MarkPerry

Why Does Obama hate Israel

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well trump will fix it no doubt!

Sure wish Obama hated me enough to give me $38B!!!

JERUSALEM It was billed by President Obama as the single largest pledge of military assistance in U.S. history, a gift from the American taxpayer to the Israeli taxpayer, totaling $38 billion over 10 years, complete with squadrons of F-35 fighter jets.

But in Israel, the deal inked in Washington last week between the closest of allies has been met not with big love, but with mostly meh a collective So what?

Leaders in the Israeli defense establishment said the deal should have ushered in a new era of cooperation, but did not. They said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in his mutual antagonism with Obama, blew it. Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak called the pact for the most advanced weaponry ever a failure and a sign of the withering relationship between the United States and Israel.

Several defense analysts pointed out that, after factoring in inflation and previous supplemental bumps in funding for Israel by Congress, the new assistance package represents less money than the past 10-year deal.

[israel, U.S. sign massive military aid package]

Yair Lapid, a leader of a centrist party who is itching to run for prime minister himself, has been withering in his criticism. He warned that the White House demand in the pact that Israel buy military hardware from U.S. contractors and not the Israeli defense industry would backfire.

The United States may end up giving us $38 billion, Lapid said last month. But the only thing Israelis will remember from the deal is the unemployment line in the nations economically hard-pressed cities.

The Israeli media also has piled on, some focused on whether Netanyahu could have, should have, gotten more money if he hadnt spent the past two years feuding with the White House over the Iran nuclear deal.One pundit at the Haartez newspaper insisted that the aid was not aid at all but a boon to the U.S. defense industries. The United States should thank high-tech Israel for testing faulty U.S. weapons systems in the field, the writer said ignoring the fact that in the past 10 years the only enemy the Israel Defense Forces have fought is the Islamist militant movement Hamas in the Gaza Strip, whose militia makes rockets in garages and lacks an air defense system.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/some-israelis-see-38-billion-us-military-aid-offer-as-a-failure/2016/09/19/2a2c298c-f878-4213-8e65-fcde59032f4c_story.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

As an Israeli, I never thought nor do I currently believe Obama hates Israel. I do think he has some wrong perceptions about the middle east, just like some in the forum...but I don't think he does anything out of malice. I do enjoy, however, watching people like Huckabee and the likes on fox being more pro-Israel than even the average Israeli lol

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Obama's inner circle loves them some Iran.   Valerie Jarrett, I am sure has a lot to do with this nonsense.   

Personally I am just tired of the Israel/"Palestinian" nonsense.    Let them fight it out to the death.   Then whoever wins gets to set terms.    

The world is better off if Israel is in charge.    The "Palestinians" can't be trusted ....   they elect terrorists as their leaders.  And use their women and children as shields.    

When are we finally going to just say the "palestianins" are savages and deserve zero respect or assistance.   

6 hours ago, OriZ said:

As an Israeli, I never thought nor do I currently believe Obama hates Israel. I do think he has some wrong perceptions about the middle east, just like some in the forum...but I don't think he does anything out of malice. I do enjoy, however, watching people like Huckabee and the likes on fox being more pro-Israel than even the average Israeli lol

me too. you know why they're so pro israel though. it has nothing to do with the safety and protection israelis and everything to do with getting on with the second coming..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
47 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

probably whenever it's okay to dehumanize based on bigotry. love how you say youre so tired of the conflict just let them just kill each other off and then go on to label palestinians as savages who deserve zero respect or assistance. very astute trump-speak, bravo.

When they stop choosing terrorists to lead them is when they stop being savages.   

Please don't make it out that the "palestianians" are some charity case.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
8 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Obama's inner circle loves them some Iran.   Valerie Jarrett, I am sure has a lot to do with this nonsense.   

Personally I am just tired of the Israel/"Palestinian" nonsense.    Let them fight it out to the death.   Then whoever wins gets to set terms.    

The world is better off if Israel is in charge.    The "Palestinians" can't be trusted ....   they elect terrorists as their leaders.  And use their women and children as shields.    

When are we finally going to just say the "palestianins" are savages and deserve zero respect or assistance.   

The situation over there is alot more complex than most, on both sides, are willing to realize. It really is a quagmire. I find myself often playing devil's advocate with people because in some ways some non-jews I know(like even my wife) at times will be more pro-Israel than I am. And I will end up giving the Palestinian side. But there truly are two sides. And there are many aspects of the conflict that the left refuses to see, that are in Israel's favor. The opposite is also true. I truly believe it is a complicated situation that will more than likely not be solved in my life time. No, Israel is not the devil some make it out to be. Neither are the Palestinians. While I do not and have not supported most settlements since I was about 13(although I do differentiate the rest of the west bank from east jerusalem which has been annexed), I also do not agree with resolutions like the recent UN one. I completely agree with Trump's comments about the UN(in fact I have believed that as well since I was about 13). I will not be opposed to some serious defunding/abolishing/overhauling/restructuring to make it relevant again because clearly, when the worst human rights violators in the world get to condemn another country more than the rest of them combined there is something wrong there.

At the end of the day I believe Obama tried to do the right thing but I think it backfired and rightfully so. My wife has some pretty pro-Israel friends on FB. One of them was all up in arms about the Kerry speech and him saying that Israel can't be Jewish and democratic. I was on the road and my wife calls me and tells me about it. My response was well I obviously don't know exactly what he said because I didn't get to see or hear it myself, but, chances are it's the same thing we've all known for a long time now. There are 4 options - ya either kick people out which can't be done in the 21st century. Or you continue in the same situation which hardly exists anymore anywhere in the world. Or, you end up with two states which is the preferred solution but right now BOTH sides make it difficult to achieve. Or, you give all the Palestinians the same rights as other Israelis in a one state situation. If you decide to have one state but don't give them the same rights you are de-facto an apartheid state. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that is where we are now, and I vehemently disagree with anybody on the left who sees it that way, they obviously have a flawed understanding of the situation as it stands and of what apartheid really actually is. Currently, Palestinians are not part of the state of Israel so different laws apply and they have a completely different status. The Arabs who are Israeli citizens enjoy the same rights and there is definitely no apartheid applied towards them. It is also crucial to understand that technically, the territories cannot be considered as "occupied" so the geneva convention which the left likes to flaunt does not apply. The territories can be considered no more than disputed because they were not actually occupied from a previous owner. They were occupied from Egypt and Jordan who were occupiers themselves. Nobody actually legally owned the land after the British. So there is no apartheid but could it happen in the future under certain circumstances? Sure. So when I explained that that is probably what he meant, that if a two state solution was probably no more viable, and we end up with one state, but with millions of people who do not have the same right Israel will have a choice - to either be a Jewish state, or a democratic one. I literally had to explain it one sentence at a time while driving so she could write it to her friend. That is what I mean by devil's advocate.

Contrary to what some on the left say it is not entirely on Israel that there has not been an agreement yet. It is also not completely on the Palestinians. As someone who's lived there most of my life I do humbly believe I have a better perspective on where both sides are coming from than most people do. The truth is not all on one side, be it whichever side you choose. And again, UN resolutions sponsored primarily by dictatorships will do nothing to solve the problem, they will only make it worse. So will groups such as BDS. It does nothing but create antagonism amongst Israelis who will be willing to listen to these people even less as time goes by. 

3 hours ago, smilesammich said:

me too. you know why they're so pro israel though. it has nothing to do with the safety and protection israelis and everything to do with getting on with the second coming..

Yeah, I get that. I do think though that some of them do have a genuine love for Israel and the Jewish people. And some have the opposite end of Obama and the left's misconceptions(see my reply right above).

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

4 hours ago, smilesammich said:

probably whenever it's okay to dehumanize based on bigotry. love how you say youre so tired of the conflict just let them just kill each other off and then go on to label palestinians as savages who deserve zero respect or assistance. very astute trump-speak, bravo.

I hate it when people dehumanize based on bigotry.  Signed you favorite deplorable clinging to his guns and Bible