Maite&Osmar

Form I-751 Part 8

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the newest version of Form I-751 for my husband who is the petitioner to remove condition on residence.  I'm having problems completing part 8 because where it says Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center it says:  I, and there is a box but the application won't let me type anything there.  I believe part 8 is for the spouse (myself the US citizen) and I know I must sign it but I'm a little bit confused whether or not I should put any name in the box or I should leave it in blank.  

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Maite

currently waiting ClockWatch2.giftimeline.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Part 8 is for the conditional green card holder to sign.  You will have to print the document to write in his name and to sign and date the whole document.  The purpose of this section is just to have you acknowledge that, as part of the removal of conditions process, the conditional green card holder must go for a bio-metrics appointment at a USCIS branch office when notified.  At that time, fingerprints and photos will be taken.

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I attached the I-751 Instructions.  Read page 2 regarding part 8.

i-751instr.pdf

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

it is my understanding that part 7 is for the conditional resident/green card holder to print and sign and part 8 is for the Spouse or individual listed on part 4 to sign. I printed my husbands and he printed his name and signed part 7 and I printed my name and signed part 8. I just mailed my husband's in a few days ago. 

If I am understanding that portion incorrectly, please let me know. 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I'm confused too with that section. All my paper work is complete just stuck on part 7 and 8. Do I need to sign like i scribble my signature or do I need to write my name?

Timeline
On 1/3/2017 at 3:00 PM, DeAnna and Jorge said:

it is my understanding that part 7 is for the conditional resident/green card holder to print and sign and part 8 is for the Spouse or individual listed on part 4 to sign. I printed my husbands and he printed his name and signed part 7 and I printed my name and signed part 8. I just mailed my husband's in a few days ago. 

If I am understanding that portion incorrectly, please let me know. 

Thanks DeAnna & Jorge,

After a lot of research, I find out that some people are having problems in part 7 or part 8 because the names from part 1 and part 4 do not show automatically.  In my case it was only on Part 8, my name never showed up.  I am the spouse and US citizen.  Therefore, I printed my name on a word page and then I put the application page and printed and that's how I was able to put my name in the box.  Finally, I sent the package today. 

Timeline
On 1/6/2017 at 1:43 AM, Elly76 said:

Hi, I'm confused too with that section. All my paper work is complete just stuck on part 7 and 8. Do I need to sign like i scribble my signature or do I need to write my name?

Hi Elly76,

For my understanding on Part 7 goes all the information of the person  that is applying to remove the conditions.  That person needs to put his/her name in the acknowledgement box in case that it doesn't appear there.  Then, at the end of part 7 the same person needs to sign normally, the same way the person has signed all the previous documents.  Part 8 is for the US citizen, he/she needs to put the name in the acknowledgement box in case that it doesn't appear there.  Then, at the end of part 8 the US citizen needs to sign normally, the same way they sign any documents.  Hope, I cleared all your doubts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Maite&Osmar said:

Thanks DeAnna & Jorge,

After a lot of research, I find out that some people are having problems in part 7 or part 8 because the names from part 1 and part 4 do not show automatically.  In my case it was only on Part 8, my name never showed up.  I am the spouse and US citizen.  Therefore, I printed my name on a word page and then I put the application page and printed and that's how I was able to put my name in the box.  Finally, I sent the package today. 

Mine also deleted the names, but it deleted both of them. We physically printed and signed both sections. My husband received his letter that they received his documents and were extending his green card for a year waiting on his biometrics. So it must have been filled out correctly. I am so relieved because they sent ours back the first time because I didn't include a copy of my husband's green card. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, DeAnna and Jorge said:

Mine also deleted the names, but it deleted both of them. We physically printed and signed both sections. My husband received his letter that they received his documents and were extending his green card for a year waiting on his biometrics. So it must have been filled out correctly. I am so relieved because they sent ours back the first time because I didn't include a copy of my husband's green card. 

27 minutes ago, DeAnna and Jorge said:

Thanks DeAnna for your information it was very helpful because at least I know that I did it correctly based on what you just said.  

Edited by Maite&Osmar

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 0:30 PM, Maite&Osmar said:

Thanks DeAnna & Jorge,

Wow thank you for your post. I have exactly the same problem and now I guess I will need to decide if I want to do it your way or just write it by hand:) 

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/30/2016 at 1:39 PM, DebbyNSeyi said:

Part 8 is for the conditional green card holder to sign.  You will have to print the document to write in his name and to sign and date the whole document.  The purpose of this section is just to have you acknowledge that, as part of the removal of conditions process, the conditional green card holder must go for a bio-metrics appointment at a USCIS branch office when notified.  At that time, fingerprints and photos will be taken.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong on this one.. it is confusing, but apparently Part 8 is for the U.S. Husband to sign...

this has to be one of the most annoying ridiculous parts of this form - in normal english, the petitioner is the American Husband and the Spouse is the filipina wife. But they have to confuse the hell out everyone. And even in Part 8 the english points to the filipina wife, but apparently they are talking about the American Husband... " I, .. understand that the purpose of a USCIS ASC appointment is for ME to provide my fingerprints, photograph, and/or signature and to re-affirm that all of the information in MY petition is complete, true, and correct and was provided by me."  - this statement is so confusing because they automatically put the Husband's name in there.. But it appears they are talking about the wife.. very bizarre and whoever writes these forms should be fired. 

• 3 years later...

What if I'm divorced and selecting Waiver or Individual Filing request in Part 3?

I'm assuming I'm filling Part 4 because I can check 1a "Spouse or Former Spouse" and putting the former spouse's information.

I know the address but what if I didn't?

But do Part 8 still needs to be filled and signed by the, in this case, former spouse??

If we're divorced we might not be even in touch, so why would they signed anything?

I am signing Part 7 as Petitioner - I understand that. But is that all?

Thank you for any guidance!

Edited by MarcinW
missing number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.