Jump to content
espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,507 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good morning everyone! I know I am a little early, but I figured the more we can share with each other the better. I am in the process of getting my wife's package ready to send to USCIS come January 7th. I have been looking at other forums and it looks that we might get lucky with not having to wait as long as filers in the Vermont Service Center since I am sending off to the California Service Center. I know the AOS wait was horrific. Please everyone feel free to come in, share as much information as you can. This site has been a terrific source of knowledge and has helped a lot of us save money on not having to hire a lawyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi January 2017 Filers! Espared12 it's good to "see" you again! We will be sending our package off on about Jan 14th. I am annoyed at IRS right now because the tax transcript service is temporarily down until "early January" - that's the way we are supposed to verify to USCIS the tax return was submitted. Grrr. Well I have an email from TurboTax that shows it was accepted by IRS, hopefully that will be good, or even better the transcript services will come back by the 14th. I am not in the mood for any RFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the newest version of Form I-751 for my husband who is the petitioner to remove condition on residence.  I'm having problems completing part 8 because where it says Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center it says:  I, and there is a box but the application won't let me type anything there.  I believe part 8 is for the spouse (myself the US citizen) and I know I must sign it but I'm a little bit confused whether or not I should put any name in the box or I should leave it in blank.  In other words who should be filling out part 8 of the newest version Form I-751.  

 

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Maite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maite&Osmar said:

Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the newest version of Form I-751 for my husband who is the petitioner to remove condition on residence.  I'm having problems completing part 8 because where it says Acknowledgement of Appointment at USCIS Application Support Center it says:  I, and there is a box but the application won't let me type anything there.  I believe part 8 is for the spouse (myself the US citizen) and I know I must sign it but I'm a little bit confused whether or not I should put any name in the box or I should leave it in blank.  In other words who should be filling out part 8 of the newest version Form I-751.  

 

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Maite

 

Looks to me like you just have to place an X in 1a if you understand English or 1b if you need a translator, and answer #2 only if you have an attorney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davesings said:

 

Looks to me like you just have to place an X in 1a if you understand English or 1b if you need a translator, and answer #2 only if you have an attorney

Hi Davesings,

Thanks for your prompt response but I'm referring to Part 8 of the I-751 Form that is 11 pages long.  I already put X to 1.a.   But I want to know if the box that has an asterisk in the attachment should be left in blank .

 

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

Edited by Maite&Osmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Maite&Osmar said:

Hi Davesings,

Thanks for your prompt response but I'm referring to Part 8 of the I-751 Form that is 11 pages long.  I already put X to 1.a.   But I want to know if the box that has an asterisk in the attachment should be left in blank .

 

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

I'm sorry I was looking at the wrong part! Part 8 starts on the previous page and continues. Since it is not highlighted I guess you just print the individual's name there...must be their mistake. 

 

Edited by Davesings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new version that is effective since 12/23/16 for everybody applying after that date.  Also, the fee for filing I-751 increased after that day from $505 to $595 plus $85 for Biometrics.  Therefore, we should be sending a total of $680.  Did you already submitted your application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Davesings said:

That looks different from the form I have online. Are you looking at the 12/23/16 version on the USCIS website?

 

There is a new version that is effective since 12/23/16 for everybody applying after that date.  Also, the fee for filing I-751 increased after that day from $505 to $595 plus $85 for Biometrics.  Therefore, we should be sending a total of $680.  Did you already submitted your application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maite&Osmar said:

There is a new version that is effective since 12/23/16 for everybody applying after that date.  Also, the fee for filing I-751 increased after that day from $505 to $595 plus $85 for Biometrics.  Therefore, we should be sending a total of $680.  Did you already submitted your application? 

Thanks for the information about the fees. Our window opens on 1/14/17 so we will aim to send it around then. I read it will get sent back if they receive it before the window opens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f

15 minutes ago, Davesings said:

I'm sorry I was looking at the wrong part! Part 8 starts on the previous page and continues. Since it is not highlighted I guess you just print the individual's name there...must be their mistake. 

 

But that's reason why I'm confused because isn't part 8 supposed to be information about the US Citizen? Besides that the form won't let me type anything there so I'm assuming it should be left in blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davesings said:

Thanks for the information about the fees. Our window opens on 1/14/17 so we will aim to send it around then. I read it will get sent back if they receive it before the window opens. 

Ok, just make sure you print the newest version because I started filling out the old version that already expired like a month ago and suddenly they changed it and that's where I'm getting confused.

Edited by Maite&Osmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Maite&Osmar said:

f

But that's reason why I'm confused because isn't part 8 supposed to be information about the US Citizen? Besides that the form won't let me type anything there so I'm assuming it should be left in blank.

There were a couple of places where you could not type in the answer, like Apartment number, but it had to be written in. I would think you need to print the US citizen's name in that space in part 8 but I am not an expert, just looking at this now. Also in Part 7, looks like the petitioner has to print their name too.

Edited by Davesings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davesings said:

There were a couple of places where you could not type in the answer, like Apartment number, but it had to be written in. I would think you need to print the US citizen's name in that space in part 8 but I am not an expert, just looking at this now. 

That's what I thought at the beginning, that the US citizen name should go there but US citizen don't need Biometrics.  Try to fill it out when you have chance and keep me updated.  I need to send the form by Jan 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×