Jump to content
Ahmed & Amy

Getting Vaccinations for Medical Exam in Egypt, experiences.

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband and I just sent out our AOS & IV package yesterday. :content: We're just looking ahead at the next step after case complete.

My husband does not have a vaccination record. He knows he had vaccinations in the past, but which ones, he doesn't know for sure. I understand that the physician will determine what type of vaccines he will need and thus he will give them to my husband at the medical examination. My husband wants to be sure that the vaccines he receives will be considered a vaccination record. Will him not having a vaccination record prior to attending the medical examination hurt him in any way at the medical examination in Egypt?

Any recent experiences on this would be wonderful.

We're in Giza and will plan on going to the physician recommended by the Cairo US Embassy at Sherouk Hospital when the time comes.

Also, if anyone has received vaccines recently for your medical examination, about how much are they? Is it best just to call and ask? As it seems prices go up everyday here in Egypt.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our experience was a few years ago (2013), but my husband didn't have a vaccination record either. The doctor filled out the vaccination form, and I think we got a copy to keep. There were no complications due to his lack of vaccination record. I think he received a tetanus and maybe one other. The cost would definitely be much different than it is now, so I can't speak to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our experience was a few years ago (2013), but my husband didn't have a vaccination record either. The doctor filled out the vaccination form, and I think we got a copy to keep. There were no complications due to his lack of vaccination record. I think he received a tetanus and maybe one other. The cost would definitely be much different than it is now, so I can't speak to that.

Thank you for your quick response. :) That's good to know that it won't be a problem. I figured so, but just wanted to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he will have the interview letter he will go do the medical check and at the hospital. they didn't ask about vaccination records even I offered to show them they said it's okay and give me two shots one MMR and another on I don't remember exactly what was it . I finished it just last week. So it's not a big deal. Hopefully you guys will get interview day soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he will have the interview letter he will go do the medical check and at the hospital. they didn't ask about vaccination records even I offered to show them they said it's okay and give me two shots one MMR and another on I don't remember exactly what was it . I finished it just last week. So it's not a big deal. Hopefully you guys will get interview day soon

That's great! Good luck on your coming interview ISA. I hope we just get through this step with NVC quickly, alhamdulillah we just sent off our AOS & IV packages yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Dec 9 I received packet 4 which includes the instructions of the interview, and the medical examination.

The listed doctors only can determine the vaccinations that your husband needs.

You can calling elsherouk hospital asking them if any vaccinations will be taken before the medical examination will effective.

2 days ago, I called Dr salwa in Alex and she said that the medical will cost 1140 L.E without the costs of vaccinations, it will be determined there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Dec 9 I received packet 4 which includes the instructions of the interview, and the medical examination.

The listed doctors only can determine the vaccinations that your husband needs.

You can calling elsherouk hospital asking them if any vaccinations will be taken before the medical examination will effective.

2 days ago, I called Dr salwa in Alex and she said that the medical will cost 1140 L.E without the costs of vaccinations, it will be determined there.

Yeah, he's not planning on taking any vaccinations until we receive packet 4. We just wanted to be sure that it's no problem that he doesn't have a vaccination record.

ISA when the time comes for him to have the medical examination we will call for updated fee's. :)

Good Luck with your coming interview ISA. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I are in the same boat – just got our interview letter this week for the Cairo embassy for the start of Feb, and so now trying to get things together for the medical. This has been really helpful information – thank you!!!

This morning I've been trying to call the Anglo-American Hospital in Zamalek to book an appointment, but the numbers listed on the State.gov pdf aren't connecting through to anybody. Is there a time I'm supposed to be calling? Can I go to Zamalek in person to make the appointment?

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danielswatkins said:

My wife and I are in the same boat – just got our interview letter this week for the Cairo embassy for the start of Feb, and so now trying to get things together for the medical. This has been really helpful information – thank you!!!

This morning I've been trying to call the Anglo-American Hospital in Zamalek to book an appointment, but the numbers listed on the State.gov pdf aren't connecting through to anybody. Is there a time I'm supposed to be calling? Can I go to Zamalek in person to make the appointment?

Dan

I believe you can just walk in and make an appointment.  I attached a pdf that has the contact information for Anglo-American Hospital (Page 5). See if these work, if all else fails, just go there in person and make an appointment. Good Luck to you in your coming interview. :) Happy New Year.

CRO - Cairo.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I believe you can just walk in and make an appointment.  I attached a pdf that has the contact information for Anglo-American Hospital (Page 5). See if these work, if all else fails, just go there in person and make an appointment. Good Luck to you in your coming interview. :) Happy New Year.

CRO - Cairo.pdf

Thank you for this!! Will head on over soon :)

Happy New Year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I had the medical at the Anglo-American Hospital today! It went well – I think? Results pending! – but a few pointers about some surprises from the morning:

  • There were three parts to the medical: lab works (blood, urine), chest x-ray, and a consult with the doctor. People did different bits in different orders... 
  • The whole thing took 4.5 hours, start to finish, so bring a book, or a snack, or both... We got there at 9, left at 1:30pm. I think they told everybody to come at 9am, so there was a lot of waiting around... Not sure how other hospitals are, but AAH was busy.
  • Contrary to the pdf instructions, I was told I needed 7 photos, not 3—1 for x-ray, 2 for labs, 4 for doctor's paperwork. (When I said that the pdf said 3, they told me malesh, but I can bring the photos when I come collect the final papers in a week). 
  • As of 1 October 2016, there is a compulsory gonorrhea test, which is LE 700, on top of other labs. I thought I brought enough cash, but it was tight.

Whole thing cost me LE 1230:

Chest x-ray: LE 150

Lab work: LE 700

Doctor's consult: LE 300

Missing vaccinations: LE 80

 

Hope this is helpful! 

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, danielswatkins said:

OK, so I had the medical at the Anglo-American Hospital today! It went well – I think? Results pending! – but a few pointers about some surprises from the morning:

  • There were three parts to the medical: lab works (blood, urine), chest x-ray, and a consult with the doctor. People did different bits in different orders... 
  • The whole thing took 4.5 hours, start to finish, so bring a book, or a snack, or both... We got there at 9, left at 1:30pm. I think they told everybody to come at 9am, so there was a lot of waiting around... Not sure how other hospitals are, but AAH was busy.
  • Contrary to the pdf instructions, I was told I needed 7 photos, not 3—1 for x-ray, 2 for labs, 4 for doctor's paperwork. (When I said that the pdf said 3, they told me malesh, but I can bring the photos when I come collect the final papers in a week). 
  • As of 1 October 2016, there is a compulsory gonorrhea test, which is LE 700, on top of other labs. I thought I brought enough cash, but it was tight.

Whole thing cost me LE 1230:

Chest x-ray: LE 150

Lab work: LE 700

Doctor's consult: LE 300

Missing vaccinations: LE 80

 

Hope this is helpful! 

 

Dan

Thank you Dan so much for sharing your experience. :content: I truly appreciate all your details. This is very much so helpful to me indeed. Good luck to you on your coming interview and your journey to America. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my medical exam 4 days ago on 4th, Feb. at Al Shorouk hospital, it took 3 hours to complete everything.

Regarding vaccinations, they give MMR & Titanous.

Total cost was about 1850 L.E. ( Doctor's check + X-Ray + Vaccines + Lab. tests )

I should receive my medical exam results after 10 days from the time the exam was done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kalelaimy said:

I did my medical exam 4 days ago on 4th, Feb. at Al Shorouk hospital, it took 3 hours to complete everything.

Regarding vaccinations, they give MMR & Titanous.

Total cost was about 1850 L.E. ( Doctor's check + X-Ray + Vaccines + Lab. tests )

I should receive my medical exam results after 10 days from the time the exam was done.

 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Most likely Ahmed will be going to Shorouk Hospital as well since it's closer to us. wish you tons of luck on your coming interview. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×