AldyBella

K1 Visa interview appointment

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The letter states, "please submit an affidavit of support(Form I-134) together with any supporting documents(generally a tax return or IRS transcript). Didnt specify number of years, but its safe to do last year and year before if you have. Its not as strict as the I864

The letter states, "please submit an affidavit of support(Form I-134) together with any supporting documents(generally a tax return or IRS transcript). Didnt specify number of years, but its safe to do last year and year before if you have. Its not as strict as the I864

Does it state how to submit them? And can anyone please share what the letter exactly says? Am wondering if you schedule the interview now, what abt the medical? How and when should it be done?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Does it state how to submit them? And can anyone please share what the letter exactly says? Am wondering if you schedule the interview now, what abt the medical? How and when should it be done?

Yes please share the letter in detail if you all don't mind. If not, is there any info about medicals?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes please share the letter in detail if you all don't mind. If not, is there any info about medicals?

it is four pages stapled together. First pages instruction and requirements for the visa applicant:

1.Fill out DS160

2. Visa application fee ($265)

3. Schedule interview(ustraveldocs.com

4. International passport.

Page 2 is interview preparation list and it states to put everything in order as shown:

passports

2 photographs (2x2 inches)

DS160 confirmation page

medical report

police certificate

foreign police certificate if lived in another country for one year or more AFTER age 16

birth certificate; original and one photocopy

death and divorce certificates

financial support

letter of intent to marry(signed within 30days if not sent with the I-129F application)

evidence of relationship

other documents(pertaining to any US immigration violations)

third page is medical examination information:

tests needed,binging medical results in sealed envelope.

attach appointment letter with interview date from ustraveldocs when going for medical.

fourth page is just FAQ's

Timeline

Please can someone take a screen shot of the letter they sent you. Do you really need to wait on the letter to schedule for an interview?

I can't answer that question. I am sure they have reasons for asking one to wait for that letter for proceeding. And the main points of the letter are what i have posted up above.

Please can someone take a screen shot of the letter they sent you. Do you really need to wait on the letter to schedule for an interview?

The letter has ur ds access code to fill the application. After u fill it ull get ds160!confirmation code to pay fee. On payment slip u have the code to access appointments portal. So u have to wait for your letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can't answer that question. I am sure they have reasons for asking one to wait for that letter for proceeding. And the main points of the letter are what i have posted up above.

Thanks so much for the information that you have provided. Very appreciated.

I hope everyone that is still waiting gets to hear from the Embassy very soon.

Hi

I received the same thing today too! It looks like Ghana may have changed their process which is great!

So my fiancé is now filling out the DS-160 form. Then I guess we pay then schedule online. I think this is packet 3.

I hope this is more efficient. It aligns with what other consulates do.

How long did it take for you to get the letter. Because when I emailed them they said they have mailed the applicant the appointment package on 07-Dec-2016. But she still hasn't gotten anything yet. Did you get your letter through the mailing address you put in your petition for the the beneficiary?

Timeline

Received letter from US embassy in Ghana just this evening. It doesn't state to bring the letter to receive packets. It just states what is needed for interview, where to PAY the visa fee. After that, I have to schedule the interview myself on ustraveldocs. The embassy doesn't make you come in for an appointment date for any Ghanaians awaiting this process. Unless they have just changed the process, can anyone shed light on the packets 3 and 4 because thats not what the instructions are in my letter.

Timeline

@AldyBella pls from the day USICS received your petition till the day you receive this letter how long has it been till now or how many months is it now? And pls did you receive the letter in your address in the states or Ghana?

Timeline

@AldyBella pls from the day USICS received your petition till the day you receive this letter how long has it been till now or how many months is it now? And pls did you receive the letter in your address in the states or Ghana?

I started this whole process on september 16,2016. that is when i mailed in the application. Received letter from Us embassy in Ghana yesterday, december 27,2016. So it has been roughly 3 and a half months. And with an interview date of jan 31, 2017 makes the whole process 4 and a half months for me.

I received the letter here in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.