kris&me

this new update

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Was trying to find a friend on here and says they do not have an account

i sent  whatsapp message and she did not remove it

what has happened?

BTW this now, is hard to use / if you read a topic, how do you get back to homepage?

the old site was fine / don't like this

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Click on the VJ logo to go to the homepage.  Did you use the "Home" button before?  I'm open to consideration on bringing it back.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I also want to report that it is now difficult to find your own timeline and not possible to switch from another user's profile to their timeline, since they are no longer linked.

I found our timeline only by clicking "Immigration Timelines" on the top menu of the VisaJourney home page, then clicking "Edit/Add My Entry" under Timeline Functions on the US Visa & USCIS Immigration Timelines page.

That opens the timelines login page; however, now I have to enter my email address and click "Edit/Add My Entry" to log into my timeline. When I finally get into it, it says "Welcome Back.." However, at the bottom of the timeline it says: "We could not detect if you are a VisaJourney member. If you are and want to autolink your timeline to your member profile you can manually enter your member number here (your # is listed on your member profile page and may all ready be filled in if you have previously entered it):" 

I do see that my member number is autopopulated, but when I click "Submit Changes" my timeline is still not linked to my user profile, and I have to find it/log into it the same way described, above.  Also, I do not see my member number anywhere on my profile or settings page.  So had it not been autopopulating, I wouldn't have know it to try to link to my timeline.

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, khtak716 said:

I also want to report that it is now difficult to find your own timeline and not possible to switch from another user's profile to their timeline, since they are no longer linked.

I found our timeline only by clicking "Immigration Timelines" on the top menu of the VisaJourney home page, then clicking "Edit/Add My Entry" under Timeline Functions on the US Visa & USCIS Immigration Timelines page.

That opens the timelines login page; however, now I have to enter my email address and click "Edit/Add My Entry" to log into my timeline. When I finally get into it, it says "Welcome Back.." However, at the bottom of the timeline it says: "We could not detect if you are a VisaJourney member. If you are and want to autolink your timeline to your member profile you can manually enter your member number here (your # is listed on your member profile page and may all ready be filled in if you have previously entered it):" 

I do see that my member number is autopopulated, but when I click "Submit Changes" my timeline is still not linked to my user profile, and I have to find it/log into it the same way described, above.  Also, I do not see my member number anywhere on my profile or settings page.  So had it not been autopopulating, I wouldn't have know it to try to link to my timeline.

Both fixed. :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks so much!! :D

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

I hate that after I've read an entire thread in which I've posted, and then closed that thread, I cannot tell in the thread list that I posted in it. This used to be indicated by a little paperclip icon. This is no longer present. Please bring back this function.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

16 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

I hate that after I've read an entire thread in which I've posted, and then closed that thread, I cannot tell in the thread list that I posted in it. This used to be indicated by a little paperclip icon. This is no longer present. Please bring back this function.

I think it shows up as some kind of silly star shape now, but honestly it's so messy I haven't a clue. I'll just have to keep a mental tabulation now. Stuff is going to take some getting used to...

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 minute ago, yuna628 said:

I think it shows up as some kind of silly star shape now, but honestly it's so messy I haven't a clue. I'll just have to keep a mental tabulation now. Stuff is going to take some getting used to...

Cheers, yuna. I see it now. I can recall the last update, and how irritated I was by it, but eventually we all drank the Kool-Aid. I expect it's just a matter of time.

35 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Please bring back the "my content" option. I used that more than any other option to navigate the forums. It's a very quick and easy way to follow threads that you've posted in. Also, the "read the last new post" option is gone. Instead of being able to pick up where you left off in a thread, now you have to guess and sift through the thread to find your spot.

This is vvvv important when you are dealing with alpha males who seem to have sprung a leak... :lol:

5 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

This is vvvv important when you are dealing with alpha males who seem to have sprung a leak... :lol:

It's very common for alpha males to have clogged pipes. :lol:

Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

The old icon will come back... no worries.  I'll move that to my next up item :)!  I had to take a couple hours to catch up on sleep -- I'm back and rolling!

17 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

Leaking vodka tears happens at certain alpha male times of the month. :P

At any rate I'm sure it will get sorted, it's always a mess during migration, and often times there will be things left on the cutting room people were used to.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Teddy B said:

Please bring back the "my content" option. I used that more than any other option to navigate the forums. It's a very quick and easy way to follow threads that you've posted in. Also, the "read the last new post" option is gone. Instead of being able to pick up where you left off in a thread, now you have to guess and sift through the thread to find your spot.

It takes a long while, but if you go to Activity (at the very right in the blue bar on top), then "My Activity Stream" then "Content I Posted In"  you get what you want,  Yes, I would like an easier way too.

And if you click on the little folder icon to the left of a thread, it will take you to the first unread post.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

On 12/30/2016 at 5:33 PM, Penguin_ie said:

It takes a long while, but if you go to Activity (at the very right in the blue bar on top), then "My Activity Stream" then "Content I Posted In"  you get what you want,  Yes, I would like an easier way too.

And if you click on the little folder icon to the left of a thread, it will take you to the first unread post.

Thanks Penguin!

I figured out a way you can customize and save an "activity stream" to show up however you want. If you click on the "unread content" option at the top right of the page, it opens a window where you can customize what content is shown. After you have the settings where you want them, you then click on "save as new stream". A little window opens up and you can name the new stream anything you want. This new stream will automatically be saved in the "activity" category under "my activity streams. It is an extra click or two to get there, but once you have it customized, it will show the content like the old board did.