Usagi_tsukino

Notice of intent to deny... what?!

246 posts in this topic

I already asked to drop that, but alright. What do you think i did? I only told her that in no way she will have enough reasons to deny us. And i was simply answering the questions, however i know that my feelings were written on my face. Anyway i did nothing to be called "an idiot". There is a difference between attitude and disrespect/racism/nationalism (in case of turban). Attitude towards a person based on how they treat you. And forgetting about people's case for a year knowing that their lives depend on it and not even apologizing for it is not the best way to treat people.

I really hope we are done here. I don't want to change the subject, i got the point of the most of you about how we always should be nice and everything.

I also thank those who said that i could be the reason, that was helpful.

I already asked to drop that, but alright. What do you think i did? I only told her that in no way she will have enough reasons to deny us. And i was simply answering the questions, however i know that my feelings were written on my face. Anyway i did nothing to be called "an idiot". There is a difference between attitude and disrespect/racism/nationalism (in case of turban). Attitude towards a person based on how they treat you. And forgetting about people's case for a year knowing that their lives depend on it and not even apologizing for it is not the best way to treat people.

I really hope we are done here. I don't want to change the subject, i got the point of the most of you about how we always should be nice and everything.

I also thank those who said that i could be the reason, that was helpful.

For the record: I NEVER called you an idiot. I'm out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No, Victor, i actually asked you a question without being sarcastic or anything. I just don't see how this [that we got together before his divorce was finalized] can make them think that our marriage is fake and was hoping you'll explain your point of view, and i still do, if you don't mind. May be they way i write "sound" mean to you? I don't mean anything like that, i promise. I do not think your opinion is invalid and do not disagree, i asked you all for your opinions to consider them.

Im really sorry you got this vibe, i did not mean anything like that.

You don't have to be sorry but I think for USCIS it's not only "fake marriage" concern. They consider a lot of things, and even if your marriage is legit it doesn't mean AOS will be approved. Unfortunately, USCIS can deny the application based on very different reasons, that's why I say you need to wait for the reason of denial. Like I mentioned, even living together with USC legally married to another immigrant may be a big red flag for USCIS, and it's not the only flag you have. I would say just wait, there is not much reasons to speculate about now, USCIS notice will clarify the situation better. All I can say (and what I mentioned in my last post) you have a few red/yellow flags for USCIS to look at and all together it may cause a denial because your case is not a straight forward, it has some serious bumps for USCIS.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The biggest problem is that USCIS doesn't have to prove anything. You have to prove that you're eligible for the privilege to get a GC. And if USCIS doesn't think you proved it enough, you will be denied. US residence/ctizenship is not a right, it's a privilege that has to be earned and proven by the applicant. If USCIS doesn't think you deserve it, you will be denied, even if it seems unfair.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

several posts removed for continuing to instigate drama.
one member thread banned.
post constructively or do not post.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I didnt see any thread on VJ about an RFE about a joint TV..? do you have a link where you posted about it? Its ok if you dont.

I can understand that you are really frustrated with how slow things are going. Theres really nothing I can say about that except try to keep it in perspective- you are together with your spouse, you are able to work, and you could travel (but I wouldnt recommend it because if a decision comes down and you are outside of the US you can get stuck outside). The USCIS just moves slow, like sllllloooooowwww. They have a different concept of time then the rest of us I suppose. Youll probably be married long enough for the 10yr card at this point which is great- but it also means since you arent going to do ROC that they are going to evaluate you a bit harder, well, maybe harder isnt the right word. Its almost like since the 2yr conditional point has passed they expect you to submit your 2yrs of roc type continuing bonafide evidence in the packet they consider when issuing the 10yr card.

So its not like people that get the 10yr card avoid showing all the roc type evidence- they just submit it all at once for review for the 10yr card instead of little evidence for a conditional card and then more evidence for a 10yr card.

Youre going to have a lot more evidence to sort through and its going to take longer. The weird rfe may have been related to getting more proof of the ongoing marriage towards getting the 10yr card and not the original submission which was for the conditional card (which has long gone).

--

But I dunno, many people date while "separated" but not legally divorced. Many people also wait until the last minute to finalize divorces so they can petition for their new partner. Its not an uncommon situation. The situation itself is not really enough to hold up as a denial reason. They would need something else to attach to it. Which is why I suggest speaking to the ex if at all possible to see if there was anything in her citizenship packet or interview about the marriage that may be causing an issue.

A lot of people do seem to find themselves in suspicious situations like having relationships overlapping and USCIS has no additional smoking gun yet they will hassle the couple to see if they shake them enough anything will come out. If thats the case then sadly you will just have to go with the process of appeals or motions or whatever your lawyer feels is the right path and just be persistent with your application until its approved.

Ive also heard of situations where a couple is hassled but they push through it and are successful. Later on its found out by one of the parties (either the USC or the immigrant) that there was something 'wrong' or secret that they didnt know about. It then makes a lot more sense looking back on why they were hassled. I dont think you need to obtain your own background checks- but have you suggested to your husband that perhaps you guys should? Someone with a ghost in their past will not want to go down that path. So if you bring it up and he is incredibly resistant- it could be an indication there is something there he doesnt want you to see. In a really odd way the 'hassling' is an attempt by USCIS to protect one of the parties from getting involved in a bad situation. Not everything they discover in their course of investigation is enough to be a bar to preventing benefits from being issued and not everything they discover is necessarily allowed to be presented to the couple if you understand what Im saying. To make a very extreme example if one party was OJ Simpson- accused of dv and murder but not convicted- well theres no conviction so theres no actionable course for USCIS to say hes a risk to the intended immigrant. USCIS cant ask OJ for stuff about a case he was cleared on and can not use it to say hes of poor moral character and likely in an illegit relationship now. The best they can do is hassle and deny and be petty and force the couple to fight for it with the hopes that the other party will wonder why such a fight and maybe the issue will come out.

This may not be your case- I really hope it isnt, but I am throwing it out there because it happens.

-

If you had a chance to read through the doc I linked you youll see how its broken down into weighing the negatives against the positives. Something solid needs to be in the negative side and it has to be more then just a feeling or speculation on their part for it to stand. Which means they may be able to 'bully' you around a bit but when/if it goes to appeals/court there has to be something solid for it to hold up.

Anyway- I hope you get your notice soon! Try to enjoy the rest of the holiday season, Im sure things will work out how they are suppose to in the end. :)

Should we add him to the electric bill now? Thats the only bill we pay. But isn't it too late and they can say "oh they just add him now not 3 years before..."

In both our names: lease, 3 bank accounts.

We do not have a car/life insurance

And they don't need mine or his moms name for the phone bill, they only need one person.... there is nothing we can do about it really... Same address is shown on the cell phone bill and electric bill.

So you only have the lease and three bank accounts in both of your names, and then you both have things in your own names that only exist separately, like credit cards and such.

That's not very much for a 3 year relationship. Shoot, I'm not even a year in mine and I'm saving anything that has both our names on it for ROC.

And yes, they want BOTH of your names to be on as much as possible. There should be no reason that you can't have both your names on the electric and cell phone bill, or at the minimum get proof that each other are authorized users on the account, even if it's all just for satisfying USCIS.

There's a difference between need, want, and preferred. They don't NEED your name on both the accounts, but they want it and they prefer it and they consider it part of proof of a bonafide marriage.

Not only do they consider it proof of financial trust between the two of you, but it makes it so that both of you are willing to take the fall legally if both of your names are on an account you can't pay. There's accountability for both of you financially, which most relationships share in the eyes of USCIS. If only one person has accountability, it makes it easier for you to part ways too when you get a green card, which is something that USCIS looks out for. Overall, you guys seem very weak in the proof department for what most provide.

While yes, it's too late to add anything, but as someone else said, when you get your NOID you need to try to prepare to have these things as another poster said:

"

• Written affidavits (friends, parents, co-workers, anyone who will put a pen to paper to say you two are the real thing)
  • Credit reports (his and hers)
  • Proof of cohabitation (do you rent or own?)
  • Proof of joint finances
  • Proof of joint insurance
  • Receipts for any joint assets
  • Wedding evidence (including receipts for photographer etc.)
  • Any joint travel? Get tickets together and photos
  • Photo album"

It seems that the only thing you may have for this is written affidavits, renting together, bank accounts together, MAYBE joint travel(?) and photos, and that's not a lot for a 3 year marriage.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Thanks again Damara! I tried to look for the thread about joint TV but i can't find it, in fact i can only see this one on my profile. Actually i'm not sure if i posted about it at all, may be i mentioned it in some other thread. But basically what happened (RFE from aug 9 2016) is they asked us to submit basic papers such as bank statements, lease, tax return, any loans (don't have), proof of joint ownership of TV/furniture. We bought it before we got married: we use my furniture that i got in 2011 or so and he bought the TV before we started living together.

I was just googling stories about NOID and in most cases they had some really good reasons for it. Like, they visited the house and there was no sign that the husband lived there. But one case was:

"they wanted affidavits from three people claiming knowledge of our marriage

They wanted use to prove we lived to together (we got letter from landlord and affidavits)
They wanted us to show activity on our joint bank account
Show shared bills
Show evidence of honeymoon"

Seems like a simple RFE! So weird. I don't know what happened to the case. I wonder if that's what is going to happen to us too because all our RFEs were weird:

- The one before the initial interview claimed that my husband does not make enough money to be my sponsor even though he does and we submitted all necessary papers. So the lawyer told us to get a letter from his boss and something else i don't remember... i think it was paystubs... we submitted all that and it was fine, but the thing is we submitted tax returns, irs transcripts and wherever else was needed before.

-Second one i just talked about, all same basic papers.

Yeah thats what our lawyer said too, they would have to present something serious.

Citizenship:

09/15/2020 - Filed online. Estimated completion given - July 2021 (10 months).

January 2021 - biometric reuse letter

April 2021 - interview scheduled

24/05/2021 - Interview (approved)

Passport:

July 23 - applied, expedited service

August 11 - received the passport

Aug. 16 (approximately) - received passport card

August 20 - received citizenship certificate back

Story of my almost 3 years long pending AOS - click below for details

Spoiler

• March 10 2015 - USCIS received i-130/i-485
  • March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • June 27 2016 - After Infopass, went to senator Durbin office in Chicago.
  • July 8 2016 - Went to Mike Quigley office.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 17 2016: Filed Ombudsman.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • July 29 2016: Sent another useless SR just because.
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: called the supervisor, no answer.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 19 2016: sent a letter to the director of Chicago Field Office.
  • November 22 2016: sent Service Request about i-485 (Lol[2])
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • Jan 27 - sent a service request regarding I-130.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • March 10 2017 - 2 years AOS anniversary...wow. 
  • March 31 - The response to the noid is received by uscis!
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 3:  biometrics
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 
  • December 14: Called uscis, tier 2 officer told me that the case is approved.
  • December 18: Received Approval notice (Dated December 12)

Long story short:
After the initial interview we received:

1) a RFE asking for the same papers again,

2) then were asked to come to the 2nd interview that went fine of course, 

3) then a NOID that was full of mistakes.

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

We also have tax returns, so yeah: 3 bank accounts, lease, tax returns for 3 years (including 2016).

We just put my husband on our electric bill, just in case :content: Thanks for the idea about authorized user, we will do that!

We don't really have a lot of things that exist separately besides cc... and i don't know if the phone bill counts in this case. We don't have a car/insurance/big loans

While yes, it's too late to add anything, but as someone else said, when you get your NOID you need to try to prepare to have these things as another poster said:

It seems that the only thing you may have for this is written affidavits, renting together, bank accounts together, MAYBE joint travel(?) and photos, and that's not a lot for a 3 year marriage.

I don't see this post, was it about my marriage? If yes, it's not MAYBE <_<:content:

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

• March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 

Long story short:

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

What country are you from?

I'm from Russia. His ex is from Japan. My husband is a us citizen by birth (no russian or japanese decent). Pretty diverse :content:

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Alright! Added authorized users to 4 of our CCs. I think they will be ok that i have a victoria's secret cc and such on my own right? lol

Why didn't we do this before?! -_- Well because we didn't care since our marriage is bona fide.... <_< I really hope this thread will be helpful to someone in the future, they will see it and will take care of stuff.

Thank you Ash.1101!

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Alright! Added authorized users to 4 of our CCs. I think they will be ok that i have a victoria's secret cc and such on my own right? lol

Why didn't we do this before?! -_- Well because we didn't care since our marriage is bona fide.... <_< I really hope this thread will be helpful to someone in the future, they will see it and will take care of stuff.

Thank you Ash.1101!

Excellent! Do you trip any other red flags (large age gap between the two of you, long time spent apart since being wed...)?

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If this was about financial issues they would have RFE'ed you about it or mentioned it.
If you want to add financial stuff look over the ROC list in the guides where you can find lots of ideas on

co mingled things to use. I don't think that is the issue though.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Excellent! Do you trip any other red flags (large age gap between the two of you, long time spent apart since being wed...)?

5 years difference, he is older... spent every single day together since the beginning of 2013 (wow :innocent:)

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

I can understand that you are really frustrated with how slow things are going. Theres really nothing I can say about that except try to keep it in perspective- you are together with your spouse, you are able to work, and you could travel (but I wouldnt recommend it because if a decision comes down and you are outside of the US you can get stuck outside).

We are not traveling abroad actually, just in US... I never applied for AP because i thought it's too risky to leave the country. So no family visits and such, my husband actually never met my family but i guess uscis can't hold it against us under these circumstances.

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.