232 posts in this topic

Guides are completely empty: http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/

Example immigration forms also empty: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

K Visa FAQ has PHP syntax errors: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm/

The Spoiler tag no longer works (my signature)

Edited by zilchfox

Under Activity Stream, when I click on "Content I Posted In", it's completely blank, yet there have been new posts in the thread. 

Also, when I search for a thread that I know exists, it states it does not exist (specifically I-751 May 2016 Filers).

The main display area is way too narrow now compared to in the past where it used to be pretty wide.  Now everywhere shifts down due to narrow display area.

The side bar is wider than it needs to be and taking a lot of screen area.

Additionally, on both sides of the screen, I see blank white areas on this page where in the past, this is where that screen area was covered with VJ contents like any other page.  

4 minutes ago, onek said:

The main display area is way too narrow now compared to in the past where it used to be pretty wide.  Now everywhere shifts down due to narrow display area.

The side bar is wider than it needs to be and taking a lot of screen area.

Additionally, on both sides of the screen, I see blank white areas on this page where in the past, this is where that screen area was covered with VJ contents like any other page.  

I agree with the main message area being too small. It should be widened.

Also, why are the "Latest VJ member approvals" (right hand column) showing up on every page now?

Seems as with any site update there are still some things that still hasn't migrated (no pun). Guides and subscribed content users have posted in are still missing.

Also, the layout has changed obviously. Users may have to go into their browser settings to adjust. For example, in Google Chrome you can change the zoom. So if the layout is to big or too small you can adjust it that way.

I don't know if this is showing up for others, but when you click on the Guides or any of the top link/non-forum pages, it has some lines of code that say this at the top:

include ("/home/spalik/public_html/includes/mobile-detect/Mobile_Detect.php"); = new Mobile_Detect; if( () && !() ) { =<<< EOPAGE2

EOPAGE3; =<<< EOPAGE4 EOPAGE4; } =<<< EOPAGE1

The search index is rebuilding.  It may take up to 24 hours to be complete.

Noted on all the code'ish type items (and empty pages).  I'll try to have most of that fixed today but it will take time (manual fixes).  Over the next few days things should shape up much better.

Sorry for the glitches -- keep letting me know what you see in case I missed it (or just haven't gotten to it so I can prioritize).

Is there a way to access the "View New Content in VisaJourney" that used to exist at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums ?

This was useful for seeing a full page of recent posts at once and clicking through a few pages' worth. Currently there is a small column of text on the right-hand side of the new design that lists some posts but it's much more limited.

8 minutes ago, jxn said:

Is there a way to access the "View New Content in VisaJourney" that used to exist at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums ?

This was useful for seeing a full page of recent posts at once and clicking through a few pages' worth. Currently there is a small column of text on the right-hand side of the new design that lists some posts but it's much more limited.

I think this link is supposed to replace that old one:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/discover/unread/

10 minutes ago, onek said:

I used to get notification alerts in the top Notification section of the page for pages that I'm following if someone posts new messages, but I'm not getting those anymore unless someone quotes me.  

I can enable that.... done.

I'm having problems uploading photos. It says "You are only allowed to upload 10.24kb." every time I try to post a picture/screenshot, despite the fact that the picture I want to post isn't that large?