iceman1987

Officer took my green card at the naturalization interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! So I went to the n-400 interview about 2 weeks ago. And the officer said I passed and gave me a piece of paper that looks like an approval notice. But he took my green card. I received my oath ceremony notice and one of the things to bring at the ceremony is the green card. But the officer already took my green card at the interview. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

Sounds like he/she forgot to give you back. You can try to contact your local office and ask for her contact information.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone! So I went to the n-400 interview about 2 weeks ago. And the officer said I passed and gave me a piece of paper that looks like an approval notice. But he took my green card. I received my oath ceremony notice and one of the things to bring at the ceremony is the green card. But the officer already took my green card at the interview. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

That's weird. They collect GCs at the oath ceremony, I wonder why the officer took it at the interview. Do you have time to do an infopass?

Timeline

Thanks for the replies! The officer told me that he's gonna get my greencard and he gave me that piece of paper that says approved. And he said to make sure i bring that paper to the oath ceremony.

Was that Form N-652 Naturalization Interview Result form? If so, everybody gets that form regardless of the interview result.

Did he put a note on that paper that he confiscated your GC?

Timeline

Yeah that one! No he did not write anything on the paper about getting my green card..

I'd make an infopass asap just to be safe.

You know that GC is still the official evidence of your LPR status until you take the oath. If you needed to travel internationally between now and your oath date, CBP wouldn't care about that interview result form.

When is your oath date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.