kg0103

DCF USEM Manila

119 posts in this topic

Hi,

Anyone here who filed DCF at the US Embassy Manila recently (past two weeks). We filed ours last Dec 13 and we're eagerly waiting for the approval. I understand that there will be delays because of the holidays and all but would like to know others who are on the same timeline as ours. :) I know some gets approved within a week and others in a month. Would be nice to get an idea of the current processing time for DCF in Manila :)

Hi KG,

Did not file in the past two weeks (filed two months ago) but I suspect that with the end-of-the-year, the recently announced upcoming fee increases possibly prompting greater filings, and the holidays, it might take a bit longer than usual right about now.

USCIS for us was pretty fast (within a week). DOS was slower.

USCIS was quite responsive whenever we called them. Give them a call.

Hang in there.

Dave

Edited by DaveSana

Hi! so we filed i-130 petition at USEM DCF last dec 14th. and since then i have been searching on all facebook visa groups (where i am member) about any relates cases, but failed. i never thought of checking visa journey although i always read posts here about DCF but not lately due to the holidays. so here's what happen in our case:

our original appointment at window 25 USCIS manila was last dec 13th at 9am, same day as you were there but we were there from 9am to 12nn because i had to photocopy alot of papers downstairs and kept on going back and forth from window 25 to the photocopy center downstairs. i never noticed anybody who had the same purpose (other than the couple we met but they didnt go through because the petitioner didnt have his divorce papers with him) as we do so i figured your appointment must be before 9am. so on that day dec 13th, after we photocopied everything it was already close to 12 noon so the lady officer told us to just come back the following day, dec 14th. we were there early before 8am, after the lady went through all our papers, she realized that my husband didnt have the right divorce paper (for his first divorce) and she was sorry that she didnt noticed it the day before. she wanted us to provide the paper and just come back on a different day whenever we can produce it but we cant afford flying back to manila again so we begged her to at least accept our application and let us pay and just send the missing divorce paper later. so glad that she agreed and that we just have to email it to them. we were able to pay that day but she said that they can never process our application until they received the paper and that we have 30 days  to do it otherwise our payment will be forfeited. 

dec 22nd 1pm, we sent the missing divorce paper and until now we are waiting for that approval. we sent them email last dec 29th asking if they ever got the missing paper (because they never replied after we sent it) and if how long it would take for processing (although in window 25 the lady told us that it would take 30-90 days for processing). they did answered right away saying that they got it and that normal processing is 3 months.

im glad to find you here so we can have basis of our case from your case. 

Hi! My husband and I also filed our petition last Dec. 9, but until now there's still no update from them. Maybe because of the holidays that's why the approval took longer right now..

Edited by mrsrasco

15 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Hi! so we filed i-130 petition at USEM DCF last dec 14th. and since then i have been searching on all facebook visa groups (where i am member) about any relates cases, but failed. i never thought of checking visa journey although i always read posts here about DCF but not lately due to the holidays. so here's what happen in our case:

our original appointment at window 25 USCIS manila was last dec 13th at 9am, same day as you were there but we were there from 9am to 12nn because i had to photocopy alot of papers downstairs and kept on going back and forth from window 25 to the photocopy center downstairs. i never noticed anybody who had the same purpose (other than the couple we met but they didnt go through because the petitioner didnt have his divorce papers with him) as we do so i figured your appointment must be before 9am. so on that day dec 13th, after we photocopied everything it was already close to 12 noon so the lady officer told us to just come back the following day, dec 14th. we were there early before 8am, after the lady went through all our papers, she realized that my husband didnt have the right divorce paper (for his first divorce) and she was sorry that she didnt noticed it the day before. she wanted us to provide the paper and just come back on a different day whenever we can produce it but we cant afford flying back to manila again so we begged her to at least accept our application and let us pay and just send the missing divorce paper later. so glad that she agreed and that we just have to email it to them. we were able to pay that day but she said that they can never process our application until they received the paper and that we have 30 days  to do it otherwise our payment will be forfeited. 

dec 22nd 1pm, we sent the missing divorce paper and until now we are waiting for that approval. we sent them email last dec 29th asking if they ever got the missing paper (because they never replied after we sent it) and if how long it would take for processing (although in window 25 the lady told us that it would take 30-90 days for processing). they did answered right away saying that they got it and that normal processing is 3 months.

im glad to find you here so we can have basis of our case from your case. 

Hi myrrh130,

Our appointment was 11:30am so we probably saw each other that day. :) We actually came in about an hour before our appointment but the person at the reception downstairs didn't give us a number for the queue and were just told to wait for my husband's name to be called at window 25. The process was quick for us, we had everything that the lady on window 25 needed and were told the same processing time.

I would agree with @mrsrasco that the delay in approvals might be because of the holidays. I also sent them an email last dec 29 for an update (couldn't resist!) and all they said is that it is in process and that normal processing time is 3 months (sooner than that i hope).

Will keep you posted :)

3 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

They usually respond after 2 business days. :)  but my last follow up through email is last dec 30th..

I checked your immigration timeline and I have to ask, did you get an email from uscis for the noa1? NOA1 would be when they accepted our application in person right? I just have to ask because I have a friend (who went thru the same process) who asked me if I got an acceptance email. But I didnt get anything at all. 

I just called them today and got their standard reply (1-3 months processing). The lady mentioned I should call back on January 9th, which falls on the 30th day of my petition. 

seriously! that would mean that if we call too, they'll say the same thing and will let us wait for a month (since filling) to call again. very informative. thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.