rhonaC

I-130 application is rejected!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone

I'm so bummed out. I received my I-130 application along with my money order and the rest of my requirements back in the mailbox today. USCIS sent it back due to incomplete application!--yeah it was my fault and was in a rush to send it 2 weeks ago so I won't have to pay the new fees after 24th of 2015 but here I am start over again! oh well!

Anyway's according to the letter they returned it due to incomplete application which I forgot to write down my mother birth date which is very important! and they want me to send it back along with all the required documents, appropriate fees.

My questions is--Do I have to fill out another I-130 form or do I just have to finish the form that they sent back to me and finish it up? after completed is there any delays of this application since it was rejected and resubmitted? the payment method--it was $420 old fees do i have to get another money order to complete the appropriate fees? sorry guys I'm just so disappointed about this process and It is my own fault! thank you so much for all your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you sure the mom's birthdate is the only thing missing? That would normally cause an RFE, not the complete rejection. Double check you included everything else needed, as listed in our Guide.

Yes, a new money order must be sent for the new fee- once submitted, your petition will have a normal processing, previous rejection won;t slow down the new one.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you sure the mom's birthdate is the only thing missing? That would normally cause an RFE, not the complete rejection. Double check you included everything else needed, as listed in our Guide.

Yes, a new money order must be sent for the new fee- once submitted, your petition will have a normal processing, previous rejection won;t slow down the new one.

yeah It stated in the notice I-797C that ( application/petition has not been fully completed one of the following field is not completed: - Your Alien Relative's Date of Birth )

It would cause a rejection because if he is filing petition for his mom, they cannot process (enter it in the system) without her birthday. It would be no different if he did not put his birthday - they cannot begin to evaluate it to see if something else trivial is missing for an RFE...

And I believe Penguin_ie is right.. yes- new money order with new fees unfortunately

My K1 Timeline:
01/11/2012.....I-129F Petition sent
01/17/2012.....NOA1
06/28/2012.....NOA2
07/02/2012.....NVC receive
07/06/2012.....Left NVC
07/19/2012.....Consulate receive
07/19/2012.....Packet 3
08/21/2012.....Interview - APPROVED
08/22/2012.....K1 visa issued
08/30/2012.....POE Dallas

My AOS Timeline:
09/26/2012.....Marriage
10/22/2012.....I-485 AOS together with I-131 AP and I-765 EAD application sent
11/06/2012.....NOA I-485/I-131/I-765
12/06/2012.....Biometrics appointment
12/28/2012.....EAD/AP approved
01/07/2013.....Combo Card EAD/AP received

08/09/2013.....Interview - APPROVED

08/17/2013.....Conditional Green Card received

My ROC Timeline:
05/11/2015.....Mailed I-751
05/21/2015.....NOA1

06/15/2015.....Biometrics appointment

11/02/2015.....Green Card APPROVED (no interview)

11/09/2015.....Green Card received

My Naturalization Timeline:

05/16/2016......Mailed N-400

05/21/2016......NOA1

06/07/2016......Biometrics appointment

01/23/2017......Interview - APPROVED

02/14/2017......Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It would cause a rejection because if he is filing petition for his mom, they cannot process (enter it in the system) without her birthday.

Ah yes, I thought this was a spousal case for some reason, my mistake!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.