare scammers who get on it and if they get sick and run up a huge bill, they just think it is owed it to them.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

People like me if I had a car wreck and had a large medical bill, I would negotiate it down and then pay it. I may even have to get on a long term payment plan, but I would pay my bills.

It's the illegals, the welfare scammers who get on it and if they get sick and run up a huge bill, they just think it is owed it to them.

And if you get cancer? That won't just be one bill, that will be something ongoing for a pretty extended time. How are you going to solve that? 

1 minute ago, Unidentified said:

And if you get cancer? That won't just be one bill, that will be something ongoing for a pretty extended time. How are you going to solve that? 

Very Simple. Hop on a plane and go to another country where medical is cheap.  Philippines would be my first choice.  What cost $40K here, I can get done for $400. 

I have taken that into consideration

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-05-09-uninsured-unpaid-hospital-bills_n.htm

Mark, again you may be the exception.

"Families with incomes above 400% of the poverty level, or about $88,000 a year for a family of four, pay about 37% of their hospital bills in full, according to the Department of Health and Human Services study."

I know your income is more than 400% of the poverty level, but that is a huge issue. Hospitals negotiate prices with medicaid/medicare and private insurance companies in part to help cover the loss from uninsured. Though in fairness the article also points out that hospitals that care for uninsured people tend to be public hospitals and dont' get many privately insured patients. In those cases the person who ends up footing the bill is the government. That comes back to everyone in the form of taxes.

Edited by bcking

1 hour ago, Unidentified said:

I don't call a 400 dollar a month Premium with a 7000 dollar deductible very affordable for a lot of folks .

I know a thing or two about illegals. I have dated one and worked a few. Very few pay taxes and most suck off the system. Free education and meals for their kids. Free Medical care by visits to the ER.

1 hour ago, MarkPerry said:

Human Rights?  Obama is more concerned with oddball minority in USA.  He is pro Muslim, anti American. He is pro transgender and letting men use the girls restroom, He made same sex marriage federal law when it should of been left to the states.  He was more interested in giving Illegal aliens work permits and being free from deportation than taking care of US citizens.  He more interested in bringing in ISIS and terrorist from places like Syria than protecting US

Oddball minorities? A president is president of all people. By definition that includes your oddball minority groups which is your words and not mine, because they are neither odd or small in number. But those ''oddballs'' have rights as any other person. Illegal aliens are here Mark. They've been here before Obama was president, and they've been given 'amnesty' in a variety of forms since before Obama was even in his mother's womb. They'll continue to be here after he leaves office, and will continue to be here when Trump leaves.

1 hour ago, bcking said:

People who don't carry health insurance think they are doing such a smart thing, when in reality they are making everyone else's premiums go up because insurance premiums have to subsidize the care that hospitals provide to uninsured. Hospitals take care of hundreds/thousands of people with no insurance. They will try to get the bills paid, but often times they get pennies on the dollar back. Hospitals need to make up those losses. The costs/charges of medical care to insurers is partially so high because hospitals have to cover the costs of all the people they treat who don't carry health insurance.

I wonder what else Mark thinks is illegal to be required to have? A drivers license and registration? Home, life, car insurances, licenses/bonded for business? A diploma? A seatbelt? Paying people wages? Obeying traffic laws and speed limits? Why do we have any laws at all? It's a good thing that it's not illegal to not have insurance then, as per the law.

bcking: I have to say though it's still not cut and dry about those who are not able to afford health insurance or decide not to have it. I used to be one of those persons, and it wasn't for any dumb or selfish reasons I assure you. I was seemingly young and fairly healthy, but ended up critically ill within days, and spent a week in a hospital. The bill was massive. There wasn't any magical negotiating it down (rofl people who think they can do that so easily are amusing). I paid it out of pocket as best as I could, under constant threat of collections. They didn't care I was paying it off each week, and they didn't care how terrible it was to have people threatening me down my back. Even after the bill was paid in full their employees continued to dispute it due to their error and not mine, leaving me hours of follow up work to resolve. I have had health insurance for quite a while now. It is a waste of my money and offers little benefit with a 10k deductible, high copays, and not much else. We forgot about quality of quantity. Its one thing to get 'everyone' covered, and quite another to saddle them with coverage that doesn't really help them when they need it. I spent over 300 in copays, and a back and forth to the clinic, and medication to resolve what was a simple strep throat - because the doctor insisted on giving me a new antibiotic I was not only allergic to, but did nothing for it. The strep turned into both strep and a chest infection, hives and swelling - which required more antibiotics and weeks of steroids to resolve. My since also spent about 500 going back and forth between her PC who felt she didn't need an antibiotic, two clinic visits, a return visit to her PC who admitted they goofed and resulted in a ruptured eardrum, myringitis, more medication, and now will most likely need to seek out an ENT. Believe me I am quite used to popping in to see a doctor with and without insurance - I haven't noticed an honest difference in cost. The hospital visit of course, but looking back with my deductible I'd actually have to shell out that same amount anyway!

I and my husband were very close to losing our insurance this month. The company pulled all previous plans and pushed us onto something new. The something new is barely better and we couldn't afford it. When it's a choice between money for food and electricity vs money for insurance. for a lot of Americans, it's not that we don't want insurance, it's that for survival reasons the penalty makes more fiscal sense.

And yes I know how it works in healthcare. How very often doctors are struggling to get patients to pay a bill, but even worse that the insurance companies that we're all supposed to be buying??? Will pay a doctor barely anything.. nearly to the point of complete writeoff. And we wonder why some doctors are quitting. They have bills and employees to pay too. There comes a point they can't do it anymore.

17 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I don't call a 400 dollar a month Premium with a 7000 dollar deductible very affordable for a lot of folks .

I know a thing or two about illegals. I have dated one and worked a few. Very few pay taxes and most suck off the system. Free education and meals for their kids. Free Medical care by visits to the ER.

$700 now and they lowered our deductible to 5k, bless their tiny green souls. No... it's not affordable at all. His new job offers insurance, man... that thing is amazing. But it's all out of pocket. They won't pay a dime. $1400 a month? LOL. I don't even think we'd have enough money left over to buy matches for candles and a can of spam for dinner. ;-)

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23