Iused2LoveHer

Much Older Woman Petition for Man in Ghana

24 posts in this topic

I have a female friend here in the U.S. who met a Ghanaian man online. She wants to petition for him to come to the States via a Fiance Visa, as long as she still feels good about him after visiting him in a couple of months. Here's the potential problem: She is 48, and he is 20.

Will there be an issue getting approved? I know Ghana is considered high fraud, and I am familiar with the embassy there since that's how I married my wife.

I want to let her know if this is doable so she doesn't waste her time. I've seen other discussions on this, and haven't come to a conclusion because the specifics aren't the exact same.

Edited by Iused2LoveHer

She won't be able to petition for him until she's met him in person (which she's going to do), and spent enough time with him that she can convincingly prove that they know each other well.

Since Ghana is a high-fraud country, and the age difference is culturally uncommon, they'll have a harder time proving it's a genuine relationship, so they should prepare accordingly (multiple visits, save all hotel/air receipts, letters and emails, etc.).

Personally I think that it's not so much an issue of gender, but of the huge difference (almost 30 years' worth) of life experience between the two. She might be saving herself a lot of grief if she'd let him grow up a little more before she considers marrying him.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is all moot at the moment, see how it goes, but absolutely expect to go above and beyond.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

more than one visit i would say , and that age gap is much adding ot the fact the petitioner is a 48 yr old woman petitioning for a kid whose barely an adult

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Ghana is a tough embassy. Like others already said, she'll need to be prepared

And consider whether she's willing to go there to get married if the K-1 gets denied.

Filed: Timeline

She has not met this 20 yr old & considering marriage already,

what about him wanting kids & if so amazing he did not find a wife

there already She has to meet him in person, age is not a great factor

unless there are red-flags....This seem like an arrangement thats been

sanctioned

Edited by Jawaree

She has not met this 20 yr old & considering marriage already,

what about him wanting kids & if so amazing he did not find a wife

there already She has to meet him in person, age is not a great factor

unless there are red-flags....This seem like an arrangement thats been

sanctioned

She already knows she has to meet him, which is why she's visiting him. And him not finding a wife there is irrelevant to this situation and every other k1 visa petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

There is a 20 years Gab between my wife and I. But we got approved . Just prove that the relationship is real . My wife visited for 5 times . 1st time engagement. Second time, k1 interview . Denied. She visited again which is the 3rd time . 4th time married. Five time wedding anniversary..cr1 approved. provide enough genius documents and evidence and you will be approved. Try k1 visa if it doesn't work out try cr1 . 20 years and 48 years will be hard thou. It would have been much better if the man is 27 or 28. But Keep the faith and fight till you get it .

Edited by LoveislikeEgg

Timeline

Because in some cultures, when the female is in his 40s or older it will be difficult/impossible for her to have a child. This is why older woman/younger man relationships are more tricky in some countries, with regards to US immigration.

Culture doesn't matter about having a child in your 40s or not . In some culture ,it is not allowed for a younger man to marry older woman. When you go to the Northern part of ghana . That culture practice is there . 50 year old man can marry 18, 19, 20 years young girl . But 18, 19 ,20 years young guy can nother get married to 40 and above year old woman.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Country customs and culture definitely matters in this situation. This topic has been discussed here so many times on VJ. Use the search tool and will see all the previous threads.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/599612-someone-case/?fromsearch=1

Timeline

True. You are right . But it does not matter about not having a child in your 40s. Like someone was saying.

Edited by LoveislikeEgg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.