Voice of Reason

In Wake of Trump, Democrats Suddenly Discover Freedom of Association

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I think the whole thing is silly. If someone refuses to serve you, whatever the reason - go somewhere else. Don't go whining and suing. You probably don't wanna force them to do it anyway at that point. I know if somebody doesn't want to serve me the last thing I want to do is make them do it. And while I don't condone people refusing to serve same sex couples(we've never refused anyone) I think it's dumb to let them know that is why. It is really easy to make up some reason that won't get you in trouble and they'll never know the difference.

I do agree with the not smoking in public spaces and restaurants because that is a health issue.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the whole thing is silly. If someone refuses to serve you, whatever the reason - go somewhere else. Don't go whining and suing. You probably don't wanna force them to do it anyway at that point. I know if somebody doesn't want to serve me the last thing I want to do is make them do it. And while I don't condone people refusing to serve same sex couples(we've never refused anyone) I think it's dumb to let them know that is why. It is really easy to make up some reason that won't get you in trouble and they'll never know the difference.

I do agree with the not smoking in public spaces and restaurants because that is a health issue.

Or just treat everyone the same. A baker in Colorado who got sued decided he wasn't going to make wedding cakes anymore for anyone. That satisfied the law and I guess the bakers' conscience as well. As far as I heard he still does good business and he'll sell a pastry to anyone. I'm still not sure where the idea that baking the cake was condoning the wedding came from.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Timeline

Not sure if it's just the liberal in you wanting folks to do things the way you think they should be done, but said baker is still making cakes, and is taking his case to the U.S. Supreme Court after the Colorado Supreme Court refused to hear his case. He isn't done fighting yet.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/22/colorado-baker-gay-wedding-cake-supreme-court/

http://masterpiececakes.com/

Or just treat everyone the same. A baker in Colorado who got sued decided he wasn't going to make wedding cakes anymore for anyone. That satisfied the law and I guess the bakers' conscience as well. As far as I heard he still does good business and he'll sell a pastry to anyone. I'm still not sure where the idea that baking the cake was condoning the wedding came from.

Timeline

Not sure if it's just the liberal in you wanting folks to do things the way you think they should be done, but said baker is still making cakes, and is taking his case to the U.S. Supreme Court after the Colorado Supreme Court refused to hear his case. He isn't done fighting yet.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/22/colorado-baker-gay-wedding-cake-supreme-court/

http://masterpiececakes.com/

Just going by what he said he was doing last year. As you may know, I don't have time to follow the day to day actions of bigots.

I'm sure there was a lot of external bigot pressure on him not to cave in, and I'm sure there's a gofundbigot page set up somewhere to help him out, so he'll probably do OK one way or the other.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Laugh. Sometimes you Crack me up.

Just going by what he said he was doing last year. As you may know, I don't have time to follow the day to day actions of bigots.

I'm sure there was a lot of external bigot pressure on him not to cave in, and I'm sure there's a gofundbigot page set up somewhere to help him out, so he'll probably do OK one way or the other.

Timeline

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission ruled in May 2014 that Phillips must make cakes for same-sex ceremonies or face legal consequences. Phillips and his staff were also ordered take re-education classes on discrimination and file quarterly compliance reports for two years. He has since given up making cakes altogether since he isn’t allowed to refuse same-sex weddings.

“The Colorado Supreme Court made the right call. There was no reason to hear this case,” Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United, said in a statement. “Religious freedom is an important constitutional principle, but it doesn’t guarantee businesses the right to deny people services and discriminate against them.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/26/christian-baker-forced-to-bake-gay-wedding-cakes-or-make-no-wedding-cakes-at-all/#ixzz4UFb7xWGx

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

They still make cakes, just not "wedding" cakes. At least that what Mr. Phillips told me. Assuming he knows more about his business than the daily caller.

That is what I said in the first place. You've argued this full circle now. I have to say that's pretty good even for you.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Yes, I see at one point you said wedding cake. But you also indicated he only sells pastries now. They still make awesome cakes, they just refuse to decorate them with a wedding theme. Hopefully in a week or so the US Supreme Court will agree to hear his case and that will change for the man.

The article you posted and BOLDED said he gave up making cakes altogether. Full circle, eh?

Edited by IDGAF

Timeline

Yes, I see at one point you said wedding cake. But you also indicated he only sells pastries now. They still make awesome cakes, they just refuse to decorate them with a wedding theme. Hopefully in a week or so the US Supreme Court will agree to hear his case and that will change for the man.

The article you posted and BOLDED said he gave up making cakes altogether. Full circle, eh?

Yes, that is what the article said. You could always donate if you feel strongly about it. He's only at 20% of his goal. The 'Alliance for Defending Freedom' :rolleyes: isn't defending him for free you know.

QCjgyJZ.jpg