2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

homs2017 a man can file VAWA. Who has a police report and/or a  restraining order usually doesn't need a psychological evaluation, but it depends on what is written in the police report.You have to prove a  bonafide marriage as well.

Hello everyone,

Filling out Form I-360. It says in Part 1 that I skip to item 7 if I am the VAWA applicant. Please help. Should I start writing my name in Part 3?

I provided a safe mailing address in Part 1 item 7. Should I repeat that in Part 3 or does it mean the addresss I used to live with abuser?

Thanks! 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Milestone2017 said:

Hello everyone,

Filling out Form I-360. It says in Part 1 that I skip to item 7 if I am the VAWA applicant. Please help. Should I start writing my name in Part 3?

I provided a safe mailing address in Part 1 item 7. Should I repeat that in Part 3 or does it mean the addresss I used to live with abuser?

Thanks! 

This form has multiple usage.

For VAWA self-petitioner, start at Item 7, Part 1, filling your safe mailing address.

Yes, in part 3, you will fill your information.

Item 2 of Part 3 is a bit confusing. It looks like one should repeat his/her mailing address.  You will provide last address in Part 10, where you live with abusive spouse. You may clarify all your addresses on your affidavits.

13 hours ago, miloy001 said:

This form has multiple usage.

For VAWA self-petitioner, start at Item 7, Part 1, filling your safe mailing address.

Yes, in part 3, you will fill your information.

Item 2 of Part 3 is a bit confusing. It looks like one should repeat his/her mailing address.  You will provide last address in Part 10, where you live with abusive spouse. You may clarify all your addresses on your affidavits.

Thanks for this. 

On 2/17/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sandra93 said:

I am so happy to hear that Ms. Green! EAD is a big milestone I feel like ❤️

Thank you Sandra93. I feel like I'll be a bit more of a person here now (L)

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

5 minutes ago, SUicidaL-3876 said:

i have been waiting for a decision on VAWA since december 2014. Has anyone waited this long?.

-Its very depressing.

Hey, sorry to hear that. I know there are people who wait even longer. Have you tried contacting USCIS about the delay? Has it been assigned to an immigration officer?

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, SUicidaL-3876 said:

i have been waiting for a decision on VAWA since december 2014. Has anyone waited this long?.

-Its very depressing.

That is unusally long, in my opinion. 2 years? I know at some point it really did take them that long to decide some cases but not recently. We hear about people who have gotten their decisions already and they applied March/April 2016. Definitely get an info pass. As much as we think it's government and they have everything organized, with this many applications coming through, it is possible that a case might get "forgotten". 

Edited by Sandra93

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

Hey, sorry to hear that. I know there are people who wait even longer. Have you tried contacting USCIS about the delay? Has it been assigned to an immigration officer?

We contacted them in late january. They said we would get a reply in 3 weeks. Those three weeks have since passed. When i track my case online, the msg is the same.

1 minute ago, SUicidaL-3876 said:

We contacted them in late january. They said we would get a reply in 3 weeks. Those three weeks have since passed. When i track my case online, the msg is the same.

I would really recommend contacting the ombudsman for USCIS. This is the link where you can submit all the paperwork and your concerns https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx . Fill out this electronic form with a thorough description of the situation. They are officially appointed individuals that address concerns in regards to cases like yours and many others. They will assist you if USCIS is not.

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sandra93 said:

That is unusally long, in my opinion. 2 years? I know at some point it really did take them that long to decide some cases but not recently. We hear about people who have gotten their decisions already and they applied March/April 2016. Definitely get an info pass. As much as we think it's government and they have everything organized, with this much applications coming through, it is possible that a case might get "forgotten". 

We did a service request but haven't heard anything. I am starting to wonder  whether they have lost my file and don't want to admit it. I would totally lose my mind if i get a denial at the end of all this. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

I would really recommend contacting the ombudsman for USCIS. This is the link where you can submit all the paperwork and your concerns https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx . Fill out this electronic form with a thorough description of the situation. They are officially appointed individuals that address concerns in regards to cases like yours and many others. They will assist you if USCIS is not.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SUicidaL-3876 said:

Thank you.

Also, try contacting your local congressman (http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ input your zip code and the contact information will appear). They cannot push anything through, but they will inquire on your behalf and I've seen cases that were stuck have gotten an update soon afterwards. Keep us updated and I hope this helps.

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

Also, try contacting your local congressman (http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ input your zip code and the contact information will appear). They cannot push anything through, but they will inquire on your behalf and I've seen cases that were stuck have gotten an update soon afterwards. Keep us updated and I hope this helps.

will do. I appreciate your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.