MOE1997

Got denied entry pursuant to 212(a) (7) (a) (i) (I)

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I absolutely agree with him/her. Getting a k1 visa or a CR1 is relatively easy but now you have in your record that you overstayed, you literally were deported and on top of that you have a "charge" of working without authorization.

Any CO at the embassy will think you are just desperate to come back to the US even though you have a real relationship. If I were you I would definitely take the advice and have somebody to pack your stuff or get a really really good lawyer.

Do you know if you have a ban? usually people who goes through deportation gets a ban that can go from 5, 10 years to a lifetime. If you have a ban in your record, I wouldn't even spend any money in a lawyer

op was not deported

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

op was not deported

But if he had been.....

Good job that the ToS does not require you to read the thread before posting, the Mod's would be very busy.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

But if he had been.....

Good job that the ToS does not require you to read the thread before posting, the Mod's would be very busy.

op was not deported

"Long story short, he found me inadmissible pursuant to 212 (a) (7) (a) (i) (I) as an intending immigrant. And then he allowed me to withdraw my application for admission and sent me back home at the same time on the next flight"

Maybe my english sucks but If you are not allow to enter the US at the POE and you are being send home I think is deportation. Voluntary deportation.

Am I wrong?

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

No, the officer allowed OP to voluntarily withdrew his application. He was not deported.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

No, the officer allowed OP to voluntarily withdrew his application. He was not deported.

Just for learning purposes...what's the difference between a voluntary withdrew and voluntary deportation?

thank you!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Just for learning purposes...what's the difference between a voluntary withdrew and voluntary deportation?

thank you!

basically VW is like getting to the border and saying 'oops changed my mind' and going home. the opposite is them sending you home

I think it's worth trying to apply for a student visa for Canada if that is what you really want. I've read about a girl on here who was in a similar situation. She was caught working on her student visa and CBP found out at the POE and sent her back home (voluntary departure). She applied for a student visa in Canada and I think she also got it.

thank you!

I don't think there's such a thing as voluntary deportation. When you're deported it's enforced and results in a ban. In OP's case the officer gave him a chance to walk away without a lengthy ban.

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved

Timeline

I don't think there's such a thing as voluntary deportation. When you're deported it's enforced and results in a ban. In OP's case the officer gave him a chance to walk away without a lengthy ban.

look up voluntary departure. it's a thing.

Got it- thanks :)

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved

I'm so sorry about what happened to you, reading this made me want to cry... I just want to say that we are only given stuff in life that we can handle. You can get through this, may be you need this experience to get prepared for some other situations that you'll encounter later, who knows. But you will definitely come out of it as a stronger person. Smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. When i look back at my life and those situations when i thought "the worst has happened", it always turned out to be for the best. For example, if i didn't lose a job (and it was a very bad time to lose that job...) i wound never meet my husband. Saying this, may be you'll have a brighter future if you actually study in Canada? May be you'll meet great friends in Canada, great professors that you'd never meet in US? It's a chance to live in a new country, you already lived in US (and still may come back in a few years if you and your gf decide to get married for example), now it's time to try something different.

Also what i say to myself, things could be a lot worse. You and your gf are alive and generally healthy (i hope), that's the most important. Unless you are in a coffin, there is always a solution.

Citizenship:

09/15/2020 - Filed online. Estimated completion given - July 2021 (10 months).

January 2021 - biometric reuse letter

April 2021 - interview scheduled

24/05/2021 - Interview (approved)

Passport:

July 23 - applied, expedited service

August 11 - received the passport

Aug. 16 (approximately) - received passport card

August 20 - received citizenship certificate back

Story of my almost 3 years long pending AOS - click below for details

Spoiler

• March 10 2015 - USCIS received i-130/i-485
  • March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • June 27 2016 - After Infopass, went to senator Durbin office in Chicago.
  • July 8 2016 - Went to Mike Quigley office.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 17 2016: Filed Ombudsman.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • July 29 2016: Sent another useless SR just because.
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: called the supervisor, no answer.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 19 2016: sent a letter to the director of Chicago Field Office.
  • November 22 2016: sent Service Request about i-485 (Lol[2])
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • Jan 27 - sent a service request regarding I-130.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • March 10 2017 - 2 years AOS anniversary...wow. 
  • March 31 - The response to the noid is received by uscis!
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 3:  biometrics
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 
  • December 14: Called uscis, tier 2 officer told me that the case is approved.
  • December 18: Received Approval notice (Dated December 12)

Long story short:
After the initial interview we received:

1) a RFE asking for the same papers again,

2) then were asked to come to the 2nd interview that went fine of course, 

3) then a NOID that was full of mistakes.

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

I am thinking of letting her ship them to me. What I meant is that we haven't known each other for long so it may not be a good idea to get married now. However, I really can't cope with not seeing her anymore. Also my friends at the US.

We all know that long distance relationship never last. They rarely do. So what is the smart decision for me to do?

PS. I really appreciate everyone who replied so far

most of us here are living proof that long distance relationships do last if real

As other mentioned I was not deported, the CBP officer allowed me to withdraw my application for admission. And told me I have no ban.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, however every night I can not sleep and/or stop thinking about what happened, how stupid I am and what have I done to myself. I realize that day by day my situation get even worse. I even had suicidal thoughts at some point. 

I really can't stand my life right now and just want to have at least some very little hope that I can return to the US. At this point, I don't know if I can get issued a tourist visa? Sure it is a non-immigrant visa, but maybe I have a chance at getting it if I can provide significant ties to my home country? If that is right, can anyone please tell me what good evidence do I need to get a tourist visa in the near future? 

Is a car in my name, enrolled in school, have return tickets etc enough? Or this past immigrant intent screwed up all my chances and only immigrant visas are there for me? As you all know am still young and it is hard to prove strong ties to my country and am really upset................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All you can do is apply and find out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

1 hour ago, MOE1997 said:

Is a car in my name, enrolled in school, have return tickets etc enough? Or this past immigrant intent screwed up all my chances and only immigrant visas are there for me? As you all know am still young and it is hard to prove strong ties to my country and am really upset................

Return tickets won't necessarily matter. Significant assets in the US would likely count against you because it means you can just comfortably settle here. And being enrolled in school in the US while applying for a tourist visa is a bad idea as it is a violation of visa rules.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.