ilsbird83

Evidence of bonafide marriage

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife and I have our AOS interview soon. We are adjusting from a K1 Fiance Visa. I was in the process of gathering documents and evidences as the list indicates in the AOS interview letter we received. However, I have no bills or rental/lease for which I am responsible for. The main reason is i live with my parents as part of a joint family system and have been living with my parents since birth. So me and my wife live with my parents and will continue to do so. So in this case, the only joint items I can provide is bank accounts, credit card , health/life insurance benefits from my job along with of course photos and travel documents we showing we traveled together. And my parents are both writing a letter which state that me and my wife live with them and will be continuing to do so for the future.

Secondly, i just changed employers and the employer that I listed in her initial application is not current anymore. Therefore, do i need to take my new job offer letter only or I have to fill out another i-864 out for my new employer. Also since i did take a pay cut with the new job and I am having my father also provide a I-864 as a joint sponsor. Any other suggestions and tips would be appreciated. Happy Holidays.

My wife and I have our AOS interview soon. We are adjusting from a K1 Fiance Visa. I was in the process of gathering documents and evidences as the list indicates in the AOS interview letter we received. However, I have no bills or rental/lease for which I am responsible for. The main reason is i live with my parents as part of a joint family system and have been living with my parents since birth. So me and my wife live with my parents and will continue to do so. So in this case, the only joint items I can provide is bank accounts, credit card , health/life insurance benefits from my job along with of course photos and travel documents we showing we traveled together. And my parents are both writing a letter which state that me and my wife live with them and will be continuing to do so for the future.

Secondly, i just changed employers and the employer that I listed in her initial application is not current anymore. Therefore, do i need to take my new job offer letter only or I have to fill out another i-864 out for my new employer. Also since i did take a pay cut with the new job and I am having my father also provide a I-864 as a joint sponsor. Any other suggestions and tips would be appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Take everything you have and, given your living situation, have you parents sign an affidavit explaining you living situation like you planned.

You will need a new I-864 for your new job.

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Timeline

Take everything you have and, given your living situation, have you parents sign an affidavit explaining you living situation like you planned.

Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate the advice. Wish you and your case a speedy success and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the advice and tip. Now that you have answered my question, i have another. I will fill out a new I-864 for my new job and the new salary is not below the poverty guidelines but just barely above. However, my father who of course lives in the same house as we are joint family system, is supporting me and wants to provide a affadavit of support for my application as my income is at the bare minimum. So does he fill out a I-864 as well, or he just fills out a I-864A to go with my new I-864. Thank you my friend and Happy New Year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.