dean1492

Help on my 3rd, the 2nd never made it to USA.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Make a cover letter and include your letter somewhere behind the I-129 form or under your relationship evidence as a

timeline of your relationship(s). Write in there why you think you made the right choice this time.

Include a separate short paragraph on another page requesting a waiver for multiple filings.
It is a very simple thing to do. This is your 3rd petition so you need a waiver request.

The NOA1 is received date, not approval date, it has to be 2 years from the last approval date, the NOA2.

Send copies of all prior NOA's and withdrawal letter.

Front load your next petition with quality relationship evidence.

Here is one of many threads with waiver request samples >>>>> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/229991-waiver-letter-for-2nd-k1-visa/

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Just as a separate sheet with the same info from part 14 from the I129F I would type it and print it if you can.

One of the questions they ask you on the application is whether or not you filed a petition before. Just answer yes or no and give the dates and types or any information they ask about it and nothing more. If you did they will find out the specifics through their investigation. If they want more info let them ask. Do not volunteer any more information than is necessary. Thats how some people raise more questions. You think that you are offering an explanation but really you can be digging yourself into a hole. If they want to deny you because of simply having filed the two previous petitions then a letter will not matter much anyway, which I do not think is the case.

I disagree. Being open and transparent from the beginning with USCIS by writing a relationship timeline

is good to do. The CO then can not say "USCIS was not aware of this information so I have to send it back."

Once USCIS has seen it all in a front loaded petition with relationship timeline it will be in your favor.

Of course the CO could still have issues with it and return it but not for the reason of "USCIS did not see this or that."

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I disagree. Being open and transparent from the beginning with USCIS by writing a relationship timeline

is good to do. The CO then can not say "USCIS was not aware of this information so I have to send it back."

Once USCIS has seen it all in a front loaded petition with relationship timeline it will be in your favor.

Of course the CO could still have issues with it and return it but not for the reason of "USCIS did not see this or that."

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am on my 3rd petition as well and the 2 previous both are citizens now. No problems thus far. No timeline or anything. Just answered the questions. Maybe as a public administrator I have a different understanding of how the government works.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am on my 3rd petition as well and the 2 previous both are citizens now. No problems thus far. No timeline or anything. Just answered the questions. Maybe as a public administrator I have a different understanding of how the government works.

You may have a different understanding but I can speak from experience that a previous filing followed us all the way

into the AOS interview with a stokes for an hour each asking about my previous petition that happened 10 years ago.

Not to mention that the general consensus on VJ is to write a timeline and one of the reasons being this exact

circumstance. Unless you work as an IO or CO your opinion as a public administrator is not relevant.

Apples and oranges.

Different CO's have different thoughts and will exercise their power of discretion differently, reach a conclusion and want USCIS

to consider something they see so they return the case.

If a timeline is written it will clarify things for the CO and he likely decides USCIS has seen this already, no reason for a return.

OP would likely be asked why he thinks a third time is a charm. USCIS will have already seen it.

You may not have had a problem yet but that doesn't mean you will not or others will not have a problem.

We had a stokes with the embassy (with me on the phone) and at AOS and everything centered on an approved

10 year old petition and the person never even made it here.

Understand that just because you had no problem so far does not mean OP won't and a timeline narrating his current

relationship and touching on the previous relationships is strongly advised even by immigration attorneys.

The letter can not be any rambling but a clear precise overview from all petitions with names, dates and case numbers.

No embassy will take 3 petitions lightly. Not even yours.

Spoiler

Timeline

You may have a different understanding but I can speak from experience that a previous filing followed us all the way

into the AOS interview with a stokes for an hour each asking about my previous petition that happened 10 years ago.

Not to mention that the general consensus on VJ is to write a timeline and one of the reasons being this exact

circumstance. Unless you work as an IO or CO your opinion as a public administrator is not relevant.

Apples and oranges.

Different CO's have different thoughts and will exercise their power of discretion differently, reach a conclusion and want USCIS

to consider something they see so they return the case.

If a timeline is written it will clarify things for the CO and he likely decides USCIS has seen this already, no reason for a return.

OP would likely be asked why he thinks a third time is a charm. USCIS will have already seen it.

You may not have had a problem yet but that doesn't mean you will not or others will not have a problem.

We had a stokes with the embassy (with me on the phone) and at AOS and everything centered on an approved

10 year old petition and the person never even made it here.

Understand that just because you had no problem so far does not mean OP won't and a timeline narrating his current

relationship and touching on the previous relationships is strongly advised even by immigration attorneys.

The letter can not be any rambling but a clear precise overview from all petitions with names, dates and case numbers.

No embassy will take 3 petitions lightly. Not even yours.

He has to do that anyway when he requests the waiver. As for the other part of your message you are not a IO or CO either. This is a subjective process all depending on who gets your case in their hands. There is another forum beside VJ where the posters are former IOs and that was the advice they gave, less is more. You have your sources I have mine. In the end it's their decision to make ultimately so I will not get all worked up. Do you even know what a public administrator is? Well all COs and IOs and even the president is a public administrator so Oranges and apples I think not. I do not want to argue as previously stated I will agree to disagree. Good luck to the OP on your journey...

Just as a separate sheet with the same info from part 14 from the I129F I would type it and print it if you can.

One of the questions they ask you on the application is whether or not you filed a petition before. Just answer yes or no and give the dates and types or any information they ask about it and nothing more. If you did they will find out the specifics through their investigation. If they want more info let them ask. Do not volunteer any more information than is necessary. Thats how some people raise more questions. You think that you are offering an explanation but really you can be digging yourself into a hole. If they want to deny you because of simply having filed the two previous petitions then a letter will not matter much anyway, which I do not think is the case.

Generally, yes. Less is more. But there's also merit to front loading if you suspect there might be issues or flags. Most critically, the CO cannot recommend rejecting the visa based on information available (and correct) at the time the petition was approved. For instance, not including a document in the packet that they later request at the interview means they can deny based on information in that document. Whereas if you provided it initially and it was approved, then they cannot reject based upon that document.

On the flip side, giving them 500 pages of documentation means they 1) are more likely to miss the important/relevant information and request more via RFEs, and 2) can use any of the provided information against you.

So, it really depends on the specifics on whether it's better to provide more information than is initially requested or not.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

He has to do that anyway when he requests the waiver. As for the other part of your message you are not a IO or CO either. This is a subjective process all depending on who gets your case in their hands. There is another forum beside VJ where the posters are former IOs and that was the advice they gave, less is more. You have your sources I have mine. In the end it's their decision to make ultimately so I will not get all worked up. Do you even know what a public administrator is? Well all COs and IOs and even the president is a public administrator so Oranges and apples I think not. I do not want to argue as previously stated I will agree to disagree. Good luck to the OP on your journey...

What are you talking about he has to do that anyway when requests a waiver ?

He does have to request a waiver because it is his 3. filing no matter if the gap is 2 years or more, 3. filing requires a waiver

and that is precisely what I said in my post.

He is however not required to write a relationship timeline but it is a good idea to do, what are you disputing ?

First you disagree with me advising the timeline letter and now you are saying he has to do it anyway.

Both times you were wrong.

You have given incorrect advice several times on VJ and people who give incorrect advice are corrected as not to

confuse the OP.

Of course it is subjective all depending who gets the case and that is also what I said, some CO's will return the case.

Why not clear that point with front loading it to USCIS when given the chance. Where is the dispute here ?

When filing his 3. K1 he must request the waiver with the I-129.

I am not talking about sending 10.000 pages of chat fillers, I am talking about a relationship timeline to explain

what went wrong with the previous relationships and why this one is different on one page, a very important part of

multiple I-129 filers for a K1, different rules for CR1's. Nothing excessive about it.

As to your condescending question do I know what a public administrator is, you are a public servant that is being paid

with my taxes, you are not an immigration officer and therefore your job skill is irrelevant to this topic.

I hardly think you can compare your skills to the tasks of a CO and IO and certainly not the president who wouldn't have a clue

himself about any timeline either by the way.

Ever so often someone working for the gov in a completely different agency

thinks they have more insight into the immigration process and that is just not true.

So yes, lots of different fruit, apples and oranges.

I don't want to argue either, I find it counter productive to let wrong advice fly by without addressing it.

From the I-129F instructions > http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

2. What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?

You must apply for a filing limitations waiver if any of the following apply:

a. You have previously filed K-1 petitions for two or more beneficiaries; or

b. You previously had a K-1 petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since the filing date of such previously

approved petition.

Spoiler

Timeline

I'll take a note that it's the NOA-2 instead.

Doesn't matter, for the third I-129 petition you will need a waiver request no matter how long between the last and

next one.

Spoiler

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doesn't matter, for the third I-129 petition you will need a waiver request no matter how long between the last and

next one.

When I do my I-129F petition, and check the box MULTIPLE FILER, is that the correct way to do it.. And wright a explanation ....it just goes along with my app, right?

Timeline

Enter 'front load petition' into the VJ search bar to find many threads about it. While the PI is an easy peasy embassy,

3 filings will raise an eye brow there too and that is why I advise to front load your third petition to USCIS.

Spoiler

Timeline

When I do my I-129F petition, and check the box MULTIPLE FILER, is that the correct way to do it.. And wright a explanation ....it just goes along with my app, right?

Yes.

I am talking about 2 different letters, one page each.

One is writing the waiver request itself ( I posted a link to the thread containing an example one earlier).

The other is a relationship timeline narrating your current relationship and touching on the past 2 relationships and how

you think this time it is different and why you think it will work out.

A multiple filer waiver request is not a form to fill out, it is a short paragraph asking for a waiver, that is all.

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Enter 'front load petition' into the VJ search bar to find many threads about it. While the PI is an easy peasy embassy,

3 filings will raise an eye brow there too and that is why I advise to front load your third petition to USCIS.

Front loading a petition for the most part refers to evidence showing a legitimate ongoing relationship. Not talking about your former Fiances and spouses. In this instance I would go with geowrian's approach of less is more. As long as the OPs current relationship is strong, the CO may not even care what happened beforehand. Concentrating on the positive is the way to go here. Otherwise you risk the danger of opening Pandora's box when not intending to.

Be prepared to answer any questions regarding the 2 past relationships for sure. But don't offer any explanations up front.

Timeline

Front loading a petition for the most part refers to evidence showing a legitimate ongoing relationship. Not talking about your former Fiances and spouses. In this instance I would go with geowrian's approach of less is more. As long as the OPs current relationship is strong, the CO may not even care what happened beforehand. Concentrating on the positive is the way to go here. Otherwise you risk the danger of opening Pandora's box when not intending to.

Be prepared to answer any questions regarding the 2 past relationships for sure. But don't offer any explanations up front.

Now this is exactly what I was saying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.