Oguntise

Deported in 2007 (split)

34 posts in this topic

Does it matter? If you want even a chance for a visa, give them what they want.

Btw fwiw I do not agree with you that paying visa fees etc should mean everything is okay.  You pay for applying for a visa, not for getting a visa.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Unless an immigration atty no one herE has the definitive answers.

its a DIY forum & gives one ideas of the questions to at times

ask their attys, however those with str8 forward simple cases do

also benefit with the process, They can be reviewing for a number

of reasons, the US & Canada share criminal & immigration info,

they maybe be checking after US deportation if one got into

Canada  legally & truthfully ( you did say  you could not get your

status right in Canada due to the US deoportation etc )

Edited by Jawaree

• 3 weeks later...

Good day here all. After I submitted the Chronological travel history that the Embassy requested of me, my case was updated on the 28th of January. And on the 3rd of February, the status changed from AP to Refused and I was very concerned. So, I wrote to them asking why and today they came with a letter that I have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude and aggravated felony and was not even qualified for waiver. Please my question is, can my wife move to Canada and then apply for me from there? She can't come to Nigeria now because of the kids.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Oguntise said:

Good day here all. After I submitted the Chronological travel history that the Embassy requested of me, my case was updated on the 28th of January. And on the 3rd of February, the status changed from AP to Refused and I was very concerned. So, I wrote to them asking why and today they came with a letter that I have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude and aggravated felony and was not even qualified for waiver. Please my question is, can my wife move to Canada and then apply for me from there? She can't come to Nigeria now because of the kids.

Unlikely.  Canada is pretty hard on crimes too.

Is your wife Canadian? No she cant just move to Canada.  Also Canada is actually more strict about criminal activity than the USA. You cant even visit with a DUI. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If your wife has Canadian landing or citizenship she can  petition you

however for CIMT you would need to ger a Canadian parole (applied for

in Ottawa) first, crime must be over 10 yrs & non violent ,its discretionary &

cost. Canada is very strict on crimes & on lying to enter their country.

Your wife cant just move to Canada maybe she can check into residency

in Mexico and she add you later with border living option.Bear in mind

she can work in the US & you both live in Mexico but the commute is

not easy especially if the kids are placed in US schools

Thanks Jawaree and others. No. My wife has no landing and not a Citizen of Canada once with a job offer because of me. She got the social insurance number and the health card but she didn't work with the offer because I have to leave.  I must tell you I really don't even know what to do now.  We have been separated for over 10 years now and she has been hanging in there. She really didn't enjoy her marriage and with this current blow, I don't even know what is gonna happen.  But yes, the crime is over ten years now.  I finished my sentence in 2005. The conviction was in 2014. I will discuss the Mexico option with her and see what she says.  But I am in Nigeria now and I don't know how that may affect the process.  

Right now,  all our little resources has been wasted on this process.  The lawyer collected big from us. Assuming I have some money,  I would not even bother myself about traveling again.  I will just stay here in Lagos and do something meaningful with my life.  Thanks everyone for your contribution. God bless. 

Good day again all. I noticed something wrong during the processing of my visa at the Embassy in Lagos here and I want to point it out for comments. Why will the Consular Officer that saw me on my interview date puts me in 221g and asked for more documents, and after a month again asked me for my Chronological travel history and finally has to tell me that am ineligible for the visa? Why can't she tell me that the same day of the interview? I think I need to contact DOS about this. A copy of the letter I received from them yesterday is attached. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Certain deportable offenses may be excusable and she needed to check if you could be offered a waiver.  Apparently something came up in her post interview investigation that lead her to conclude no.  After being deported did you ever try to enter the US from Canada ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

No. Never. She asked that question on my interview date and I said No. But am suspicious of something. In my travel history, I have traveled to Brazil once via Turkey. Although Brazil was not my final destination but Cayman Island. But I was returned from Brazil back to Nigeria because of Admutalab(the young Nigerian terrorist). The incident just happened then. Maybe she made her decision because I went through Turkey. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That shouldn't really have an affect unless you stayed there for extended periods.  Have you been in legal trouble elsewhere ?   When your original problem happened were you travelling a lot ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

No. I don't have any legal issues with anyone or any country. As to traveling, I have only been out of Nigeria to Brazil and back and to Canada and back. And I disclosed all to her. I didn't hide anything. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Post violating multiple TOS provisions removed; Administrative Action taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

An agg. felony offence in the US deems you removable & banned permanently

as a former LPR congress wrote that law ...no 212(h) eligibility...The CO have to

check with the head consul & with agencies to be sure B4 a deccision is

made, in the meantime & in between time the USA is now also interested in ppl

travel history. I wish you luck dude..The atty knew there was no hope if you

told him the truth from day one, he sure ripped you off

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.